Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 S S Swap for May, June, July & August-Post Photos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic S S Swap for May, June, July & August-Post Photos Next Topic
Page: of 14

alwaysbusy
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Mari
Macungie Pennsylvania
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  6:41:06 PM  Show Profile
Peggy,
Well after being out of town for a couple of weeks I was greeted with my SS Reveal package and LOVE it!!!!! TONS of cotton yarn for wash clothes; a pretty crochet pin; a little wooden welcome sign; a note pad/pen set; pencil holder (or to hold my knitting needles); a book on crewel work; a book on soap making; a novel and a beautiful Victorian photo album. Oh, and a tea bag for a cup of hot tea while enjoying all of my goodies.
Thank you for being such a great Secret Sister!!!!!!! You have had your plate full and never missed sending me a package. You are awesome (-:

Have a great day Farm Sister!!

Mari
Farmgirl #3777
Go to Top of Page

alwaysbusy
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Mari
Macungie Pennsylvania
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  6:43:40 PM  Show Profile
I am wondering if my reveal package has reached my SS yet??????? I think I missed if there was a post about last months too so I am hopeful that they are making it to my SS. Please let me know (-:

Mari
Farmgirl #3777
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  12:11:15 AM  Show Profile
Mari...glad you got your package! It was fun having you as my Secret Sister.

I received your Sweet thank you note in the mail today also. Thank You! I did have a lot on my plate but buying things for you was a bright spot each month!!! Got me through a lot!

Wanted you to know that the Crocheted Floral Pin I ordered from another Farm Sister (for you). Her name is Bunny Henningsen and she lives in The Dalles Oregon. She is a Quilter but also makes beautiful crocheted flowers. The look great on jackets, purses, hats or just
for home decore. She hangs out on MJF On The Porch and Farmgirls
over 50. Wanted you to know incase you would like to check out her
work further. I believe in giving credit where credit is due.

Hope the rest of your Summer is Lovely! Have fun making some dishcloths this fall! Think of me when you do. LOL

blessings and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 21 2012 12:22:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cate1313
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Cate
Manlius NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  07:05:21 AM  Show Profile
To my secret sister: the package is in the mail today. So sorry for the delay!

~Cate
Farmgirl Sister #3450

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night - Sarah Williams

Edited by - Cate1313 on Aug 21 2012 07:07:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cate1313
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Cate
Manlius NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  07:20:02 AM  Show Profile
Marlee thank you!

I have never had a smash book before! I used to do the same things with a composition book before such things were thought of, but now I get to do it in such style!! I love the helpful bits to use with it too - the washi tape, pen and cut outs.

I've received so many compliments on the scarf already too. It's so soft and lovely. Thanks!!

Thank you so much for all of the thoughtful gifts!! I've really enjoyed having you for a secret sister!

~Cate
Farmgirl Sister #3450

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night - Sarah Williams
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  09:20:50 AM  Show Profile
So glad you got your package and liked it and your very welcome! It was so much fun sending to you , you just made me laugh and I couldnt post then u would know who I was! Glad you liked the scarf , just as soon as I saw it I thought of you, with fall coming thought you would enjoy it. I enjoyed you being my secret sister it was so much fun to send and you not knowing who I was.

Hugs to You!!!!Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

DeniseMGM
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Denise
WI
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  07:15:07 AM  Show Profile
To my SS - I sent the package out a few days ago....should be arriving by Saturday they say.

Have a wonderful day!!

Denise - Farmgirl #1976

www.lionsdaughter.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  7:29:18 PM  Show Profile
Jessie Lynn
Did you get your reveal package?
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  04:11:04 AM  Show Profile
I sent out my ss package last week to reveal myself, I hope she received it :/ and it didn't get lost

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  04:58:44 AM  Show Profile
I was wondering if my secret sister recieved her package? I had tracking on this one but lost the darn slip.

www.foreverlovecreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  06:41:49 AM  Show Profile
HI BEACHY MOM !! (KATHY)

Received my AUGUST SS SWAP STUFF... SOO FUN !!! I took a picture,and will try to upload it (note, not everything made it in the picture.. just too much stuff!)

Thanks for -- The TWEETYBIRD notes, The awesome crotched and lace flowers.. WILL REALLY WORK FOR MY DEAR GRANDDTRS scrapbook, The nail file -- works both for nails and distressing cards LOL, The fun 1 CARROT Diamond cards -- our garden produce ARE diamonds you are so right !!
A fun magnetic notepad for the refer-- yes I LOVE MAKING LISTS, Really cute pink pencils.. to which GDTR??? They would all love to get it !! Cute, really cute sparkle bobby pins (DITTO);
A mini journal in black, red, and white (You knew I was working on a quilt in these colors???).
AND GARDEN SEEDS -- carrots, cabbage, radish, and spinach (I explained to my DL what a winter garden raised bed on saw horses looked like -- don't think he has buy in yet -- but it WILL happen THANKS !.. AND
A sweet card with the most PERFECT PRESSED PANSYS (maybe a viola or two??)... ONE OF MY MOST FAVORITE FLOWERS..
You are just the very best SS EVER!! Thanks soo very much !!
Mary J

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  06:56:40 AM  Show Profile
Dear Blessed in Colorado - Debbie, As we were leaving for the beach, Dave brought in a package from you! So it rode all the way to Panama City Beach and I opened it last night :) ! thank you so much for all the wonderful goodies from Colorado, one of my favorite states! Our "kids" were statiioned at Ft Carson for a little less than a year and we were able to visit them twice! Saw a lot of your beautiful part of the county, and totally understand why you decided to stay put :)! We went through your town on our way to Eleven Mile Canyon - gorgeous. When I get home I'll take a photo of all the goodies and officially "Thank You"! you have been a wonderful Secret Sister, and I hope to continue our friendship.
Many thanks and hugs!
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  10:35:44 AM  Show Profile
Ruth, I am jealous you are in Panama City at the Beach one of my favorite places, enjoy your time there.
So, happy you enjoyed your box of Colorado and it was an honor for me to be your SS.
Absolutely, I would love to continue our friendship, that is one of the many special parts that I love SS, new friends made.
Talk to you soon.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

BillieJo35
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Billile Jo
Delmar de
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  12:31:34 PM  Show Profile
I recieved my package the other day. Kathy in MD, I love everything you sent. The bowl is so cute and I have an old door I plan to turn into a trellis so your idea was great. I got my plate holder sunday at walmart to attach it. :)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/kuntryattic

http://www.etsy.com/people/kuntryattic?ref=si_pr

http://www.examiner.com/scrapbooking-in-wilmington/billie-jo-justice
Go to Top of Page

sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  12:38:52 PM  Show Profile
Well Madelena looks like you must of had two SS. I hope you recieved my reveal package. I found my tracking and it says it was delivered yesterday.

Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  2:01:11 PM  Show Profile
Ok ladies, I see some of you have received your LAST package with your senders name.
So I have a little explaining.....
...A few of you complained that you had not received a package. A few of you never responded to my emails inquiring about sending a package. (Yet I seen your posts on other threads) So...I did have a few special secret sisters help me send out packages to those that were not receiving. And I too also sent out a package or three. If you do not receive a name in your last package, it is because you special secret sister wished to remain anonymous.
I hope everyone had fun with this swap. I don't think I will be hosting another one for a while. It is a lot of work. I do have a lot of things on my plate right now. Very busy at work and life issues at home. And sometimes being in front of the computer is the last place I what to be when I get home from work.
I apologize to those of you that did not receive anything at all. If I had the time and money, I would have sent you something too. But with that said, I am sure there are some of you that did not say anything about not receiving. Yet you sent a package every month as you had promised. And I thank you ever so much.
I truly understand that life happens. But what I don't understand is why those of you that didn't send anything couldn't have just dropped me a quick email letting me know that you weren't able to fulfill your obligation. I tried my best to make up for it. And it’s fine. No big deal. No hard feeling. No explanations needed now. I had a few wonderful special secret sisters lend a hand.
Take care everyone. Summer is almost over. Enjoy the warm weather while you can. Before you know it it will be 20 degrees with ice and snow.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  4:18:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Fran H. - I sent out my last SS package to you. I had a tracking number for it and said it was delivered a while ago. Hopefully you did receive it. Obviously if you didn't receive it, you know now that I was your SS

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  7:28:17 PM  Show Profile
I apologize I was one of the few that did not respond :( sometimes life gets out of control. I sent an email and a note in my last package apologizing and I did recieve a response back from my SS. Thank you so much for being understanding. I would also like to thank Beachy Mom who sent something to her when I was unable to. I am very thankful for the "helpers" who are able to step in when needed. After this divorce I have realized there are a lot of things important in life and I need to figure out what is important to me and my son. Thanks again to all involved.

Go to Top of Page

cheryl keyes
True Blue Farmgirl

468 Posts

cheryl
millinocket maine
USA
468 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  7:35:25 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, Im so sorry to hear that your hostessing this ss swap was such a difficult time for you... i aloways enjoy these swaps so much, but always feel sorry for those who do not do their part in the swaps. Im sorry to hear that you will not be doing it again, but tottaly understand, hos life gets in the way.. Than you so much for al you have done to make sure everyone had a good experience, you did all you could.. If some people dont co-operate , it is not your fauld, its a chance we all take when we sign up for the ss swap. I find that the majority of gals here are WONDERFUL... but as with all things in life sometimes thigns do not go as planned.. thank you for all you did for us and God bless you and yours. cheryl

http://plumkrazy.etsy.com
http://plumkrazyvintage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

alwaysbusy
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Mari
Macungie Pennsylvania
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  10:06:08 PM  Show Profile
Now that we have revealed ourselves I am wondering if my last two SS packages ever made it to my SS. Beth Jones, did you receive July and August boxes?? Summer is such a busy time but I would hate for you to think you were forgotten.

Kathy, thank you for all of your hard work. Coordinating so many women in a 'secret' swap is a challenge!!!!!! It does seem as if the majority of women really enjoyed themselves (-:

Have a wonderful Summer Farm Sisters, we are soon approaching sweater weather.

Mari
Farmgirl #3777
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  07:27:48 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, thank you so much for all you have done I appreciate you more than you know. You were the reason I did this SS as I was not sure I wanted to do it again, but it turned out better than I hoped and I thank you for all your hard work and concern.
Thank you too Secret Sister Angels for always being there when needed to step in and take care of a sister, all of you are the best and I too appreciate each of you.
Till next time.
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Leilaht
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Elizabeth
Highland MI
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  11:12:27 AM  Show Profile

I got my reveal package from my SS. A kit to make a teddy bear and a great book. I read the book already and it was amazing. Thank you Elizabeth. It was amusing to know I was getting packages from another Elizabeth. She knows me so well. Glad to hear you got a new job. Hope it goes well.

Liz

Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  11:22:11 AM  Show Profile
Kathy...thank you for all your hard work. And I do know how hard it is!!! Not something I would want to
do again myself as it just broke my heart that sooooooo many gals don't follow through. Why sign up...if
you aren't going to be committed??? I will never understand that. In this round, I packed and moved,
I had a one year old Granddaughter come down with a rare Disease and had to go back and forth to Seattle to help
her parents, while packing to move and then my little Sister in Spokane died at age 57. YES, LIFE HAPPENS...but I did not
miss one month of sending to my SS. I might not have always been on time...but even though my plate was
full...I stayed committed to my obligations. I am sorry, but I am not very sympathetic to people's excuses.

KATHY...THANK YOU...FOR ALL YOU DID TO TRY AND SEE SOOOO MANY GOT SOMETHING! That was so sweet of you to do that!!!
Now, go and take a much needed rest and enjoy the rest of your summer. You did a great JOB! I am sorry others made it so Stressful
for you. You handled it well however.

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 25 2012 11:28:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  7:26:20 PM  Show Profile
Yes It can be done and followed through one way or another even if it is just a beautiful card to show you are thinking about your person, and a reply on the computer that you received it to show thanks for what ever you received. Courtesy does wonders. I have enjoyed all my swaps and it hasn't always been easy but I do try to comply with what ever the rules are, I just enjoy all of them and all of our sisters. I want to thank you for hosting you did a wonderful job.
Thanks again
hugs
Darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  05:20:37 AM  Show Profile
I want to "thank you" also for a wonderful and fun swap. You did an incredible job

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic S S Swap for May, June, July & August-Post Photos Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page