Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 i got back from fabic shopping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic i got back from fabic shopping Next Topic  

cindi
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

cindi
sedalia mo
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  2:20:32 PM  Show Profile
Yep, i made it out of "fabric haven",it is going out of bussiness. I bought 3 fat quarters, 9 skiens of rayon floss,2 skiens verigated floss,1/2 yd of lace and a card of buttons for $8. I'm working on a round robin block for the "crazy quilt club" that i belong to. It was due today and i had a mental block. So i'm a month behind.
After DH picked me up we went and ate at Front Porch Resteraunt in Yellville,AR. In the 3 years we have been working on our farm this is the first time to eat there. We had catfish, baked beans, battered fries, hush puppys and sweet tea. It was soo good. I was full as tick and just wanted to go home and take a nape.
Oh, the theam of CQB i'm working on is "button, bows, and kiddoes". Theam fabric is brown lace on pale terquise. Definetly not my favorit colors. I'm hoping that the fabric from the shopping trip will "inspire" me.

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  7:51:50 PM  Show Profile
Cindi -- your finds sound wonderful. But the meal sounds even better!!! You just can't get good catfish in the Pacific NW. That's one of the first things I always have when I go home to IL!

Handmade purses and bath delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  10:23:39 PM  Show Profile
Cindi- What a great day! I haven't heard "full as a tick" in forever!! Great imagery there!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2006 :  10:45:21 PM  Show Profile
I just said that ..."full as a tick" I mean..this evening after a bowl of hot chocolate pudding!! That meal you had sounds wonderful! I havn't had good catfish in so long either!!!
Don't ya just love those fat quarters?? I just find them impossible to resist!! Sounds like you held back better than I would have been able to!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cindi
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

cindi
sedalia mo
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2006 :  06:05:27 AM  Show Profile
Yep its one of those day taht you want to treat like flower; press, dry, and save it in a scrapbook.
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2006 :  06:08:50 AM  Show Profile
I just love catfish....and fat quarters! Way to shop, Cindi! Susan
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic i got back from fabic shopping Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page