Author Reading Room: Previous Topic GoD and DoG Next Topic  

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  5:21:57 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone read the book or seen the video of Wendy Francisco's GoD and Dog song? I was just reading on the Barnyard Buddies post about the German Shepherd Sophia and it got me thinking about Francisco's wonderful book and song. She did all of the illustrations and it is cleverly written. I would recommend it to any animal lover. For anyone who is interested, I'm sure the video is still on YouTube. I purchased several copies of the book from her website and gave them as gifts to my friends who have dogs.

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  4:37:24 PM  Show Profile
I will certainly check the book and video out. Thanks for the information.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  5:25:56 PM  Show Profile
The video/son is on my Utube faves list on my phone. It brings me to tears - it looks like my Bonnie looking up at me. I love that song.
Didn't realize there was a book.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  1:29:53 PM  Show Profile
My niece had to have her beloved chocolate Lab put to sleep this morning. A little over a week ago, Bud suffered kidney failure, with only 25% of kidney function. My niece was doing everything that she could to save him, even giving him fluid injections. I told her that she would know when the time was right by looking into his eyes. He was that same sweet affection dog, even though he was suffering. She told me that last night she had laid down beside Bud and read GoD and DoG to him. I am so glad that I gave her that book.

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic GoD and DoG Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page