Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Half Price Books find...had to share!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Half Price Books find...had to share! Next Topic  

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  12:02:40 PM  Show Profile
I have been looking for more 1950s era Bobbsey Twins mystery books ever since my girls and I finished books #1-#11 together. Today I found books #16, #20, #22 and #50 at our Half Price Books for only $2 each! The are in fabulous condition and are the ones that were released in the 50s, so they have the great line drawings in them and all the vintage language (our books #1-#11 were from the 50s updated publishings, as well - the original Bobbsey Twins came out in the 1920s, I think - maybe even earlier. I like the 1950s versions best!)

I love reading vintage books with my daughters. I shrieked when I saw these on the shelf today!

Had to share!

Anyone else have a good second hand bookstore find lately?

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  10:12:20 PM  Show Profile
Suzanne, Half Price definitely has some good finds! That's awesome you were able to find such old books in good condition.
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Half Price Books find...had to share! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page