Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Cuttin' Loose With Carole King EXPANDED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Cuttin' Loose With Carole King EXPANDED Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  3:25:41 PM  Show Profile
Carole Kings album wasn't in the box. I'm still looking. I do have some of her songs on my ipod, but I wanted the vinyl album, the speakers are louder on the record player!!!!! I did find some of John Denver albums, and Marvin Gaye, Kenny Rodgers, Conway Twitty. In the mornings when I'm home, I turn the music up loud and dance, dance, dance. My inside cat is afraid of me in the morning. The minute I go to the record player, she runs and hides. I'm hoping she comes out to dance with me. Thanks, again, Nini, for the thread on music.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  3:27:27 PM  Show Profile
Carole Kings album wasn't in the box. I'm still looking. I do have some of her songs on my ipod, but I wanted the vinyl album, the speakers are louder on the record player!!!!! I did find some of John Denver albums, and Marvin Gaye, Kenny Rodgers, Conway Twitty. In the mornings when I'm home, I turn the music up loud and dance, dance, dance. My inside cat is afraid of me in the morning. The minute I go to the record player, she runs and hides. I'm hoping she comes out to dance with me. Thanks, again, Nini, for the thread on music.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  12:40:00 PM  Show Profile
Nini I just came upon your post about your cousin/friend and Carole King and sitting here in my kitchen having a cup of coffee by myself, I just burst out in tears! Tears of happiness and sadness at the same time. You are an amazing person and I'm proud to be one of our Farmgirl Sisters also.

Friends are the Flowers in the Garden of Life
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  9:28:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh, girls... I am beside myself. I was thinking of Monique today and decided a little while ago that I'd try to find her online and get in touch with her tomorrow. I figured she'd get a real charge out of this post about her, and there would be nothing better than stealing away with my dear old friend for a secret getaway lunch, and reminiscing over a good cup of tea. What I found instead was an obituary. Monique passed away suddenly and unexpectedly last July. Nobody called. Nobody. They knew how to reach us, they all did... but nobody thought to call. I'm sure it was so sudden that they just didn't think about it. But so much time has passed, you'd think someone would've called or stopped by, by now. I guess life just goes on. That's how she would've wanted it, anyway - no big fuss. Just be happy. But my heart hurts. I would've been there. Everything I said in this post would've been part of her eulogy. I just can't believe it. I don't want to wake my husband; it's the middle of the night. And yet... I just want to cry and remember her with him. No... no tears... just happiness. She would want happiness and lots of laughter. That's the way she should be honored - the way she would want it to be.

I know what she'd say, though... I know EXACTLY what she'd say. She'd smile and laugh; she'd roll her eyes and tell me to lighten up... And then she'd remind me:

"My life has been a tapestry of rich and royal hue
An everlasting vision of the ever changing view
A wondrous woven magic in bits of blue and gold
A tapestry to feel and see, impossible to hold"

She'd remind me of all the fun she had, how full her life was; how she really did make every moment count...and how much she loved me.

And then she'd remind me that now I can talk to her whenever I want... She's not "so far away" anymore at all! I don't even have to pick up the phone. Just say her name, and she'll be here, listening, smiling, laughing and comforting. She's probably looking down at me from Heaven right now, belting it out:

"When you're down and troubled
And you need some loving care
And nothing, nothing is going right
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest night

You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there
You've got a friend"

Oh my heart...

Please, my dear sisters, if you have a special someone in your life that you've been putting off calling for whatever reason, just pick up the phone and call before it's too late. Because too late is really too late... and it feels absolutely awful.

I'll be okay, really - don't you worry. I know I'll see her again one day. It's only just a veil between us and Heaven. She's okay, I am sure of it. <deep breath> I'm okay. It's all good. It has to be, right?

I'm thinking tomorrow I'm going to pull out some pictures and make a big pot of sun tea with lemon, play a lot of Carole, and just let my heart dance in the memories. No need to be sad, because Monique'd say that's stupid - life is to be celebrated! And so it shall... She'd want me to remember her with smiles and laughter, and so I shall! I think I'll even make my guys cheap balogna sandwiches all week in her honor...and maybe even have a nice little lunch with a good friend, and carry on the giggling tradition. Maybe I'll call my foster daughter in the morning and see if she'll have lunch with me. She'll "get" it.

Well, thanks for letting me ramble. Love you, girls. Now go call that special someone! Reconnect, reminisce, laugh oodles and be happy! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Jun 24 2012 10:02:12 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Cuttin' Loose With Carole King EXPANDED Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page