Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Mother's Day Give-away! The Winner is....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Mother's Day Give-away! The Winner is.... Next Topic  

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2317 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2317 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  10:51:19 AM  Show Profile
I have decided to fill a large flat rate box with craft supplies and do a Mother's Day Give-away. This box is stuffed full with just about every possible craft supply imaginable. Since I have 2 granddaughters that will draw the winner out of the cookie jar, I am also giving away a copy of Mary Janes Out Post to a second winner. That way there won't be any tears or fighting! The drawing will be May 6th.

Please post your favorite Mother's Day memory here and Good Luck!

Well the girls just finished pulling the names out of grandma's cookie jar and the winner of the craft box is Nana Shirl! The winner of the winner of Mary Janes Out Post is Country Treasure. Congratulations ladies and thank all of you for sharing your beautiful Mothers Day Memories. May each of you have a wonderful Mothers Day spending it with those you love and who love you!

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado

Edited by - treelady on May 06 2012 6:06:51 PM

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  06:08:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I love this post. My best Mother's Day memory is when my daughter was a year old, and my mother flew up to visit. I don't get to see my parents as often as I'd like. We got dressed up and my DH treated all his "girls" to a nice lunch. Three generations! My daughter was such a sweet little baby, and we were all so happy that day.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  3:21:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julie!
Thanks for a fun memory lane
I thinks it's the different stages that the girls have gone through; burnt breakfasts, macaroni necklaces, pictures with huge heads & stick legs, spending their own hard earned baby sitting money for a gift, cleaning my car(but I can't really remember driving it after the cleaning job LOL) to now the phone calls from "some where" in the world where ever they may be on the day!!! ALWAYS a few, okay a lot of tears at the end of the call but the best feeling that we're still so close!
Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  8:03:58 PM  Show Profile
Hey Julie,
You are so sweet to have this 'giveaway'... how cool!
I am for ever carrying around a 'zip lock' type baggie filled with a needle project or yoyos etc...

Since my mother is from Germany, for the longest time she could not understand the concept of 'Mothers Day' until I gave birth to my daughter...and then something just clicked,,,and she loved being a Grammy so she was a late bloomer... now she sends me the silliest 'Mothers Day' cards and I equally look for the goofy ones for her!
I love crafting... it keeps me sane! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  07:02:41 AM  Show Profile
My favorite mother's day was when my DD and her family went with me to visit my mother at a nursing home. We all gathered around and had a cake made with donuts. We took pictures and the grandgirls braided my mom's hair. It was the last time that we all got together before my mom died. We had the most fun day. I rememeber that my middle GD kept asking my mother questions. My mother said, "Kari, let me see inside your mouth. There sure are a lot of questions in there,"

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #230l

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  07:50:55 AM  Show Profile
Annielaurel, I just had to comment. I rarely cry. Your mother's comment about questions brought tears to my eyes just now. How sweet.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  08:22:51 AM  Show Profile
What a nice giveaway. A surprise box! I would love to enter. Thank you.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  08:22:53 AM  Show Profile
My favorite Mother's Day memory was spending the first Mother's Day after my Mom passed away at her grave building a cute fence around her. The whole family came and we made a day of honoring her through service. We also did maintenance projects on the rest of graveyard. It was very special and let us celebrate her life instead of grieve it.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog - www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Etsy Store - www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2317 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2317 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  09:31:10 AM  Show Profile
What beautiful memories ladies!

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  7:05:47 PM  Show Profile
My favorite mother's day was when I met my birth mom. It wasn't until I was 56, but that was so special and we had a hoot. We went to Sioux Fall, S.D. and she showed me some of her paintings (she was an artist), we walked through the historic district, laughed about our children (hers were my siblings) and crashed a wedding. It was one of the best memories of my life. I finally met everyone else and we had a great relationship. Unfortunately she died last Christmas.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Trisha
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Trisha
Topeka Kansas
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  06:19:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Trisha an AOL message
It's kind of hard to choose! -but one of my most cherished memories is of my first Mother's day as a mother - my son was born April 20th and that Mother's Day my DH made me a card and had him "sign" it with his little finger print <3

Trisha

Sisterhood Member#3993
http://wordsforuandme.wordpress.com/

http://fiercefaery.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  2:29:00 PM  Show Profile
Julie, I would love to be included into the drawing. My favorite mothersday was a breakfast my gradaughter and daughter gave for me with other mothers from their church. The dad's cooked for all of us. Got you onl the fights as both my grandaughters are like that!
Go to Top of Page

lwm
True Blue Farmgirl

123 Posts

Loralie
Duncan AZ
USA
123 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  7:40:36 PM  Show Profile
One of my favorite Mother's Day memories is the card my older son gave me. He told me I was the best mom he's ever had.
And he was an adult when he sent it. :-)
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  6:49:23 PM  Show Profile
When my childern pick flowers and maked a homemade gift. MY son made me a braclet out of paper machie and painted turtles on it. I still have it. I wear it every mothers day. He is 29 year old and he made this when he was around 7. My daughter got me this heart necklace that came out of the 25 cent toy machines. Love it..also wear it of and on. Just don't want to loose this. What great memories...
Thanks for the chance for the give away..
Deb

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  7:18:26 PM  Show Profile
Well I love mothers day and the time I spend with my kids, but the day BEFORE mother's day has traditionally been the day I spend with my mom and my grandma, for many many years. We have always done a whole day of city wide garage saling and we have SUCH a good time, laughing and just being together...sometimes finding good deals, sometimes not buying a thing. But we walk the same neighborhood every year and do as many of the 300 or more garage sales as we can. But this year will be different, because we've moved farther away from that neighborhood, and with all the animals to feed and the bottle babies, I just don't see us pulling those sun up to sun down getaways anymore. Besides, my grandma confessed this year she just doesn't think she can walk that far anymore and she'd be more comfortable doing something else. So we will figure out some way to celebrate together...but part of me is longing for what used to be. Just think, our tradition of the all day garage saling - is now a memory!

Thanks for the chance at the give away. It has been SO fun to read everyone else's memories!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  5:09:00 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Judith. I still miss my mama. She was such a light in my life.

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #2301
Go to Top of Page

LeeW
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Isleta
Raymore MO
USA
61 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  6:03:04 PM  Show Profile
Homemade cards with kleenex flowers attached with pipe cleaner stems. Thank you, and Happy Mother's Day!

"Life is too important to be taken seriously." -Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  10:26:59 AM  Show Profile
I think the best Mother's Days were when my kids were little, handpicked flowers and homemade gifts from little hearts. I just remember those fondly, funny but I still have some of the gifts they made. They are very special to me.
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  10:47:40 AM  Show Profile
I still have the little cards my kids made me when they were just learning to draw & write!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/VINTAGEKARLACREATES?ref=pr_shop_more

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  08:51:02 AM  Show Profile
Wow! What a way to start the week. I'm floored, never have won a thing. I'm excited to see MJ Outpost book!
It was really fun to read all the "Mom" memories!
Hugs Julie!!!
Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Mother's Day Give-away! The Winner is.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page