GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  11:45:51 AM  Show Profile
Five or six years ago, I learned that I am not a wimp about "girl pain"; I double over every month because I have endo. Lucky me.

Not one thing has worked. For years, I have followed a strict regimen of painkillers and heat.

Yesterday, guess what showed up? Ugh. Then, Ric came home. Seems he bought me a remedy with primrose, dong quai, ginger, borage, chaste berry, vitamin A--heck, I know I am forgetting things, but it was all herbal from the organic company where we get our vitamins. I figured it was worth a shot.

You won't believe it. Ten minutes, the pain was gone. So, I wondered if any of you gals had used herbal remedies for female problems, and did you find any in particular effective? I am worried this might be a placebo effect, and I don't want it to be!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  5:15:39 PM  Show Profile
What he got for you is just what the herbalist ordered ;)!!! Those herbals all have "female" properties and are good for female reproductive type issues. It's amazing at how fast you get a response when you give your body what it needs.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  8:33:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Rachel! Bonus points for the Mister, then! The directions say to take every day, not just THEN. Hey, I can handle perpetual ginger breath.

I remember taking dong quai for a while when I was younger, but do you think the combination is what makes this so much more effective?

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  07:23:38 AM  Show Profile
Alyce,

It sounds like the Mister did REAL GOOD!
I think I may need to try a remedy like that. I have always had the most excruciating pain (never got examined for Endo). But the pain reminds me of when I was pregnant and my tube ruptured (tubal pregnancy)

I am GLAD that you got some relief!

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  5:23:47 PM  Show Profile
I take vitamin A and E everyday for my breast fibroids. It was so bad in the past when I went to have my mam they thought I had breast cancer and I had to go through a biopsy and an untrasound. Then they figured out it was fibroids. My sister had to have a historectomy from her fibroids in her uterus were sooo bad.

God bless,

Judy
Farmgirl #3666

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  4:53:36 PM  Show Profile
When you take single herbs that work great, it's all good. But for certain health issues the body needs more than just the single herb, which is one reason I really like formulas...they generally pack more punch for what ails you. Definitely take daily for at least a couple of months. You might want to try muscle testing to see when/how many you need to take.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/

Edited by - rksmith on Apr 20 2012 4:53:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

michgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Mary
Glendale WI
USA
148 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  06:58:09 AM  Show Profile
There is some research that suggests that going gluten free might help- if you are sensitive to it, it maight be causing you inflammation. Just another suggestion....
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Herbs for endometriosis? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page