Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  09:10:34 AM  Show Profile
Do any of you girls have a Dori Sanders cook book. I bought one years ago. Today I am making her "Smells Like Sunday" Chicken Fricassee With Meatballs. My boys love it. She owns a peach farm some wheres near York, South Carolina. She also has a large Peach and vegetable stand I would love to visit one day. She has written I think a few novels :Clover" was the name of one of her novels. The cook book also along with her recipes has fascinating short stories you can read about life on the farm when she was growing up. She has a wonderful corn cob jelly recipe. My grandmother who lived in North Carolina use to make corn cob jelly and it was wonderful. That is what caught my eye with this recipe book when I spotted it at the book store. Love the recipe book it was definately a good buy. Lots of country recipes made the good old fashion way.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  05:15:11 AM  Show Profile
I am going to check that book out! Thanks.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  6:32:55 PM  Show Profile
I'm not familiar with her cookbook, but I have read her book Clover. It's about a young African American girl who is being raised by her white stepmother after her father dies. I saw Ms. Sanders at a Barnes & Noble booksigning years ago when this book came out. She was delightful and very friendly. As I recall, she brought along some food she had made but, for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. I imagine she is a very good Southern cook.

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Dori Sanders cook book. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page