Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 RAOK: May 2012 - Post "SHARE & CARE" gifts rcvd.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RAOK: May 2012 - Post "SHARE & CARE" gifts rcvd. Next Topic
Page: of 9

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  2:25:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh Joan, now that I know you love primitive too....well watch out!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  3:05:23 PM  Show Profile
YAYAYAYAY!!!! to both of you Tammy and Debbie...you both are the cutest. That would have been so much fun to switch prims once a month. My dream lol.

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  6:37:09 PM  Show Profile
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, ThANK YOU , Sherry wow we wow, boy I got a RAOK Gift and LOVE IT. First a cute little card with a Lady Bug on it. A little Lady Bug to carry for a good luck and good fortune. And 4 bags of Lady Grey Tea wrapped with Ribbon, A because of you card that is so cute, and a Bag Mix of Raspberry Scones. You just add water. Whew I cant wait to Bake them. My sister is coming from Indiana for a week in a week and a Half. I will bake them then. If I fix them and she finds out that I didnt wait for her. In Lieu of candy send Flowers.LOL LOL. Thank you Sherry so much .Doing the Happy Dance. Whoohooo! Made My Day. Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  8:58:32 PM  Show Profile
Ceejay
sent me the most wonderful package
i can't thank you enough sweetie
you are a wonderful lady and a angel
maybe you read my mind
i so needed the gardening gloves
and the soap is heavenly along w/the teas
i have been wanting a journal for my garden
and i am always looking for a piece of paper
to write a note the the scarf is perfect
my favorite color PURPLE...lol
thank you my sweet sister
blessings deborah

Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings! ~Author Unknown

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  08:40:00 AM  Show Profile
Okay... First, I have to say that I absolutely LOVE and cherish each and every gift I have received from my dear farmgirl sisters. Gasps of joy and tears simply flowed when I opened each package, which were overflowing with farmgirl love, thoughtfulness, and the most meaningful gifts I have ever received! I can't even begin to describe how precious you all are to me, and to have such wonderful gifts from you all - my gosh, it's like each one of you are with me every day! Thank you! God bless you!

First, the other day I opened my mailbox to find these beautiful, precious gifts from Lesley:

I was absolutely blown away, Lesley! THANK YOU!! I cried when I read your note, Lesley! Girls, Lesley actually handmade this beautiful Rosary for me, and prayed the prayers as she strung each bead! SUCH a blessing!!! I will be praying with it quite often, dear sister - each time thinking of you and the love you put into creating it! Thank you!!! And Lesley also hand painted the beautiful watercolor of our Blessed Mother for Christmas a while back - and she has lovingly gifted this copy to me! I just can't believe it! You are very, very talented my dear friend! God bless you and thank you so much for all you have done for me! BIG hugs!

Then, a knock was at my door. The postman had a big package for me from our dear sister Marcy, a fellow Rhode Islander, who was also my Christmas stocking swap partner last year! I was SO surprised, Marcy! THANK YOU for thinking of me! Inside there was a beautiful knitted (crocheted?) square with a gorgeous butterfly on it! Marcy - I only wish I had half your talent - It's BEAUTIFUL, and I would love to make an entire afghan out of these butterflies! It's too pretty to be a washcloth - I would never use it for that, if that is its true purpose... I think it deserves to be framed and prominently placed where everyone can see! Just SO pretty! Thank you!!! Marcy also spoiled me rotten with a whole bunch of really neat papercrafting supplies - papers (I love the SWEETS collection!), embellishments, butterfly stickers... Love them! But my absolute favorite of them all are the COWGIRL stickers, girlfriend! I have never seen anything like them around here before - they are awesome!!! THANK YOU!!! God bless you for your thoughtfulness! My creative wheels are already turning. As soon as things settle down around here, I'm going to be crafting to my heart's content! Thank you!!!

Now... as promised... More PICTURES! YAY!

The first RAOK gift I received was from our dear sister Nancy, who absolutely blew me away with her thoughtfulness in sending all of these wonderful Mary Engelbriet paper dolls and pictures:

Nancy, I felt like a little girl, giddy with glee just squealing with delight as I opened every piece! The paper dolls are definitely going to be framed and placed on my office wall where they will brighten my day as I think of you whenever I look up at them! :) And the print you sent will be framed as well and placed in my entry way by the reading chair... That is one of my favorite sayings - I couldn't believe you sent it to me! "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson. I just love, love, love it! And all in fall colors, too - my absolute favorite!!! God bless you and thank you! I just love being surrounded by warm thoughts of you, dear sister!

Next came this heart-moving gift box from Debbie... Debbie, I sent you a thank you email with all of my heartfelt thoughts and sentiments about you and what your gift means to me... I hope you received it. I was just so moved by your beautiful letter and all these precious, precious gifts you sent to me. I cannot thank you enough. Here are pictures, girls:

I have to say, Debbie, I'm not sure whether you had prayed about these gifts before sending them, but I was just absolutely blown away! Girls, the beautiful lace piece accented with gold is a mantilla - a prayer shawl worn by some women in the Catholic Church when they attend Mass. I absolutely LOVE it! What had surprised me so much when it arrived was that a girlfriend and I had just been discussing them and I had said how much I would love to have such a beautiful piece - lo and behold, Debbie provided! And then the Saint Book... Oh my, Debbie - you'll never know how much I love it! It is chock full of information about all the saints, their thoughts and how they used their lives - and deaths - to glorify God. The best part is that it actually includes my patroness - Saint Dorothy! She is not often found in the more modern books of the Saints! This is a true treasure to me, indeed! And the Rosary - oh my gosh, Debbie! I love it! I have never seen one that includes the actual names of each Mystery on the Mystery beads - SO precious to me. I believe I actually prayed with it the first day it arrived! And the Crucifix you sent reminds me of the Crucifixes that used to be above each door in family member's homes when I was little - a practice rarely seen today - as well as in the local Catholic Hospital that recently closed down. Thank you. It is not only beautiful, but extremely meaningful to me as well. And girls, you won't believe it, but this issue of A Simple Life magazine Debbie sent actually features Old Bedford Village - a living history museum that is not too far from here; one that we absolutely love to visit! As a matter of fact, last summer my foster daughter and I kicked off the season by taking the kids there - we made punched tin figures, ate in an old-old-fashioned tavern, got to pet the animals, visted an old time jail (the kids loved being shackled, and locked in!), and were able to see artisans like the blacksmith, the broom-maker and the potter working their crafts. It was awesome! So when I received this magazine, I just couldn't believe my eyes! SUCH a wonderful keepsake and treasure! Thank you SO much, Debbie! God bless you!!!

And, last, but most definitely not least... One day, out of the blue, I received this awesome package, hand decorated with big, beautiful flowers, (ones much like those I doodle all the time!), marked "Farmgirl Mail." No return address, no card inside, just this beautiful altered prayer card of the Virgin Mother and Holy Child, with the prayer, "The Memorare of St. Bernard" on the back. It is just so beautiful - ethereal, if you will. The pictures just don't do it justice:

You may see the beautiful pink glitter, lace and gems, but what you may not see very clearly is that the image itself is covered with a clear superfine glitter as well, so when it hits the light, it's as if the picture is alive and glowing. Very, very beautiful! I was just so moved by the gift, and it hangs from the post at the head of my bed watching over me with my rosaries. I just love it! But I was wracking my brains to figure out who sent it!? Who was this thoughtful, kind and wonderfully talented farmgirl sister who, as the tag attached says, was "thinking of me?" I posted online to find out, but nobody responded. And then it occurred to me - there was a postmark! I wasn't able to figure out the mystery right away, but I did recognize the zip code. After days of trying to remember, it finally dawned on me! MADDIE! This was Maddie's lovely handiwork and thoughtfulness! How could I not have realized! I emailed her right away, and sure 'nuff, it was her. She was trying to stay mysterious and anonymous, but I blew her cover! LOL! Thank you SO much, Maddie, for your lovingkindess and for sharing your artistic creativity in such a meaningful way! God bless you! It came at a time when I needed it most - SUCH a blessing!

Girls, I have to tell you, these past few months have been incredibly stressful and full of surprises and setbacks. I just want to let you all know that your RAOKs have meant the world to me, each coming when I was feeling pretty down, each lifting my spirits to the highest heights, and now each reminding me how much my wonderful farmgirl sisters love me. Thank you SO much, from the depths of my heart. You are all in my prayers - ALL of you. I just love you all so much!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  08:41:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh, crud... Not one picture posted! ARGH! I've never had a problem like this... I even resized them according to MJF specs, like I always do! ACK!!!! Let me see if I can do something to re-post them somehow! You all have to see these RAOK gifts - our sisters are just beyond words!!! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  08:49:27 AM  Show Profile
Okay... double crud... I've tried everything I can think of in my photo program to adjust them for posting... Anyone have any suggestions? I've not had this happen before! Girls - please forgive me! This is totally a bummer! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  09:10:13 AM  Show Profile
Nini you make me want to cry cause you sound soooo excited and happy....GOOD FOR YOU.... enjoy it all!

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  10:17:37 AM  Show Profile
Joan - I knooooooow! I have all these great pictures and I even tried restarting my computer to see if that would work - nope!!! I'm so sad!!! But I really am relishing all my treasures! Hopefully my son will figure it out for me when he gets home... We'll see!!! I hope!!! :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  6:53:34 PM  Show Profile
Holy smokes! I said I like scraps of lace and boy did I get scraps of lace!! A big zip lock bag full of them from CJ!! She also sent some stickers and cards I can use in my scrapbooking! I took a picture to post, but when I went to save it, the program I normally use was missing??? I have no idea what happened! It's just not there! My brother is coming over tomorrow so I will see if he can figure it out. Don't know what I'm going to do when that boy goes back out to Oregon this weekend! He's my IT guy!

Anyway, thank you soooo much, CJ!! I can't wait to use them! Will post pictures when I get this figured out!

PS.......I had to giggle when I saw that I had a package from you.....you'll see why!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  7:30:02 PM  Show Profile
I am doing the RAOK Happy Dance, and I have Wendy(musicmommy) to say THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU for it. She sent me some cute green Plastic ice cream spoons and some cute ice cream cups pink and green and the word Yummy on the side. Wendy was going to send me some local ice cream but didnt think it would make it here.LOLOLOOLOLO! They are just so cute and Wendy thank you soooooo much. It just made my Day. There is nothing like getting home and finding a packages, cards, or what ever it happens to be from the farmgirl sisters. I appreciate you'all so much Wooohooo!
Wendy come and eat some ice with me on the porch. Thank you for the sweet card. Hugs and Blessings Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  9:13:44 PM  Show Profile
YES! I figured it out! I had apostrophes in the names I saved the photos under when resizing! Took them out and PRESTO! The pictures download just fine! PHEW! Only problem is I couldn't put them back in the body of the previous post... sorry! But here goes:

Lesley's inspirational handiwork:

Marcy's awesome gifts of creativity:

Mary Engelbreit treasures from Nancy (I'm a little girl again - I just want to play with them!!!):

Precious gifts from Debbie:

Maddie's beautiful altered prayer card:

I am a very, very blessed and happy girl indeed! Thanks again girls!!! Love you!!! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  08:00:33 AM  Show Profile
I got a RAOK and it was a while ago. I kept thinking I'll post as soon as I can take pictures, but my camera is down for the count right now so hopefully that will be up and running soon.

Thank you so much to Emily for the sheet music. I actually love antique music like that. If it isn't stuff I'll play regularly, I'll use it for some wall hangings I make. Honestly, though, the ones you got in are perfect for me. I've played/sang through all of them and I'm working on rewriting the accompaniment to a couple. Such fun!

Thanks!

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  5:46:04 PM  Show Profile
Wendy,

I'm so glad you liked them. I was a little worried because I wasn't sure what type of music you like. I just thought the covers were neat....especially the one of the woman's face. I wish I could hear you play so I know what they sound like! I think it's pretty impressive that you can rewriting the accompaniments!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  07:59:05 AM  Show Profile
I wanted to share with all of you what Maddie made me for my birthday a beautiful RAOK surprise. Maddie is a lovely lady and we became friends through my 4th of July Swap.
Maddie made this sweet clown and I love it! The little clown is so Whimsical. Thank you Maddie for thinking of me.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  08:03:18 AM  Show Profile
Also thank you so much Nancy (annielaurel) for the beautiful birthday card, tea and bookmarks. It was another lovely surprise I was not expecting, I love farmgirl mail, especially surprises.
Thank you again for thinking of me.
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  11:28:06 AM  Show Profile
Marlee! Thank you so much for the neat package you sent! I apologize for the delay in posting - dealing with a very hectic situation here and have had little time to myself. I also really wanted to be able to take and post pics with my thanks!!!

You really made my day! I absolutely LOVE the magazine! I had just found it in the grocery store last month and wanted to start collecting back issues - it's chock full of great information and articles! AWESOME!!! Thank you also for the BEAUTIFUL ATC you sent - love love love it! - and the stickers and the post-its! What a wonderful surprise to receive! You are just the best! Thank you SO much!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  5:16:39 PM  Show Profile
Nini, glad you liked everything, and the Magazine I just love it so thought you would too. So enjoy. Hugs Marlee

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  2:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Dear Emily Heussner,
I hope you can try to imagine my PURE DELIGHT and laughter when I opened the package from you. There was this fun, adorable card you made with a picture of MY "SKYE" wearing her crown! What a wonderful surprise.
And THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the coffee, ribbon, buttons, mice and angel beads. What a WONDERFUL GIFT and WONDERFUL SURPRISE!!!!
THANK YOU!
CJ

"the QUEEN - - "Skye"

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  07:46:10 AM  Show Profile
CJ,

You are more than welcome! I thought Skye was just too darn cute not to have a card made of her! Plus I was just so happy when I read that she made her way home!

I have been enjoying all of the pictures from your trip! Looks like you and Robin have been having a blast! Fun, fun! And what a great thing for a mother and daughter to be able to do together!

Emily

PS.....I hope you are sharing those mice with Skye! ;)
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  09:56:14 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much to all my RAOK Sisters for all the birthday wishes and gifts, each and everyone of you are so special to me too. All of you made me feel so special, I appreciate all of you.
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  07:31:47 AM  Show Profile
Tammy C, thank you so much for thinking about me! Actually this past week was very stressful and felt down a bit. But receiving your RAOKS package last night felt so good. I truly appreciate your kindness.

I love everything you sent...I love primitive decorating. Also the first thing I did late last night when I opened your package, was sticking a lollipop in my mouth. LOL, my husband said that kept me quiet for a while and I should do that more often lol.

Hugs

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  4:25:31 PM  Show Profile
Tammy,

Thank you so much for all of the beautiful paper! So many sweet floral prints! I also love the tags (especially the owl!) and the post cards! I can't wait to start using some of the papers in my crafts! (Ugh! It won't let me upload pictures for some reason. This is the 3rd time I've tried. Oh well....will post this anyway and try to get the pictures up later.)

.......I didn't get yours in the mail yet. I'm making something for you so I wanted to send it all together. Sorry. I'm so s..l..o..w!! I can't remember when you said you were going to Oregon. Is it ok to send anytime? Wasn't sure if you have your mail stopped or if someone picks it up for you. Enjoy your trip! I looooove Oregon! It's beautiful. Are you driving?

Thanks again!!!! I couldn't believe the huge envelope when I went out to check the mail! lol!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  1:09:39 PM  Show Profile
Tammy! Thank you so much for the wonderful RAOK! What a great day to find a surprise in the mail - I've been sick for the last two days. :( I really appreciate you thinking of me...the surprises were perfect!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com

www.amydingmann.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  06:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hi RAOK-ers,
Sounds like there is some wonderful caring and sharing going on!
Thanks for all you're doing!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RAOK: May 2012 - Post "SHARE & CARE" gifts rcvd. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page