Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic That moth ball smell Next Topic  

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  9:43:09 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls. I am new to this forum so forgive me if this topic has been touched on. But how do you get the moth ball smell out of a home?

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  10:16:00 AM  Show Profile
We did have a long thread on this awhile back..darned if I can remember how it started though...It would no doubt be under the stitching forum if you care to look. I have never been very sucessful getting that smell out completely..I hope someone can help you. we sure have alot of new gals lately..so you never know!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  6:47:33 PM  Show Profile
I was able to find this link - maybe that will help! [http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5197]. I've never been able to make it go away completely, either, durn it. Good luck!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  1:36:18 PM  Show Profile
Thank you girls!
Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  07:29:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
I recall my mother hanging everything out on the line in the fall when she unearthed our winter clothes. The camphor clings to the fabric and I believe a good airing out in sunshine was considered the proper way to rid clothing of the odor. Since you can't exactly lift the roof off the house to give everything a sunbath, it will probably take some good airing out and I wonder if washing down the walls would begin to help that. I'd start in the area where the odor seems most pronounced. You could wash them down and then use a rinse with water and white vinegar. You can use a sponge mop to make it easier. If you have wallpaper, the odor is going to cling to that too. Think what a wonderful workout this will be for your upper arms...ugh! In the end, it's a crummy problem... sorry!

Every way of a man seems right to himself but the Lord is the tester of hearts. Proverbs 21:2
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic That moth ball smell Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page