Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic
Page: of 27

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  11:36:37 AM  Show Profile
Received Marcy and Robin's postcards yesterday. Marcy, loved
the "glamping" while camping photo looks like it was a lot of fun
and Marcy, your coastal area looks so inviting and a great view
of those mansions. Love this exchange and now I need to get busy
and mail out a few more today!

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  11:37:02 AM  Show Profile
Wow I got three postcards yesterday! Marcy, I have always wanted to visit Newport...what I would give to take that cliff walk and see those beautiful mansions by the ocean!

Laurie, your card is wonderful...you've got it all! Beaches, farms and glamping...lucky you!

And Birdie....I followed your glamping adventures on MJF... so much fun! You and your mom have glamping down! Glad you're still having pleasant weather!

Thanks everyone for sharing your piece of the world!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  1:52:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lynette...got your cool postcard and message today. Thanks so much!!!

Marlee...I got the re-sent Spooky Jailhouse postcard today too. Thanks so much.
Would you like me to send you a postage stamp? I soooo apprecieated getting
a new cleaner version. LOL I am thinking it might have been my post office that
messed it up...but not sure.

So Much Fun to go to the Mail-box these days!!!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  2:38:42 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy,
I don't think it was YOUR post office that messed Marlee's card up. It sounds like just about everyone'w were that way. I think it was the post office in Lafayette, LA who doubled up on the postmark, doing it on both sides. I know that's what happened to the one I got.

AND, you're moving again? My, my!!! Be sure you email me your new address when you get it.

Happy trails, farmgirl~
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  3:40:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls, need to catch up and let everyone know who I have gotten postcards from.
Birdie ~ Love the Glamping Post Card with the Aprons surrounding the cactus, neat effect. See you in 11 days, YAY!
Marcee ~ wow I could love to visit Ocean Drive, what a beautiful, unique place.
Marelee ~ Beautiful Building and what a fabulous history, I would not mind spending some time there, LOL!
Connie ~ One day I would love to visit you, TN and Graceland, I love Elvis, talk about my Idol.
Linda ~ Love your Cascade Mts. beautiful. I love Mts and never get tired of seeing any of the across the United STates.
Netty ~ Have always wanted to visit Nebraska as well, I love the windmill, maybe one day I will get there.
Margo ~ Love the Rustic Look, beautiful yet simple theme. Love the old Out Houses.
Elaine ~ Thank you so much for your post card, yes it is wonderful to put a name to a face. Very nice picture of you and your DH.
Thank you again everyone, looking forward to Monday's mail"-) I am working on mine now.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  5:11:39 PM  Show Profile
I got cards today from Birdie in Arizona and Netty in Nebraska.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  7:04:35 PM  Show Profile

Birdie,

I got your wonderful postcard today. I wish I had been a member to have seen where all you guys went and know what you did. I was trying to figure out what exactly I was looking at when I was looking at your postcard. I had finally decided that it was some cafe curtains or a fancy sheet, but then as I read the other posts I saw where it was aprons and that made more sense! I bet it was fun none the less. I visited Az. about 10 years ago. I just love it out there. Anyway ... great postcard!

Thanx,
Lainey Lou #3848

P.S. I didn't realize you were CJ's daughter, I bet you have a blast together!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  8:32:17 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Lainey,
Yup, Birdie is my daughter, my best friend and partner in crime! We have a TOTAL BLAST together! Her postcard is from our (just the two of us) "tent-glamping" trip in March of this year. If you haven't, you can read about it and see more pics, in the Outpost section, "Tent-Glamping" Photo Journal. The picture on her card is the view out of the "backdoor" of our canopy. The top is an apron and on the side is a ruffly curtain panel.
We used all kinds of fancy sheets, curtains, linens, aprons, table cloths, etc., etc. to "glamp" up our tent site. Total fun!

The card I sent you is from our Farmgirls on the Loose/Women of the Wild West Road trip last summer. Robin and I were gone for 3 weeks and our "finale" was to stay at MaryJanes Farm B&B. There were several farmgirls there and MaryJane, her daughter, Meg and other gals at the farm put on the nicest Tea Party for us. It was a total blast. And, Robin and I were SOOOOOO honored to be there. Wish it was closer so we could go back!

That's kinda the scoop!

We're just to embark on another adventure, which will include more "tent glamping" . . this time in Colorado in "my mountains".
CJ

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  8:37:14 PM  Show Profile
Well I received my "spooky jail" postcard that everyone has been talkin about from Marlene today. and it is indeed really neat! Mine is inked on the top fron too, but as one of our others sisters said, it just kind of makes it all that much spookier!
Thank you again Marlene!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  12:01:58 PM  Show Profile
I got Debbie's wonderful flag postcard yesterday. I LOVE IT...patriotic, 50 states...it's perfect!

Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  12:50:31 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn no don't send a stamp, am not worried about that. I am just glad everyone is recieveing their cards.This is the best card swap and I am having a blast. If anyone else has a card that got inked and want amiother please just let me know I have several left. Whoohoo or should I say BOO!!!!!!! Marlee.

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1793 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1793 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  12:55:27 PM  Show Profile
missed this exchange as I was busy getting ready for vacation. Enjoyed the other 2 trades. Have fun. it is really neat to receive cards from so many farmgirls. Look forward to the next trade.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  1:08:36 PM  Show Profile
Linda T. Thank You for the Postcard and the wonderful history of it. The Native American culture on the front of the building, it is beautiful.
Somewhere down on my dad's family i have a great great grandmother was Indian. When my dad was 6 or 7 yrs old my dad said upon top of Florence Hill you could see a teepee, from their house in the bottoms by a creek. This was 1917. So I am interested in the Indian culture. Sp I love the postcard Linda. Fun , Fun, Fun. Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  3:22:23 PM  Show Profile
debbie-blessed- that card from me was for the SW Henhouse swap- i haven't mailed my 50 states yet....something to look for!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  11:22:36 AM  Show Profile
I received two cards this weekend, I love them one from Robin, Ceejay's daughter with a cactus seen through the door of a beautifly decorated tent, I bet glamping is fun, I've never done that...I have never heard of it til now...
The other postcard was from Lynette in Nebraska, I love the pheasant and the sunflower just brightens up the picture on the postcard. Thanks Ladies.
darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  12:06:25 PM  Show Profile
Almost done girls! Had a little setback, but am almost finished writing out my postcards - should go out tomorrow! I LOVE all the cards I have received so far! I wish I could visit each and every one of you, but this is a really fun alternative! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  1:23:36 PM  Show Profile
Received my card from Netty in todays mail with a beautiful picture of the Nebraska Platte River, and Cranes.
Thanks so much Netty!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  1:29:51 PM  Show Profile
I got a beautiful postcard today from Debbie in Alaska. thanks!

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  3:24:58 PM  Show Profile
I got two cards today. Whoohoo! the first is from Netty. It is a Hoot to get all these cards.I love the picture of the Sandhill Cranes. I didnt know Nebraska had Cranes.But they are beautiful. Thank you Netty. Hootie Hoot!!!
The 2nd is A card from Debbie in Alaska, the picture is of the Northern Lights which is amazing. I love Alaska , never been there but I can hope. I love the picture it is so beautiful, I cant imagine what it would be like to see them for real.
Thanks sisters for the cards . I love them. Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Island Gal
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marcie
Texas
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  4:19:43 PM  Show Profile
This swap is so much fun! I got cards today from, Lanie Lou, Marcy, Birdie, Netty and Linda. They are all so pretty and make me want to see all the beautiful places you Farm Girls live.
I love them all!

http://www.flip-flopsandsandals.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  5:15:03 PM  Show Profile
Tammy I got the Beautiful LadyInRed postcard today!!!! I love it!!! Thanks so much!
To answer your questions: we are moving to an Apartment about two miles from the house.
Neither DH or I can keep up with this yard and the rent here is too much on our fixed
income. So, we start moving in about the 15th of July.
I am always reading good books! LOL Right now I am in a series called the Camel Club.
It is a Special Ops type read. Very riveting! And I am doing a blog read of a Fantasy Fiction
Youth Book review called "The Dragonspell". by Donita K. Paul It is the first in a series.
Then I am also reading a book called "Graywalker"...about a female Private Detective that dies but
is brought back to life...but now she see's things between life and death in the Gray areas of life. (a little bit dark fantasy). I love to read all kinds of books. A wide genre. How about you? Anything you think I would like?

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 11 2012 5:17:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  6:02:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey Marcie, I am going to be down in your part of the world for the rest of the week. Think I mentioned my folks are in Victoria so I am headed down there until saturday. Will spend Wednesday night and Thursday in Houston, but other than that should be around Victoria. Sometimes we head down to Rockport. Holler if you ever get around to those areas and maybe we could do a farmgirl meet and greet!

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  10:52:32 PM  Show Profile
I received a beautiful card today from Debbie Main in Alaska, I would love to see the Northern lights. I bought a DVD of then when I visited Anchorage. They are spectacular. I also got a card from Netty in Nebraska, the cranes are beautiful, thank you for sharing. Stay well ladies, love the cards.

With lots of hugs and smiles, have a great day.
" Your body knows how to heal itself; just give it the right tools."
Farmgirl#3864
Linda
www.gwynnsgifts.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  06:33:29 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
THANKS Lainey, Linda T. and Netty . . for the WONDERFUL Cards!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  09:05:59 AM  Show Profile
Thanx Netty,

I got your postcard yesterday afternoon. I've only ever seen one pheasant and that was in Iowa in my second cousins backyard. Beautiful birds. Thanx for the postcard.

Lainey Lou #3848

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page