Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  10:09:54 AM  Show Profile
What size do you use for your embroidered towels?

I have been working on a towel but it seems really big. Better to dry with I suppose

~~Bridge's Boutique~~

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  10:27:47 AM  Show Profile
YEA I was wondering that too, the flour sack towels seem a bit large, I think aunt jenny uses flour sacks, maybe she can tell us.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  11:01:23 AM  Show Profile
I like the big ones, but sometimes they are harder to find. I say "the bigger the better". They can make a cute little card table cloth if they are big enough too!! Or if they are square I like to center them in the middle of the kitchen table but diagonal..does that make sense? for a center thing..with a basket of fruit on it. I like the ones with fruit embroidered on a corner for that...or the tractor one I use alot in my kitchen.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  11:47:37 AM  Show Profile
Good question! I've been looking around for towels to embroider, and I guess I'm thinking more "tea towel", or "hand towel, or "guest towel" size, but looking up dimensions for tea towels and flour sack towels on the internet I'm coming up with anywhere from 18 x 26 to 30 x 30, and maybe even larger. Quite a range, so i guess whatever you have will work--it doesn't look like there's a right or wrong!

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  07:40:37 AM  Show Profile
I just use the flour sacks as i find them .. and i also love 'vintage' towels. actually, i RARELY actually DRY my dishes .. have never used a dishwasher (and most homes i have lived in had them .. luckily these olde cabins don't waste space that i wouldn't use with one) .. but i love to 'drape' them over the dishes as they are self-drying. you can take a towel that you love and cut your feedsacks to that size. xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Flour sack towels Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page