Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 PRAISE This Morning!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic PRAISE This Morning! Next Topic  

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  05:50:25 AM  Show Profile
Isn't that a nice one to read for a change!!!!!

First, passed my final exam for Master Gardener, so I'm officially a University of Illinois Extension Master Gardener Intern. Doesn't that sound so formal? Almost like I should know what I'm doing! LOL

Then, as part of the Master Gardener program, I am required to volunteer a certain number of hours. The first part of good news is that, other than a certain number of required hours at the help desk, we get to pick and choose when and where we volunteer.

I signed up for the Speaker's Bureau - did speech and theater in High School, so it's nothing for me to get up in front of an audience and talk. Last night was our first meeting for the season.

So the even better news - I got to choose my own topic from a list of presentations that others have either used or started. And guess what was available? Kids gardening!

Talk about God putting you in the perfect place at the perfect time, and using all your life experiences for His Glory! I used to do presentations for a large company for sales staff, so I'm very familiar with how to use the computer, and hooking up the projector is no different than hooking up your monitor to your hard drive. How we design the presentations is entirely up to us, but we all agreed we should try to make them look similar. I volunteered (because you know I have so much spare time ha ha ha) to make us a template that we all can use. That way, we'll all look so spiffy and professional - like the experts we are supposed to be. Then, as a former girl scout and cub scout leader and homeschooler and of course gardener who gardens with her kids (and with local boy scouts last summer at the community garden).

It just couldn't get more perfect!

So say a big PRAISE this morning with me!

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 teenagers, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

Check out my blog: http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com
and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker), Twitter (@sphomemaker), and Pinterest (Suburban Prairie Homemaker)

pennyhenny
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  06:51:27 AM  Show Profile
PRAISE!!! It really does sound PERFECT for you. Happy Dancing for you!!
Congratulations....you deserve all good things.

hugs,
-missy-

http://citychickblogging.blogspot.com/

Sisterhood Member#4003

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  07:39:54 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations on such a wonderful accomplishment!! Enjoy your new laurels!!
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  07:43:34 AM  Show Profile
Yes indeed lets PRAISE HIM!! Ann you just made my day with all of your accomplishments-Congrats!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  08:40:45 AM  Show Profile
Praise going up. Congrats to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7586 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7586 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  8:45:26 PM  Show Profile
Prayers and praises going up for you!

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2012 :  05:26:54 AM  Show Profile
So I get to add a part 2!

While waiting to pick up DS's BFF from school the other day, I showed DS the list and asked him to guess which topic Mom was going to do. He found 2 more for me - Eating Local, and Eat What You Grow. I've requested these, too, so we'll see what happens.

Had such a great day yesterday at a local Earth Day celebration with our local unit. Even though it was chilly and really windy, the kids seemed to like it a lot, and they even learned a few things!

Happy Monday, all!

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 teenagers, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

Check out my blog: http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com
and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker), Twitter (@sphomemaker), and Pinterest (Suburban Prairie Homemaker)

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  09:57:02 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Ann! As you said it is awesome seeing and knowing that God has placed you somewhere for His glory! Praise Him!

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  5:22:27 PM  Show Profile
Ann, PRAISE be to GOD!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  4:38:38 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Praise, indeed!!! God is SO GOOD! :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic PRAISE This Morning! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page