Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Next Topic  

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  2:56:08 PM  Show Profile
A lady at a festival gave me the fabric I used for this, and I held it and touched it and looked at it for weeks before I oculd figure out what it was suppose to be. It's my own simple pattern and I used a vintage ivory lace trim on the top, the pockets and the skirt hem. I also used a brown lace-not vintage-for the neck tie.

and outside by my kitchen garden....see my Lazy Housewife beans.....they are humungous!!! and they just keep growning and growing ad infinitum.

Ill have another to post later or tomorrow that I used a vintage pattern to make. Again, I touched and looked at this fabric for eons....I think I got it about a year ago...and it pained me and I truly cried when I cut the fabric.....ask Rob, he'll verify because he laughed at me....OY!

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  3:06:42 PM  Show Profile
Tasha- Your apron is darling and you look adorable in it!! It was well worth the wait. :) I can totally relate to your hesitation to cut that fabric! I have some that has been in storage for years and I still can't bear to cut it. Maybe someday.....
Karin
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  3:09:29 PM  Show Profile
I love it! You did such a good job! I do that with fabric sometimes too. I am really bad about buying 2 yards of a fabric that I just love and then just "having" it for the longest time.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  3:27:22 PM  Show Profile
Tasha
You and your apron are very cute,and I don't think your beans are lazy!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  3:30:29 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
cute nice job. It is silly how we all who make stuff get attached to the supplies. Then we can't make items because we don't want to wreck the fabric. I think all craft people are this way with something.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  3:32:27 PM  Show Profile
I love that you made the apron from a pattern you devised yourself. You look very pretty in it. I have lots of fabric I just pull out and look at and still wonder what to be made with it. :-) Congratualtions on amking the jump and cutting it!

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  3:55:19 PM  Show Profile
Loved the apron and the pictures. I am working on a few aprons myself lately and am planning to cut some gorgeous fabric this very night. Hopefully it won't hurt. I got a few patterns to use, but to be honest, the pattern thing is not a big draw for me these days. I'd rather make my own pattern and just cut away. That flimsy paper and the cutting of it really gets me. Maybe I won't bother with the pattern. I made all of my daughter's clothes without them for a thousand years, so why I am even considering a pattern is a mystery to me. Let you know tomorrow what I ended up doing. You are so cute in your beautiful apron!
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  4:17:03 PM  Show Profile
TASHA,great photo! love your apron and your garden wow! looks like you had a good summer.(im sure you had a lot to do with it,lol)I too have a LOT of different fabric and i cant even sew! but my machine is out in clear view and we got this mind game going ,lol i will figure it out yet.any advice from you all that sew?randi
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  4:37:18 PM  Show Profile
Love the apron - love the beans, and love the photos! You look so happy and pretty. Thanks for sending them to us!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  4:40:13 PM  Show Profile
Absolutely beautiful! And your garden is awesome!

I know what you mean about cutting into the fabric - it is like, it had all this potential, and once you actually decide what to make with it, all the other opportunities are lost....

I think that is why knitters and sewing people always seem to have yarn or fabric stashes - they are storing up potential!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  5:05:37 PM  Show Profile
How adorable! You are darling, and love the pictures. It is true, a picture does say a thousand words! Looks like you have a great garden! Wish I had some of those beans! I don't eat meat. I can eat things right out of the garden! Beans, okra, tomatoes it doesn't matter! Keep up the good work!

farmgirl hugs, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  5:10:51 PM  Show Profile
You look beautiful in your beautiful apron! Thank you for sharing!
Susan
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  6:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
good work, i love your apron and can understand why you didnt want to cut the fabric. i think sunshine is right we all have those pieces that we love so much we just hesitate to put the scissors to them....but i'm glad you did, it made a beautiful apron.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  9:32:39 PM  Show Profile
It looks like you just stepped out of The Waltons...my favorite show. Great work.
Pamela

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  05:25:29 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
pamela,
my favorite show as well. my kids make fun of me cause they say i've seen every show several times.
we dont currently get the waltons on our cable, but i hope they will bring it back so i can relive the whole thing all over again.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  05:32:49 AM  Show Profile
I love the apron--great job! Like several others, I too have fabric that I just can't seem to bring myself to cut. I never really even considered aprons until the last couple of months, but now I have plans buzzing all around in my little brain--If I only had the time!

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  05:35:39 AM  Show Profile
Tasha -- So nice to see you in your apron and in your garden. You have a lovely aura.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  6:23:59 PM  Show Profile
I have lived most of my adult life based on The Waltons!! You can get at least the first two seasons of the show on DVD. I have them both and watch them all the time. I imagine that most of us loved that show as kids...It would explain how we chose to live our lives at this time. My kids make fun of me too, but they also loved the life I created for them here at our farmhouse on the river. It was simple and honest.
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  6:32:37 PM  Show Profile
I posted another apron I made a few months ago on my blog....

www.gaiarose.wordpress.com

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

*~*Birth is SAFE Interferance is RISKY. TRUST BIRTH*~*

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  8:57:35 PM  Show Profile
Tasha,
Love both your aprons! I love Sense and Sensibility patterns - have looked on the web at them heaps, but can't get them here in Oz. I am having an apron making frenzy at the moment - not sure why really, just seems to be so much fun seeing what comes out!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  9:46:31 PM  Show Profile
Jayne....

We ar ein the same boat...Rob pulled me away from one just tonight to play a game of Scrabble....lol I am now going to go work on it more at 11:42 pm!!!!!

what you must see."
-Author Unknown

— Blaise Pascal

*~*Birth is SAFE Interferance is RISKY. TRUST BIRTH*~*

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts