Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 lost all faith
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic lost all faith Next Topic
Page: of 2

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  04:39:50 AM  Show Profile
those of you who still believe,how do you keep on believing and worshiping an entity that allows continually bad things to hit ? I just can't do it anymore. it makes no sense and if he can't help me here on earth what good is faith and belief ? I though going thru the foreclosure was enough guilt and humiliation and strife for one lifetime, now this ? why ? what have I done that God or whomever had decided I should be miserable forever. I think I'm done

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  05:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Patricia! *hugs* I can only imagine how tough it has been for you through your many many trials lately. My heart truly goes out to you and all the pain you are in.

All I can say is that I know you are a strong, strong lady. I think many times we are brought very close to our breaking point and I have to believe that when that happens there is something wonderful down the road. Sometimes it is hard to see through the smoke and wreckage of what was our previous life, but I hope that very soon you will have something fantastic that comes your way.

I think the really issue is that we have free will. And decisions and actions that others make using their free will affect us and not neccessarily positively. My personal perception is that God is here for us, but to allow for us to have free will there is only so much he can do in this life. He is our comfort and our strength and our true rewards is the afterlife where all trouble and striff is laid to rest.

*hugs* I really hope this current trouble is laid to rest quickly. I am sure your husband is innocent of all charges and I hope they are able to distill that quickly so that your life can start gaining some stability again. *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  06:38:11 AM  Show Profile
Hugs and prayers.

I have felt like you before. When I could not pray for myself, I asked friends for prayers.

Stay strong. Keep asking for prayer.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  07:03:40 AM  Show Profile
Patricia I use to ask the same question when I was going through so many surgeries and financial troubles. Like Alee said God gives us free will. I was once told a story and it helped me with my perspective on this subject. I am not very good with bible verses and saying just the right things at the right time. But I will share this story and hope it helps you as it did me.

God is a father to us just like we are parents to our children. We try to protect our children in life the best we can. When our children fall or become sick we do not want this for them but it happens just like it happens to us we have no control over everything its part of life.But the important thing is God is there to help pick us up and comfort and listen to us no matter what. We as parents could not stop the fall or sickness but are there to help our children through their pain or sickness or whatever life throws at them. That is whats important is that he is always there to listen just like we are for our children.
I know I am not quite saying this the way is was told to me. I am not that great with putting my feelings into words but I hope you understand what I am saying.

I can feel your heavy heart and know that its really bad now but it will get better it really will.Things in your life are going to change and be different but you all will get through this. Take in one day at a time and try not to look to far into the future. Deal with today only. I know you may not see this now but when one door slams shut there will be another good door that will open.
Please try to hang in and know that I am praying for you with everything I have. As I am writing this to you tears fall from my face wishing I could do something to help you through this. If you need someone to talk to I am here to listen. Don't give up on the Lord and let doubt take over your spirit.You are not being punished believe me. What is happening to you and your husband is the selfish result of someone elses actions. Remember someone he works with started this mess. Hopefully they will find this person and straighten this whole mess out. Bless you and your family.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  07:20:56 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Patricia! Reading your post, my heart just absolutely broke for you. I am so sorry that the things happening in your life have brought you to this place of darkness, but I want you to know that God really DOES love you. It's not He who is doing these things to you, it's the evil one who wants to separate you from the love of God who is at work. I've been there - I know. I especially get "attacked" when I witness or come too close to the Lord for evil's comfort, and the spiritual attack is usually against my family. It's horrible, because the first thing I want to do is shy away from my faith to keep us all safe. But the truth of the matter is that the only place we are truly safe is in His arms, entrusting every fiber of our being and every aspect of our lives to His care. No matter what we see happening around us, no matter what comes against us, nothing is greater than God. "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the One Who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." I John 4:4. I've had to stand on that scripture more times in my life than you'll ever know, dear sister. Please know that I am here for you and will pray with all my heart against the things that are coming against you. Kristina's absolutely right - when we are too weary to pray ourselves, God sends others to lift us up in prayer and see us through. I'm sure ALL of us will be doing that for you. I think God would probably say to you right now, "Be still and know I AM God." Psalm 46:10. Just because we cannot see Him in action behind the scenes, doesn't mean He isn't working on our behalf. The Bible promises in Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." We will press into Him on your behalf when you feel you just don't have the strength. Hosea 6:3 reminds us, "Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth." And in Hebrews 13:5, we are reminded, "...God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you," which is an echo of God's own voice spoken in Joshua 1:5,"No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you."

You hang in there, girlfriend. I'll be praying! "He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Psalm 91:4

Hugs and lots of love to you -

Nini

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(") (")*

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  07:24:15 AM  Show Profile
Patricia - this is one of my favorite songs in times of trouble!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc52nnApJsg&feature=related

And this is one of my favorite CDs where you can listen to the song in its entirety:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asRHFqTnXcE

May they richly bless you today and throughout your trial!

Love you, sister!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Mar 29 2012 07:27:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  08:33:18 AM  Show Profile
Patricia, I will be praying for you.
I am so sorry you are going through this.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  08:59:52 AM  Show Profile
Nini I agree with you completely. Satan come to kill ,steal and destroy. You ever noticed the closer you get to God, the more bad stuff comes against us. Satan try to convinces you that God doesnt care about you. He wants to separate you from God. Tha old addage. To divide and conquer.
Thats what he wants. So tell Satan to get out and dont listen to his lies. No matter what he tells you keep god first and thank him for bring you through that is what faith is..Faith is the substance of things hope for and evidence not seen. If you can't see neither can Satan. So God can do his work and victory shall be yours. I get excited when the devil gets kicked to the curb. I sit under the teaching of Brother jesse Duplantis.
So this is what I have been taught. We have come through so many trials throught he years. But I know God never leaves me nor consakes me he is always with me. Whoohoo! Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  09:12:07 AM  Show Profile
Yep! AMEN, and AMEN! Excellent, excellent advice, Marlee! And be sure to always stand on the promises of His Word! :)

James 4:7: "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Another favorite song I'd like to share, "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus:"

This is just the refrain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfr5rOfimnU

But here it is in its entirety, performed by Alan Jackson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO4uIyz_d90

Or maybe you prefer Michael W. Smith: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWxb6VvPrkE

I just love God! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  09:19:57 AM  Show Profile
Satan's main objective is to drag us into darkness with him. We do have free will and those who cause harm are acting in the service of evil. As for the things that happen to us that are physical, we live in a fallen world and because of that we will have trials.
Ps 34:14, Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers him out of all of them. When my DH died, whom I loved with all my heart, I knew that satan was to blame and not God. This is a war zone and there are going to be casualties. Take heart there must be something wonderful out there for you as we only meet that kind of opposition when satan is trying to keep us from a marvelous destiny.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  10:15:25 AM  Show Profile
*HUG*

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6584 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6584 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  10:18:36 AM  Show Profile
Patricia, I too will pray for you and your hubby. Keep your faith Patricia sometimes it is all we have, so never, ever give up. We are all here for you to listen and see you through this trying time. Remember too God Never Gives Us More Than He Thinks We Can Handle.
You are in my heart and thoughts.
FarmSisters are Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}},
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  12:54:11 PM  Show Profile
Marlene I agree with you 100%. The closer we are to our God, the more evil comes. God does hear you ... He hears all of us. Please never give up on Him.. He will come thru for you Patricia.

Friends are the Flowers in the Garden of Life
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  3:51:47 PM  Show Profile
Patricia, I've felt the same way. My relationship with God has definitely been a strained one over the years. If I've learned one thing, it's that faith can be as complicated as any other aspect of life. No easy answers. For myself, I've come to the conclusion that protecting us from suffering is not what God is there for. When I look at the course of human history and the lives of thousands of other people around the world, I am humbled. Suffering is the norm, not the exception, and who am I to think I should be spared? I try to hang onto my faith that God is not the cause but a source of comfort and peace in the struggle for survival.

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  8:59:04 PM  Show Profile
I used to wonder why God allowed so much suffering in my life--still do at times--but I've come to the conclusion that the bad things that happen aren't from God. I don't dwell on it too much cause then it messes me up--I just tell myself that this tribulation isn't from God. I don't look at it as a "fight" against dark forces cause that messes me up too. I don't know why bad things happen. They just do. But it's not from the hand of a loving God. I am praying for you and hope you can find some inner peace in this storm. There's a song "Sometimes He calms the storm, and other times He calms His child". I pray that He will send Calm your way. Hugs,
cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  9:52:59 PM  Show Profile
Stay the course, Patricia...I think everyone questions their faith at some point. Just try to remember that you can get through this...so many of us here are pulling for you and your family! Sending a hug your way...hang in there!
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  10:54:14 PM  Show Profile
I read recently that these things happen to strengthen our relationship with God. He doesn't want you to give up. Right now, you need Him even more. Don't give up: that's what Satan wants. Don't give it to Satan. Let God prevail!!!!

Blessings,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  04:45:35 AM  Show Profile
I'm trying but I guess I'm just so scared...scared he isn't really there, scared if he can't protect me how can he help things to come out okay, if I pray will it make any difference ? or is religion just a crutch so that we can use it to comfort us when life smacks us around but it is really all out of my control and if it's totally our of my control and God doesn't block bad things what's the point of religion or faith? part of me wants to chuck the whole idea but there is a little part holding on, just something I have to work through I guess. thanks for your kind words and explanations
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  04:56:31 AM  Show Profile
Hang on Patricia. I know all those feelings as I have had them all at one time or another. Just know that all of us are praying for you and we are all surrounding you will all the love we have and you are not alone. God Bless!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  5:23:59 PM  Show Profile
Patricia, my heart is just aching and breaking for you right now! I've been where you are - you feel like you are standing on the edge of a cliff looking into this deep dark pit. You shout and only your voice echoes back. xI can promise you that He is there. He is. Really. Remember, there is a difference between faith and religion. Faith is your relationship with the Lord. Hang on to that. It's not a crutch - it's a lifeline. And you need it right now. It's when life smacks us around that we need that lifeline the most. Grab onto it with two hands and don't let go no matter what!

Honey, I'm praying for you right now SO HARD!!!! If you can't hang on to your own faith, hang on to mine and all the other farmgirls'. We'll pull you through this together because that's what sisters do.

Just hang on!

LOVE YOU!!!!

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 teenagers, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

Check out my blog: http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com
and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker), Twitter (@sphomemaker), and Pinterest (Suburban Prairie Homemaker)

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  6:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am have just come thru a very dark journey myself. God was the only light at the end of the tunnel. It is the darkest just before the light.

You are on my heart and in my prayers list.

Amy

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  7:45:48 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you Patricia.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  10:50:14 PM  Show Profile
I would like to post more but need to look up the scriptures for you.

But, a few things to consider-Job-testing by satan was intense!

And Jesus. Jesus said the slave is not greater then the master. He himself was tested, and had many bad things happen to him because of satan, including death! And we are not greater then him. So no God does not shield us from all bad things. But there is reasons for that.

However, some day Satan is going to be locked away, and eventually will be destroyed. And God promises from then on there will be no sadness, tears, sorrow, death, and things will only be good. And that was his original intention for humans and the earth before Satan, Adam and Eve all screwed that up by disobedience.

If you read the story of Job. You will see Satan likes to antagonize God, telling him that people will only worship him in good times, and if anything bad happens they will leave him and curse him. We right now by keeping faithful to God can prove to every one-the fallen angels, and the ones that stayed on God's side, and every human that God deserves our faithfulness and worship. And soon when God puts Satan away, and we have peace from him again. No one will ever be able to challenge God again. See in the Garden of Eden Satan challenged God's rulership by what he told Eve-she did not need God, and that essentially God had lied to her and Adam. Ever since then has been a proving of just how much humans DO need God. God could of right then and there killed Satan, Adam and Eve and started over. However, all the angels in heaven were watching and that could of left doubt in their mind about God. But, through all these years of seeing how it is with Satan ruling (he is the ruler of the earth right now, that is what the bible says, that the power of the world is laying in the hands of the wicked one) is not better, but in fact horrible, and awful. As the Bible says, taste and see that God is good. That's what every angel and every one will be watching. And when this is all over, there is not going to be a doubt in any ones heart or mind that God is the only one who deserves are worship and praise.

I will be praying for you. And if you would like to talk to me privately I can do that as well. I even have a book with a chapter in it, entitled why does bad things happen to good people.

Also as the bible says, keep on asking, and keep on searching and it will be given. Don't stop asking and don't stop searching the truths in God's word, and he will help you find the answers!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  07:28:27 AM  Show Profile
i too have had moments when i wanted to quit. if i were to leave where would i go? who would i worship? Gods sovereignty was challenged in the garden of eden. so his right to rule was challenged. satan said man would only serve God for what they could get. not because we love him. just as heather said we are one creation. God has a heavenly organization too. when his right to rule was challenged it takes in ALL creation. God promises he will bring to ruin those ruining the earth. what we are going through now is temporary He says He will bring all in the memorial tombs back. we get to live on a perfect paradise earth. he did not change his purpose for the earth just because of a sin. He is going to restore the earth where man will live in peace and harmony. we are going through all this to prove the point. man cannot direct his own steps. he needs his creator to guide him. man is so arrogant and satan is so determined. but we are in the last days hard to deal with. just a little longer and the wicked one will be no more. please do not let this world steal your joy. God does love you. this thread with all this love shows that. sending hugs love and a prayer. i will carry you in my heart today sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  1:40:30 PM  Show Profile
Patricia, please do as all the ladies are saying. Read and re-read what Ann says about faith. Hang on and do NOT give in to Satan. God never promised everything here on Earth to be a bed of roses but He did promise never to leave us or forsake us---even though, as humans, we might think that sometimes. You need Him more than ever now. Please keep us posted. Don't forget: PRAYER WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  06:15:39 AM  Show Profile
How are doing today?

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic lost all faith Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page