Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 S S Swap for May, June, July & August-Post Photos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic S S Swap for May, June, July & August-Post Photos Next Topic
Page: of 14

sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  7:16:18 PM  Show Profile
I recieved my package today. Sadly my picture frame was broken in about five pieces :( I loved everything though. Thanks SS.

www.foreverlovecreations.com
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  05:47:20 AM  Show Profile
Don't forget to post that you have received somehting. I have a few ladies that are worried a gift was not received because you did not post anything.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  06:43:21 AM  Show Profile
Look what I received from my Secret Sister for the fourth of July.
My darling honey says get those ice cube trays washed and in the
freezer those star ice cubes look like fun
Go to Top of Page

Wauka Mountain Mama
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Fran
Fairburn Ga
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  07:00:36 AM  Show Profile
Dear, Secret Sister.
I knew you had said in your letter that you where sending a second gift this month, but I never suspected to recieve anything as beatiful as the homemade journal you sent. I could never draw anything as lovely as the horse picture! Its a really lovely journal, I've never made one so Iam really in awe of your talent! Iam going to use it for my poetry. :)

I'll post a pic of it along with the rest this months treats a little later today. I couldn't get them to load when I tried last week.

Live simply. So that others may simply live.

http://waukamountainmama.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  9:12:46 PM  Show Profile
Today on one of my trips back and forth from the new place to the old I got a package at the post office. I could not wait to get home and open it. To my great delight it was a Garden Journal, planner and record book. It is set up so nicely and easy to use and it will come in very handy at my new place as I start sorting what is here and planting my own. At one point someone put a lot of time and money into the landscape but it has been neglected for awhile. I can't wait to revive it all and add my own plants and ideas. I am going for the permaculture way, lots of beauty and little work. Thank you so much secret sister. I will think of you daily as I use this. I love journals.

With lots of hugs and smiles, have a great day.
" Your body knows how to heal itself; just give it the right tools."
Farmgirl#3864
Linda
www.gwynnsgifts.com
Go to Top of Page

DeniseMGM
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Denise
WI
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  9:22:03 PM  Show Profile
I am a lucky gal! A BIG package arrived a few days ago, and my kids were all a twitter over what it could be. I opened it to find a white pitcher with gorgeous fillial patterning on the handle and spout. LOVE it (repeat: Love.) It's also the perfect size to stand next to an enormous pitcher that always towered over my petit pitchers!

I've tried twice to post a picture, but it's not working. Please check back in a couple days....because I took a lovely picture of the lace and sweet artwork.

Sadly, the basin came broken clean in two, but never fear - a little super glue will mend it, though it may become more of a cozy succulent garden.

So Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is great fun, and I will always think of my SS when I see it!!!

Denise - Farmgirl #1976

www.lionsdaughter.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Jessi Lynn
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

New York
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  9:33:38 PM  Show Profile
Dearest Secret Sister

I recieved your 4th of July package. The sparkley USA sign looks great on our red door. And I just love the apron! I think I need to put up some hooks to display me aprons when not in use or just wear them every where.

Thank you for the last package too. The little lady critter doll is enjoying the sunny window that my house plants occupy. The little spotted horses are cute! I ride a P.O.A (Pony of America) when I go to ride for fun.

Thanks for the tea, one of these days I'd love to sit down in the air conditioned house, have some tea and try out the crafts you sent.

Thanks so much,
Jessi Lynn
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  09:22:32 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, secret sister, for the lovely vintage package I received yesterday...I love the Victoria magazine and cannot wait to have time to look at it!! The lovely vintage dresser scarf is precious and delicius teas looks devine...What a sweet package!! Thank you so much!! Smiles

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  12:04:49 PM  Show Profile

Fun to come home from Seattle to find a June Pkg from my Secret Sister. I loved the pretty
rhinestone pin and the very 4th of July looking antique hanky the best...but it was all
great. Thanks for remembering me so sweetly!!

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  12:41:56 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Looks like everyone is receiving some wonderful gifts. Thank you all for posting photos and letting your SS know you have received her gift.
It’s July 1st. Most of our kids are out of school. Some of us are getting ready to go on vacation. Some are getting ready for the summer holidays. But sadly, some of us are being hit hard by the heat, the wacky storms causing power outages and even crazy forest fires. Please be mindful of these things. If your July package comes a little late, remember maybe your SS is experiencing one of these issues.
Take care and have a safe and Happy 4th of July!!

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  2:08:28 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for hosting this swap, I really enjoy seeing all the things that our farm sisters have gotten.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2012 :  3:15:58 PM  Show Profile
To My Sweet Secret Sister, I am sorry to say I have bad news about the package you sent me on the 20th of June. I received a letter today from the postmaster in Denver CO, the only thing that arrived in Denver was the address label, it seems the package came separated from the label. Did you send it priority, with insurance or delivery confirmation? Every farmgirl package to me is so special and I hate that it has been lost. I do have a form to be filled out by yourself if you would like them to try and find the missing treasures. I know from experience that the contents are never to be found some other person now has that package. Or if you had it insured I can send you the paperwork that I got from the postmaster to file your claim. Let Kathy (hostess) know what you wish to do alright?
So, thank you so very much for thinking of me I am sad that your package has been lost.
Happy 4th of July to you and your family.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2012 :  3:44:57 PM  Show Profile
Wow that is too bad....

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  05:32:40 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry to hear about your package loss, Debbie.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Dianaw1123
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Diana
Farmington MN
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  2:53:38 PM  Show Profile
Hello
I am a little behind in my Thank Yous for my secret Sister presents, she has sent me such wonderful things the last couple of weeks. The latest present was an older version of the Mary Jane Magazine, which is funny because I thought it was a new publication that just came out....then I started looking at it....and was like OHHHHHH I know what this is. HA HA. I actually had a copy of the first Mary Jane magazine from many years ago when I lived in Texas. Not sure where it ended up too many moves :( but now I have this one!

Then last month she sent me a box of yarn...YEAH....really pretty lavendar colors that I will make some winter socks out of and some lavendar seeds for my garden.

I have a wonderful secret sister and just wanted to thank her for all my goodies. I have been very busy at work....I work at a zoo, no a real one. And playing mom to a tiger cub. There is a reason god doesnt give 50 year old women babies....she is kicking my butt. HA HA

Diana

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built. "
Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  6:44:53 PM  Show Profile
Diana, The yarn you received from your SS is so pretty - the socks will be great :)! I have seen you with your Tiger Cub - precious! But, I bet a real hand full to say the least.
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  09:49:03 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness did I get a great package from my Secret Sister today :)! Wow what a wonderful bunch of goodies. She sent me "Uncle Sam",an American Flag, A heart shaped Flag hanger, the cuttest chicken, already hung in my kitchen (see photo). cute little note cards, can never have too many of them and I love Mary Englebright! A set of precious Farm/Scripture stacking boxes - love those! an awesome journal and animal thumbtacks. Loved the sweet card she wrote to me as well.
Wanting to wish my Secret Sister a very Special Happy Birthday. Praying for safety for your Dear Hubby who is fighting fires in the West as well as everyone affected by the fires, heat, storms, etc.
many hugs and thank you's - Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  12:48:55 PM  Show Profile
Wow Ruth, you hit the jackpot! Lovely

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  4:24:04 PM  Show Profile
Wow Ruth...looks like Birthday, Christmas and every other Holiday in one
WONDERFUL package. Lucky YOU!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

cheryl keyes
True Blue Farmgirl

468 Posts

cheryl
millinocket maine
USA
468 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  6:59:28 PM  Show Profile
HI ladies i recieved a fab package in the mail today!!! Susan Branch whom i LOOOOOOOveeee... a Christmas treasury and a sweet note explaining how my SS likes to start planning Christmas in july.. me tooo! im so impressed that you knew i loooooooooooove susan brach.. thnank you sooo much for a greeeeeeeeeeeeeat gift.. i love it.. youre a wonderful SS thanks so muuch cheryl

http://plumkrazy.etsy.com
http://plumkrazyvintage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  9:01:23 PM  Show Profile
Wow those are really nice gifts for both Ruth and Cheryl...Have a wonderful evening
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

alwaysbusy
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Mari
Macungie Pennsylvania
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  9:07:17 PM  Show Profile
I received my June SS package today filled with GREAT items!!!!! A beautiful butterfly journal; two knit dish clothes (honestly, they are my favorite dish clothes!!!!!!!!); and a note pad. Thank you SS for my wonderful package!!!! I hope you enjoyed your trip and don't think twice about my June package just getting to me, I am glad you were on a trip and not suffering from the recent storms (-:

Have a great day Farm Sister!!

Mari
Farmgirl #3777
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  02:28:39 AM  Show Profile
DEAR SS I MISS YOU...

I haven't heard from you since Mid May, and I am wondering if you are OKay?? I hope and pray that everything is well with you and your family. And if you are unable to contine with this swap, that is fine. You just take care.

Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

HepKitten
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Kristen
Augusta MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  05:12:23 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Secret Sister - YOU ARE THE BEST!

I didn't get a chance to take a picture, but my lovely secret sister sent me a great Senior Girl Scouting book from 1952, with a recipe tucked inside for a decadent chocolate treat, a lovely card, and a $15 Starbucks gift certificate. May I just say: THANK YOU!!

The Scouting book is so neato - between the great 50's illustrations, the fun projects, and the fact that my son is in Cub Scouts and I can now do a few of my own Scouting projects to alongside his, I am just so happy to have this treasure. Am I goofy for wanting to some of the projects? I don't care! I've already read the book cover-to-cover, and have a few picked out. :) Then there was the recipe. How ironic is it that that is the very same recipe I looked for when I was pregnant with my youngest about 10 months ago? I had a slice of that very treat at a coffeeshop by where I work, and I was hooked. Now I have the recipe, and I feel that craving coming back - but without the baby excuse! The only reason I didn't whip it up this weekend was that my lazy slacker chickens only gave me 4 eggs. And then, my SS knew I loved Starbuck's decaf mochas, but they don't work their way into my budget very often. Well, my husband's grandma loves them, too, and she fell and broke her hip last week. I was able to take a mocha to her Saturday morning, and though she was really bummed because she has to head to a nursing home that day for a few weeks of recovery, the coffee perked her up a lot. She said, "That beats that sh** they serve here - gimme!" My husband's grandma is a real pistol. lol

So THANK YOU, Secret Sister, and huge Farmgirl Hugs! You made my day, and cheered up a grumpy old lady, too. :D

Kristen - Farmgirl Sister #3858
www.farmgirlsister.blogspot.com
www.rustymoonhomestead.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  11:15:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness! I've been totally spoiled! My secret sis sent me a box full of butterfly cuteness! Fabric, counted cross-stitch kits, spatula, notepad and decorative paper, wine glass markers, floss, lotion, bath treatment, craft supplies,puzzles, etc....so much fun for me and my daughter who's recovering from surgery! How thoughtful!!!! Thank you so much! what a fun and happy package!

Let me try and get a photo posted!!!!

Nuts, can't get my phone to cooperate. I'll try in a little bit!

-hugs!
April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic S S Swap for May, June, July & August-Post Photos Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page