Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 RAOK: May 2012 - Post "SHARE & CARE" gifts rcvd.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RAOK: May 2012 - Post "SHARE & CARE" gifts rcvd. Next Topic
Page: of 9

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  8:20:07 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Marlene, glad you received it.

With lots of hugs and smiles, have a great day.
" Your body knows how to heal itself; just give it the right tools."
Farmgirl#3864
Linda
www.gwynnsgifts.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  03:22:13 AM  Show Profile
WOW! i'm not even on the RAOK list anymore..imagine my total surprise yesterday! came home from work to "a box" (said sweetie)...i had gotten a plant in one from my son a few years' back so i quickly opened it and pulled out a wonderful flowering plant with a ladybug plant holder and read the card--what a surprise to get it from debbie blessed in colorado!!!!
debbie your kindness is just -wow- i don't have words for how special you have made me feel throughout this mother's day plant thing! (granddaughter's plant was stolen from my pation and recovered shattered in the yard of the apt complex; debbie sent seeds and a sweet card now this plant!!!!)....

i just have to say thank you and that i am the one who is blessed...in ohio!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  05:54:06 AM  Show Profile
Margo, I am so happy your Lady Bug Plant arrived and it put a smile on your face.
You are very special.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  7:41:23 PM  Show Profile
Miss Tammy,

Received your package today and am so overwhelmed by the kindnesses shown to me by all of you Farmgirls. Thank you so very much. The seeds I have received I do believe will go into a memory garden for Joseph. I cannot believe how much I miss him. He was my only son and youngest child and the most difficult to raise. When his father died, he just did a total 180 and became my worst nightmare for several years. Since he got married and was on his own, we had been getting along wonderfully although he did have some odd quirks that set Mom off from time to time. The last time I saw him was on Mother's Day. We talked and he gave me a big hug. That was the last time we talked or saw each other. There have been some disturbing reports as to what happened and it will be several months before the ME will have an actual cause of death. My heart hurts and although I know we will get through this and eventually be okay, we will never be normal again.

I have also received cards from Debbie (Blessed in Colorado), CJ (ceejay48), and Linda Gwynn.

Once again, thank you all so very much. Even my girls (one came in from Georgia and the other all the way from Germany) are even thankful and grateful that you have remembered us.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  8:29:21 PM  Show Profile
Kay, I am so glad you received your package. Hopefully, it brightened your day just a tiny bit. My son is 25 years old, and I cannot even begin to imagine the pain you are going through. My heart just breaks for you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Wishing you peace in your heart, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  6:49:44 PM  Show Profile
I am such a lucky and blessed person to have such a circle of friends/farmgirl sisters. I don't think I've been able to meet any of you and yet your kindness and compassion at this time is overwhelming.

I came in this afternoon from being out with my granddaughters and there were 2 gifts.

Joan (Simple Living) sent me the most beautiful gardenia plant. It came with a care book and I will be excited to see it bloom.

Emily Anna sent me a wonderful Willow Tree Angel. I am in the process of setting up a display case for some of my other collectibles and this will definitely hold a place honor.

I feel so humble and blessed to be surrounded by all of you at this time. Hopefully in the future I will be able to personally meet and thank all of you with a big ol' hug.

Thank you.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  09:50:53 AM  Show Profile

A really cute Button braclet from Sherry Sweettea59. She said she used some buttons that were her Grandma's. Thank you so much Sherry!!

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  8:48:39 PM  Show Profile

I received THE most wonderful RAOK today from the lovely Emily Anna. Thank you soooo much Emily. I was so excited to open your package because I knew whatever was inside would be wonderful and it was!!! A great vintage mason jar chock full of adorable goodies to use in my crafting. All of them to die for! Did you make the clothespins Emily....they are too cute and so shabby chic...the fruit and leave charms...wow...everything was so me! Here is a photo of my jar full of the goodies. I'm trying to make my photo of the goodies smaller so I can post it too.

Thank you thank you Emily...what a fabulous surprise!

Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  8:54:54 PM  Show Profile

Here are all my treasures from Emily spread out so I can admire them...oh and I forgot to mention the darling handmade tags!!!!

Edited by - tammyc on Jun 02 2012 8:56:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  12:18:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi Tammy! I am so glad it made it safely! After I sent it, I started worrying that the box I sent it in may have been too small and the jar would be smashed to smithereens by the time it got to you! I didn't make the clothes pins. I got those at Michaels Craft Store. They are not that sturdy, but I love the cute little flower prints on them. I bought a handful of them and I use a couple usually just to clip little notes to myself. I hope you don't mind the hodge podge of stuff. I love buying packs of things and then splitting them up to give a person variety.

I was going to ask you.....see the paper I used for the heart that is attached to the jar? That is actually a muffin liner that I also got at Michaels. Wish I would have gotten more, but only bought one pack. Now they have rotated stock and I can no longer buy them. Anywho, I love, love, love the print on them....the blue with the roses. I've been trying to find regular sized scrap book paper and material with prints that are similar. I've found some, but not as much as I would like. Do you know what that style is called or specific era it is from so that I could do a more exact search?

I have the tags you made me displayed by my craft table for inspiration! Now I'm hooked on tags. First you get me hooked on vintage post cards.....now tags. What next, Tammy? ;)
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  12:32:17 AM  Show Profile
Kay, I was so saddened to read your post to Tammy on the 31st. You and your family have been in my thoughts. It sounds like you are surrounded by loved ones (daughers from Georgia and Germany, and spending time with granddaughter) It doesn't make the pain go away, but it does help one to get through it. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

Farmgirl hugs to you and yours.

Emily
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  9:34:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh my Emily....now you will have me on the hunt though my craft room. I cannot believe that paper is a muffin liner! If I ever see them, I will pick some up for you. What a clever idea!

I KNOW I have tons of paper that is very similar to that, if not identical. If you saw my room you would know that I have enough paper to stock a store ;) I would call that paper style shabby chic/English garden. I just found a paper pad that I bought some time ago, and it has some very similar papers in it. It is called English Garden by Making Memories. I also have a pad by K & Company called Bloomscape that has a lot of pretty shabby chic florals in it. I am going to send you a goodie bag of papers I think you would like if that's ok. Are you on Pinterest? They have a lot of great links there as well. Look up Pretty Little Studio and Vintage Street Market. They both are great websites that sell really cool scrapbooking products you can't buy in stores. You would probably also like Graphic 45 and October Afternoon...two of my favorite paper lines.

By the way, I LOVE getting the hodge podge jars. Ask my farmgirl sisters Debbie and Connie!!!! They are like little treasure chests to open. And, you just decorate everything so adorably.

Ok tags, postcards....I think you need to try ATC's!

Hugs, Tammy

Edited by - tammyc on Jun 03 2012 9:38:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  08:50:33 AM  Show Profile

A nice gift today from Cee Jay. As you can see a cute little wall hanging, a nice bar of soap, smells really good. note cards, and four post cards. See the Mary Jane one? And the one below that is what cee jay sees out her window. Beautiful. Thank you so much Cee Jay. Sonething special in the mail sure does make a person feel good.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  5:46:50 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Debbie Fischer for the sweet little kitty heart shaped ornament. Sooooooo thoughtful of you and especially in light of the fact that my kitty came home safe and sound!
SWEET!
THANK YOU!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  8:37:51 PM  Show Profile
I got a wonderful RAOK package today from CJ, our Mother Hen! Thank you sooo much CJ...I just love getting farmgirl packages and mail. Your note was so sweet. I love the notecards and postcards. I have never used so many notecards since becoming a farmgirl, so I need all I can get! I love the postcard of "your" mountains. What a beautiful view you have! The berries in snow postcard is beautiful and the vintage postcards from the Colorado museums are so cool! Of course the little raccoon and kitty cards are adorable. I love postcards!!!!! Thank you so much for thinking of me :)

Many Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  1:47:15 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I can just imagine what your paper stock looks like! lol! I looked up the papers you suggested. English garden has some really pretty papers. I want to say I saw that at one of my craft stores one time, but for some reason it didn't jump out at me at that time. Now I could kick myself!!! I absolutely love the Bloomscape!! Definitely going to be ordering that one!

Thank you so much for all of the fabulous suggestions!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  8:58:10 PM  Show Profile
Emily, I am getting a paper package together for you...it might take me a week or so since my youngest daughter is graduating from 8th grade next Wed. and we have all the parties, etc. Wow, when I graduated from the 8th grade it was nothing...just "good luck in high school"...ha.

I'm glad you could find the papers to look at them, and I knew you would like Bloomscape!

Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2012 :  11:10:17 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, you are toooo kind! I didn't mean for you to do that! I just knew that you would have some great suggestions on how to find the paper I am looking for! I should have known you'd do this though....you have a very generous heart! What if we do a little paper swap? I don't have a paper store, but I'm sure I could find some patterns that you'd like! lol! I'm going to work on that this afternoon! It'll be fun!

So how does it feel for your baby to be entering high school? (Is she your baby? I just realized that you could have a younger son) How many children do you have? We didn't have any type of 8th grade graduation either. There was a party celebrating my moving on to high school but that was just for the teachers and it was the day after my last day as an 8th grader. Huh.....that's weird.......Hey! Wait a minute!! ;)
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1236 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1236 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2012 :  12:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marcy, What a wonderful surprise I received this week. Thank you so much for all my goodies. I love the pattern can't wait to get it out and see what I can make. Love the Magazine has some really good ideas. And the note holder that you made, I'm guess is so pretty and the dish cloth. The handmade bamboo notebook and the buttons, Thank you so much for everything. It will all be put to good use.

Hugs and Springtime Wishes
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant."
Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2012 :  1:15:33 PM  Show Profile

Emily, I am happy to do it....I know you didn't mean for me to, but I want to!!! Like you, I think it will be fun....I've already got a little stash I'm putting together! I love to find things I think people will like. A paper swap would be great...you always find such lovely things for my crafting!

Yes, Shea is my youngest..entering high school! My baby...I just keep thinking where did the time go? I have two children, Shea who is 14 and my son Alex who is 25....I know, big age difference! At least I have had one already go through high school, so in that way I am prepared :) I have never asked...do you have any children? I'll bet our teachers are having a party after schools out too...LOL. Only 3 more days!!!!

Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  8:52:13 PM  Show Profile

I can't believe it....this must be my lucky day! Lovely Joan sent me a RAOK which I received today. In it was the sweetest package of shabby chic goodies (how did you know Joan??). There were notecards, darling shabby chic clothespins, a little photo album for photos of my friends :) and a matching pen! Joan that was such a happy surprise! I love it! You are the best and you made my day!!!

Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  07:41:30 AM  Show Profile
I am so happy Tammy you like the little treasures I sent you....enjoy and have fun!

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  1:25:33 PM  Show Profile
Tammy C. Thank you so much for the gifts of the little prim handled box (Joan you would love this one), the sea glass and the sweet little pin cushions. Now Tammy would probably say they were not a RAOK, they are just because she wanted to send them to me. But any gift I get from a farmgirl and especially a surprise gift is a RAOK no matter what anyone says. I appreciate each and every gift I get, I just love farmgirl mail! Thank you Tammy.
Will post a picture in a bit as I know Joan will want to see the little prim box"-)
Waiting patiently for the arrival of my special farmgirl friends CJ and daughter Birdie, I am so excited. They should be here about 5ish tomorrow, gosh I do not believe I will get any sleep. Safe trip my friends I will say prayers.

Hugs to all,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  1:32:45 PM  Show Profile
LOL, you are so right Debbie...I would love to see it. It's a good thing you don't live near me or I would take it away from you haha, only fooling.

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  2:12:32 PM  Show Profile
See how you are? You are so funny Joan, if you lived closer I would share it with you. 1 month at your house 1 month at mine, now that would be fun. We would have to return it to one another at the end of our month filled with a different little treasure each time. Ummmm!
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RAOK: May 2012 - Post "SHARE & CARE" gifts rcvd. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page