wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2006 :  11:11:20 AM  Show Profile
At 51 years young this book spoke to me like no other. By happenstance although having bought the about a year ago, I had tucked it away. When packing for a trip to the beach I came upon it when looking for reading material in my book pile and added it to my bag...only to realize the author was also 51 when 'living' this book and the book begins and ends at her beloved ocean. Not that you have to be 51 and lying on the beach when reading this book but both of those together made it almost a life changing experience for me. 'Profound'...it changed me. It will forever make you take note of the dash(-) between the year of our birth and the year of our death and how that - speaks volumes!

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2006 :  2:34:53 PM  Show Profile
DONA,
Sounds like you really liked this book, no walk on the beach here from now until next summer, but I will look into the book, always looking for something worth
while to read.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2006 :  9:30:34 PM  Show Profile
That sounds like such an interesting book. It sounds like it's something along the same lines, or with the same "feel" as Anne Morrow Lindberg's "Gift From the Sea." Is it? I just loved that book...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic A Walk On The Beach Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page