Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic
Page: of 27

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5078 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5078 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  5:20:48 PM  Show Profile
I want to share this vintage postcard from my Great Grandmother, to my great Aunt Mattie, the Margaret she refers to is my granny!
i was telling my mom about our postcard swap and she dug up a box with old postcards in it.I love this one!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  8:15:05 PM  Show Profile
I don't know what's funnier...what I saw when I tried to look up hymature, or Pat going to Memphis to get his teeth....where did he leave them???? LOL. Love you Connie...you are so cute!

Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  8:16:17 PM  Show Profile
How cool is that Connie!!!! That is great that your mom still has postcards from "way back when".
Thanks for sharing it with us.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  8:18:20 PM  Show Profile
I got three lovely postcards today: one from Netty in Nebraska...love all the pics of Nebraska Netty, it looks so scenic! One from Linda in Washington which shows the beautiful view that she gets to see daily. Linda your view reminds me of the view from our house in Bend, Oregon! Is Mt. Bachelor part of the Cascades? I'm not sure. And, finally, a postcard from Debbie in Alaska with the Northern Lights!! You are so lucky Debbie to be able to see such a phenomenon...beautiful!!!

Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  8:39:23 PM  Show Profile
What a great postcard!! do you know what she was refering to when she mentioned 'hymature'? or what the building on the front of the card is or where it is? what a cool postcard.

I got two post cards today from Linda and Debbie.

Linda sent a great picture of the mountains anf raspberry fields (they're my favorite) in the foreground.

Debbie sent the Northen lights postcard. When I lived there and saw them I always thought that they looked like they should make some kind of noise, you know a whoosh or something, but they never did. They are still awesome tho'! I lived there in the early 70's and also in Kenai. I never saw them when I lived there tho'. I did get to see the whales several times out in the inlet though so it was good in both places.

This is such a great swap!!

Lainey Lou #3848

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  8:44:52 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Lainey Lou

What a great postcard!! do you know what she was refering to when she mentioned 'hymature'? or what the building on the front of the card is or where it is? what a cool postcard.

I got two post cards today from Linda and Debbie.

Linda sent a great picture of the mountains anf raspberry fields (they're my favorite) in the foreground.

Debbie sent the Northen lights postcard. When I lived there and saw them I always thought that they looked like they should make some kind of noise, you know a whoosh or something, but they never did. They are still awesome tho'! I lived there in the early 70's and also in Kenai. I never saw them when I lived there tho'. I did get to see the whales several times out in the inlet though so it was good in both places.

This is such a great swap!!

Lainey Lou #3848

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

P.S. I have 10, yes 10 postcards now, count 'em folkes and I look at them everyday and day dream !!

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5078 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5078 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  9:02:25 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, Lainey, I don't have a clue what is Hymature!! I am going to have to ask my mom who Pat was, I have never heard that name before and maybe she knows what the pic on the front is, I know I got a kick out of it. Great Grandmaw Nora did have a wonderful sense of humor, I think from drinking Hot Toddies!!! LOL!!! She died when I was in the 4th grade. She was a farmer's wife and she was tough! Did you see the cure for it. It was one of those ole wives tales I bet, cause I know ,I heard a lot of them growing up!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  9:22:16 PM  Show Profile
Hmmm....maybe I'd best be drinking some of that dewberry tea!

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  9:27:47 PM  Show Profile
ohh no post card to brag about today, I will tomorrow....the northern lights card sounds pretty.
t

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  11:57:12 PM  Show Profile
Connie...loved that postcard of your moms. You must find out what Hymature is....so none of us come down
with it. LOL We don't have dewberries out here that I know of...so IF that is the cure...wow, I might
expire. LOL!

No post cards in my box either today...but I got 7 more written out tonight. Seems like 7 is my number...because each time I make out the 7th card my hands cramping like crazy. Good thing we have
all summer to mail these out. Ha Ha!

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  12:07:10 AM  Show Profile
You'll have to let us know what you find out and for goodness sake if you can get that dewberry tea recipe make us aware - no telling what we are missing! I find stuff like that so interesting!!!

I wish my camera wasn't on the fritz I have some stuff like that I would like to share with y'all. I'll have to check on that again.

Love this swap!!!
Lainey Lou #3848

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  06:19:39 AM  Show Profile
The Northern Lights, I have only seen photos, but so beautiful. It is on my Bucket List to see one day, thank you Debbie for the beautiful postcard, I have moved seeing the Northern Lights to the top of my list!
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  08:04:11 AM  Show Profile
Debbie,

I was there a long time ago, but I can tell you from experience that Alaska truly deserves to be at the top of your bucket list. That is one subject and place I could talk about for hours. The water there in the lakes and rivers is so blue that I thought they put dye or something in it to make it that color because I had never seen water that color or clear. When I first went to the river to go fishing it looked like the river was only a few feet deep and I started to wade across what I thought was a shallow spot when I was pulled back. It was actually 30 or 40 foot deep and the rocks that I thought were small stones were huge boulders under the water. The blueberries there are as large as plums and in Palmer they have vegetables you wouldn't believe are real unless you saw them yourself. The forests are beautiful, full of ferns and flowers and the wildlife is amazing. I never went fishing that I didn't catch a fish. I'll shut up now but like I said I could talk about it for hours. It is a beautiful place and if you get a chance to go by all means go it is well worth it!!!

Wish I was there again,
Lainey Lou #3848

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  09:04:34 AM  Show Profile
Oh that really sounds beautiful...That is one place I do want to go and see the Northern lights. It is in my bucket list also.
What is a Dewberry?

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5078 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5078 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  10:58:59 AM  Show Profile
Dewberry is a berry, related to Blackberries, they grow mostly in the North is what Wikipedia said.

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  1:01:52 PM  Show Profile
Received my beautiful northern lights postcard from Debbie in Alaska today.
I have been fortunate enough to visit Alaska twice so far and am hoping to take my children there in the next few years!
Such a beautiful place!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  3:20:29 PM  Show Profile
Received Netty's interesting Whooping Crane postcard from Nebraska
today. You are so lucky to be able to see them and even more special
that some roost on their way up to Canada. They are still very
endangered but surviving. Love to watch them do their "Whooping Dance"
it is almost comical. A few years back ultralight planes were leading
the way for their migration (Wisconsin-Florida, I believe) and that
was a sight to behold! But it worked.
Tammy, yes, your gorgeous Mount Batchelor is part of the Cascade
Mountain range and it is actually a stratovolcano atop a shield volcano
but don't worry, it last erupted 8,000 to 10,000 years ago we are probably more likely to see Mt. Rainier erupt first (but sure hope not!)
Glad my postcards are arriving and I sure am enjoying all the ones
I've received. Thanks for making it all possible CJ, it's like taking
mini trips without having to leave home...

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....

Edited by - hummingbirdjoy on Jun 13 2012 3:21:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  08:10:53 AM  Show Profile
Got 7 cards today...yippee! SO much fun to see all those cards...
One from Marcy, lov the view..so pretty
Laney Lou, such a cute picture of you and hubby
Lyndawynn, beautiful Cascade Mountains..I've read books that are situated there..can
t remember the titles sorry :(
Marcie, those Texas Bluebonnets are wonderful
Laurie, thanks for NY greetings :)
Marlee...that jail looks haunted indeed lol. AND no stamp on the front yay :)
Darlene, those Seqoia trees are impressive *__*

Next week will send the rest of my cards out....need to buy stamps first lol...PO will be closed tomorrow and saturday I am away...so Monday it will be.

Hugs..................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hugs from Marian/Dutchy

(Formerly living in the Netherlands, now I live in Thailand

http://pinkprincessinthailand.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5078 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5078 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  09:13:58 AM  Show Profile
Got a batch of postcards mailed yesterday, and going to mail some today! Dutchy,I sent yours off yesterday! I am so enjoying getting them and displaying them in my, Tammy- "Mini Me" card Stand!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  04:50:05 AM  Show Profile
yesterday i rec'd Rain's postcard and i have to say something- gals--i moved from michigan to ohio in january...rain must be using an old list - so glad that her beautiful card was fwded!

i got my keys last nite to my new place and will send ceejay my new addy tonite- i know it's confusing with all of the moving- you should try it from my end of the mailbox!!!
so- if you haven't yet mailed my card please check your email from ceejay this weekend!

oh- and i won't be online til monday again as my monitor at home died!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  1:38:47 PM  Show Profile
Guess what I got in the mail. RIGHT-3 postcards.Whoohoo!
Laurie-Thank you for the card from N.Y., it looks beautiful.When people say New York, most people think of New York City. Several years ago, my hubby and I drove Semi-truck and Tanker.We went to New York and it is so awesome ,we went to a town called Fishkill.I loved that town. The land is beautiful. Thank you Laurie.

Linda -Thank you much for the card from Washington, my husband had distant relatives and he was last there when he was 12.He wants to go back
someday. The Cascade Mountains that would be great to see. Raspberry fields are pretty and I love raspberries. Thank you Linda for the card.

Connie- The Flower Market is just wonderful.I love all those flowers.I've always been interested in Ireland, Scotland I would love to see the
Farms and Sheep over there. I cant imagine what it is like. Thank you Connie for the card.

Thank you all Laurie, Linda and Connie I traveled alot today and never left home.Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  1:35:54 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Lainey Lou for your special postcard that arrived today.
Loved the picture of you and your hubby. Georgia is so pretty when
everything is in bloom. My postcard photo album is filling up and
it's fun to look at them.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  2:29:45 PM  Show Profile
I got two post cards in the mail today;
Thank you Connie for the flower market in Dublin Ireland, those flowers are beautiful and I bet the country is too.

Thanks so much for the postcard of the super moon in Washington Peggy. I got to see it here but it wasn't as spectacular as the one over Seattle, wow that is pretty.
Thanks I will be waiting for more the mail has been slow here lately.
Have a great day
darlene

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  3:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
POSTCARD SWAPPERS:

I've sent out an email with a NEW ADDRESS for MARGO MALCHESKI.

If you haven't sent to her yet, please use the new address. Be sure to check your spam folders too, if you can't find it.

Thanks much!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Island Gal
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marcie
Texas
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  3:44:21 PM  Show Profile
More beautiful postcards today!!! Thank you Debbie, Connie and Peggy. I'm really loving this swap!

http://www.flip-flopsandsandals.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page