msspicer
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

marji
coleman mi
USA
14 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  12:54:05 PM  Show Profile
Wow can't believe it's been so long since I joined/posted. I'm in the process of getting my first hive. Are there any beekeepers out there? Also any quilters?...maybe in my area (central MI) I've made simple blue jean ones but that's about it. I'd like to get a group of quilters together...maybe meet once a month. I love the movie.. How to Make an American Quilt. I've always that was really neat how they get together like that. Thanks for any help/advice!!

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  7:44:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marji - I just got my first beehive and bees 10 days ago. It is a top bar hive and the bees seem to be doing okay so far. I'm excited to try this new adventure! Quilting is another hobby of mine, but alas, we are miles apart! Good luck with your beekeeping and the quilting group.

Vicki
Farmgirl Sister #120
Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you are not willing to move your feet.
Go to Top of Page

bananachicken
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Ginny
Ohio
USA
67 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  8:03:57 PM  Show Profile
We just got our first beehive a few weeks ago too!! I am really excited about it...it is like a big science project. I can't wait to harvest honey for the first time! My husband is the official beekeeper, but I am learning as I go! Good luck!

"I should be having tea right now."
-Lady Annalía Elisabet Catherina Tristán Llorente
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Bees/Quilts Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page