Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 $27,000 in dental work.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic $27,000 in dental work. Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  05:31:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Deb- I like that idea but I don't know any of the local dentist that well. We can always ask-but I have a feeling they will turn us down. And no- Doug is spectacularly unhandy. If anything gets fixed around the house it's because I did it! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  05:43:56 AM  Show Profile
Alee - will certainly be praying for you in this situation.

Let me share the value of a second opinion with you. About 5 years ago, I had a dentist tell me all my fillings needed to be replaced because they were over 10 years old. Because they are "2nd time around" fillings, and because they are big and deep in the back, he insisted they need to be crowned. While he was doing the crown, I had a panic attack in the chair. It's a long story, but he referred me to a dentist who does sedated dentistry. Guess what that dentist told me? The problem I had with my ONE filling was just a small chip in the corner of the molar. He filed it down for free. Five years later, I have a new dentist (guess who!), and no new crowns or fillings. Oh, and by the way, Dentist #1 put the crown on the wrong tooth. Yeah.

This is the same dentist who decided my son needed 6 fillings as soon as we had dental insurance, even though 6 months earlier his teeth were perfect.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a second opinion, and I'm with the other girls - get thee to a dental school! For the kind of money you are looking at, it would be worth the drive if there isn't one in Billings.

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 teenagers, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

Check out my blog: http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com
and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker), Twitter (@sphomemaker), and Pinterest (Suburban Prairie Homemaker)

Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  07:03:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Alee,
Try calling your Public Health and Services Dept in Billings to see if they offer any assistance or know of a dentist who helps in extreme cases. (I think that is where you live)if not whatever city you are in. Many DDS volunteer their time and work in extreme cases. I only think of it, because I had an acquaintance whose first few years as a dentist was working on patients through a program in the county. They may be able to direct you to someone. If it were me I would go with dentures. Implants etc need a healthy jaw bone. Crowns and bridges take away most of the other teeth material in order to anchor them and last maybe 15 years at best, so they would have to be replaced eventually again. If any gum disorders they will have to be treated also. There are new types of dentures now. Good luck. I will try to see if I can contact my old acquaintance to learn of the program she was participating in when she was in Virginia. Your area may have a similar option. I'll post if I find more info.
Best to you and your husband.
Annie
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  2:23:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Alee, Sorry you guys are going through this. All at once my teeth are going crazee too! I just had one pulled 2 weeks ago and now another one has broken and will need to be pulled. My dentist said I needed 5K worth of work done! GULP!! He suggested I get "Care Credit", a credit card that is good for all sorts of stuff, even the vet! So, I'll get a couple of procedures done, pay that off and do some more. This will take more time, but at least I'm not racking up a huge bill!
Hope this helps, Sweetie! I'm thinking about ya!
Love and hugs, Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
http://luzy.etsy.com- My etsy store!
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  9:54:22 PM  Show Profile
I was told years ago that so many of my teeth need crowns and I should cap the front ones. Unfortunately I am unemployed right now and am on the state insurance. Suprise! They paid the whole bill for the 8 crowns I needed and the one tooth that needed to be extracted. My suggestion to you is to ask as your church if they know of a dentist that may be able to help, maybe he can do it for cost since you are from the same church or he may help you find your way around the university programs.

God bless,

Judy
Farmgirl #3666

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic $27,000 in dental work. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page