Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 Bible Study "Having a Real Relationship With God"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Bible Study "Having a Real Relationship With God" Next Topic
Page: of 4

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  1:18:39 PM  Show Profile
It is a good study. No apologies needed. At least you put forth the effort to host it I just join in here and there to comment! Happy Easter sisters!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  4:04:07 PM  Show Profile
As we have read in the previous scriptures, sin and lawlessness is not tolerated by God and should not be tolerated by us either. We must not have a prideful hoity-toity attitude when we see another sinning...that we don't do that...therefore setting ourselves up for an equally powerful sin of pride. It is our part to pray for the sinner, and show by example how one should act. If possible, carefully and with a humble heart, one may be able to guide the sinner away from their sin and show them Who is the right Way. As we finish up this chapter, these are the scriptures I would like you to read. Read aloud the word sin or another word meaning such and see how it might apply to us individually.

Isaiah 53:6, Romans 3:9-10, Romans 5:12, Psalm 51:5, John 8:30-36

1. What do any of these scriptures mean to you?
2. Is there a reoccuring theme?
3. How large is sin in the world of man... without redemption?
4. Do you see yourself a sinner? Do you confess your sin to God immediately or at the end of the day asking for forgiveness?
5. As you see a pattern in your sinning...what is your stance? What do you do about it?
6. Jesus told the "sons of Abraham" they in essence were not free? What did that mean? What do you think was their attitude?
7. What is the difference between a slave and a son?

Thank you for your patience. I hope that you, as we all must...do some soul searching allowing the Holy Spirit to open up the closets of your heart.. showing you what must be removed...so that Jesus, the Redeemer of us all, can do a thorough house cleaning. Blessings!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  5:47:56 PM  Show Profile
When your righteusness comes from works its easy to get a sense of pride. I think in John he tried to show them true freedom from a righteiousness found only in Him but since they thought they were so up right they didnt get it. We are all capable of sin which is why our choices of friends and activities are so important. A bad apple in the barrel spoils the other apples. The good apples dont wipe the decay off the bad one. I confess my sins immediately but the persistant problems I keep at my prayers for help and forgiveness until eventually I feel free of that sin. I see myself as a sinner saved by grace. No right to look down my nose at others who are not different than me just havent found that freedom in Jesus yet.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  7:01:14 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Lea. One of the things that I knew...but need to continue to deal with ...is the fact that Jesus knows our hearts, & it isn't my business to judge another. Our society judges if one is too heavy, not pretty, maybe not as much education or belong to another denomination, a different color of skin...etc. All those things I think I could easily fall in the groove of judging... long driven by me. James tells us to pray for one another...I think sometimes I need to ask for prayers in a particular problem. Thanks again Lea.

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  7:31:12 PM  Show Profile
I was thinking of the difference between a slave and a son. Some slaves were daily with their masters. But no matter how trusted they were they were never "sons".So much more than a material inheritance. They missed the right of passage so to speak. They could never obtain the status to call the Master "father" no matter how well they performed their task or how faithful they were. To be a son is unearned favor. Just because.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  6:05:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Lea! Excellent observation! You know, Scott Hahn has written about just that in a few of his books - you might want to check one out if you get the chance. Two that come immediately to mind are "First Comes Love" and "A Father Who Keeps His Promises." I think "First Comes Love" is the one that speaks mostly about our relationship with God... I strongly recommend any and all of Dr. Hahn's books, though. They're awesome!!! If you'd like to borrow my copy of either book, please let me know - I'm happy to share! :)

Hugs and blessings to all -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  4:22:48 PM  Show Profile
Nice to see you back Nini. Blessings to you. Lea, thanks for your observations about the difference between a slave and a son. In one of the prior questions, it talks about sin and our sins and how we confess. The older I get...mid 60's I still notice that when I have caught myself in a situation of disappointing myself and God, that when I pray, I feel more like a slave than a son...because I don't feel worthy. It becomes a little stronger (feelings) than the head knowledge of faith knowing I am a son. I lessen my station to appeal to God for forgiveness and asking for His mercy. It is in that time, that I cannot boldly approach the throne of His grace, but after the repentence, and accepting His forgiveness, that I know I am reinstated as a son of God. Now I know that I am never NOT a son, but being sorry for ones actions and sins is not just a flippant thing when we repent. I know you know what I mean when you have had a child know they must say they are sorry and mouth the words without meaning them. Then there are those times when the child really understand what they have done and the consequences. It is in this time, that the child has dug a little deeper in their relationship with the parent. Likewise, we all need to bring out our shovels and dig deep to the depth of who we have offended and what it means. Blessings to you all!

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  4:34:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh Claudia that is so true! Good stuff to ponder here. Nini I am so excited to see you back. No I am not familiar with that author but before I take you up on your kind offer let me check the local library for them. How are your eyes? Claudia I am truly enjoying this study. Thank you
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  4:38:26 PM  Show Profile
Nini I just read your response on the Christian farmgirls thread so dont worry about ansering my question here. Glad you are ok
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  3:57:15 PM  Show Profile
Tomorrow (May3) is the National Day of Prayer. It is a good time for us to take stock of ourselves, our motives and to pray for our nation, its authorities so that the Lord will cleanse from our hearts any wickedness and allow God to work. We will discuss only three scriptures. I would like as much input as possible. If this is only benefiting a few, then the few will discuss whether the study should go on.

Scriptures: 1 Cor.6:9-11
Galations 5:19-21
Revelations 21:8

We are back to unrighteousness. Paul & John call a spade a spade and gives a list.

1. Have you ever done something wrong that you tried to hide? If no other human knows...do you think someone will find out or already knows? Is there something that you have done that was unknown to others...did it start to fall apart? (You don't need to share...but I would really like you to think about it.)

2. Are there sins...hiding under a cloak of self-righteousness? Pride? Judgmentalism? Are those hidden? or do others see those tell-tale signs in you?

3. Some definitions of these sins may be obvious...but what is the definitions of factions, dissentions, emulations, enmity, revilers?

What is your over-all impressions of these scriptures?

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  05:03:04 AM  Show Profile
Perhaps we shouldnt worry about the numbers Claudia. Look what Jesus did with only 12! If you are being led to stop that is different just dont quit out of discouragement.Point #2 made me think it doesnt matter if others see the sin if we dont acknowledge it ourselves to repent of it. I had study Wed in church on sin in the church and confronting the believer about it which fits this category. I have to go now (school bus was missed so extra stop on way to work for me) will do more later.:)
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  05:58:19 AM  Show Profile
These are great questions! I don't know how I missed this.

The first question really had me thinking.

Today, society (in my opinion) had people strung up on convenience for happiness, material items, and such.

I know there is a lot of advertising for weight loss diets, where you buy set made meals and have them delivered to your door. This got me thinking about Bible verses that talk about what we put in our bodies.

I, to be very honest, did not really put much emphasis on this until now.

(some verses)
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 ESV
Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

Leviticus 19:28 ESV
You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord.

Romans 12:1-2 ESV
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

1 Corinthians 10:31
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

There have been several years where I just didn't focus on how I treated my body in relation "to the glory of God."

I really want to focus on this (for me anyway). My kids have really made in impact on what food we buy, eat, and what we drink. It's been a real wake up call.

Society has us thinking there is a quick fix for anything anymore, and it's not always good for us.

Just thoughts to share....

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  04:44:35 AM  Show Profile
Gal in the kjv says the works of the flesh are "manifest". Another verse says be sure your sins will find you out doesnt it? We'd like to think sin can be hidden but what is done in secret will be revealed on judgement day. NO hiding from the Almighty. I am trying to figure out why question 3 fits here? Sin is sin isnt it? Separating us from God wheter it be blatant or "sneeky" wrong is still wrong and the Spirit within us reveals it so we are without excuse. The context used of factions and dissensions would determine if they are wrong or right I think
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  11:31:15 AM  Show Profile
Lea and Kristina...thanks for the contrigutions. I am reminded that many years ago, I read a book by Merlin Carothers..."Prison To Praise" author. I don't remember which book it was in, but he wrote something like this. If we are not driven to stay away from sin by our love of God or others, what if our sins were broadcast on a huge outdoor movie screen for all to see. He talked about the "cloud of witnesses" that are watching the race we are running. It made me think if they are watching the good things...would they not also ovserve the bad? I don't know, but it gave me pause. I also thought that if this is true, would I like my daddy to see what I was doing...if I wouldn't stop for Jesus? I don't know if any of this can be proven through scripture, but it does make me stop and think.

As far as dissentions and factions are concerned...the definition from the book is...dissention- to be divided from one another, and factions is to take sides. Those sins in Galations are among jealousy, anger, strife etc...all relationship sins. What do you think?

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  8:23:13 PM  Show Profile
ok my kjv used words I didnt understand like variance and emulations so i went and got the nlt version. It says 5:20...quarreling,jealousy,outburst of anger,selfish ambition,divisions,the feeling that everyone is wrong except those in your own little group..." Wow! Who says the bible isnt for modern times? I see how they are relationship related. Look further into vs 25 "..let us follow the Holy Spirits leading in every part of our lives. 26 Let us not become conceited,or irritate one another, or be jealous of one another. I think we guard our hearts and when we slip up we repent and strive to be better.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  10:02:35 PM  Show Profile
I think when we started talking about unrighteousness and definitions of sin, it was much more broad and obvious that some sins were obvious. As we look at the list in this last section, it seems as though we start examining at a deeper level. These sins can be because of a disagreement, kids bullying each other, our judgemnts against the other political party etc. It isn't to say that we are not to discern what God tells us as truth for our life, but it does mean that we hold no resentments against another. Instead God commands us to love our enemies, to pray for those who dispitefully use or abuse us. It puts a different slant on what our society does today and therefore our examination must be a little more thoughtful to find those hidden sins that we have tucked in nooks and crannies. As you say...how important is the Holy Spirit to uncover our sins and lead us into repentance. Thanks Lea

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  04:15:45 AM  Show Profile
I'm under the weather this week, so I'll be back to read your continued study and thoughts. Thanks for posting this.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  10:22:25 AM  Show Profile
Get well Kristina. Get back to us when you are better.

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  07:51:41 AM  Show Profile
Ok Miss Claudia, whats next?
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  8:42:42 PM  Show Profile
I will be with ya tomorrow. How fast time does go/ Had Mothers Day, out anniversary the next day, Mom having problems with sensors around her home as there are those drug people next door....got out muy granddaughter's graduation announcements last week...oh and her birthday was the 17th, her senior recital on the 22, my birthday the 24....and and and the weeds are knee high! :0) No really, I need to work up the next study. If there is any other comments to what has been said, would wish they could be said. Onward and upward.

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  4:54:56 PM  Show Profile
TAKING STOCK:

What have you learned about sin in your life and how it affects your relationship with God?
What would happen to you if you have not acknowledged your sin, repented of it to God, and ahould happen to die?
Do you think God is serious about sin? ...or does it matter...cuz He will forgive you anyway? What about the "wages of sin is death."
We know that Christ died for each of our sins, was buried for 3 days and on that 3rd day arose. What is our part of removing the chains of sin in our life?

This may be some of the same things we have gone over, but sometimes when we have walked with the Lord for awhile, we forget basics. In recementing these truths in our lives, we not only allow ourselves to be grounded, but are able to share the fundamental truths with others who are in slavery to the enemy and sin.

Blessings!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  09:54:07 AM  Show Profile
These are such good questions, Claudia...

As far as sin in my life, I think it really does affect my relationship with God; but more in that I have a tough time forgiving myself, and that becomes a stumbling block before me in reaching out to Him, if that makes sense. It's not about HIS forgiveness of ME so much as MY acceptance that HE really does have an outpouring of love for me, and when He says He forgives, He truly forgives. It's a trust issue - we have to believe! I listened in on a discussion recently about Saint Faustina's visions of Christ. He told her that the thing that hurt Him the most that people simply don't trust in Him. He does what He says He is going to do, that we need to develop our trust in Him, as everything we receive from Him depends upon that trust. Such a beautiful message. I truly believe He forgives 100% if we come to Him in all humility and love and ask Him for it. I think the hardest part, though, is that in my humanity, I remember what I've done that has hurt Him (and others - for the pain we cause anyone ultimately hurts Him), when He truly has wiped it from memory. Why do I punish myself when He does not? Crazy. We really can be our own worst stumbling blocks, don't you think? I had posted in the Christian Farmgirl strain, though, words of wisdom from Father Edmund Silvia who said that when these memories come flooding in, we should remember to thank God that that was who we WERE and for His changing us into who we have become in Christ Jesus. His words really struck home with me and have helped me a lot.

Sometimes we do not even realize we've sinned... I believe God is merciful. My Church teaches that we never know what happens between us and God when we finally meet Him face-to-face, and that because we know He is merciful, we can trust Him to forgive even at the point of death. He will give us an opportunity to see what we have done, and if we are truly repentant, He will forgive, because that is His loving nature. What a blessing!

Yes, I believe God is definitely serious about sin - about ANYTHING that separates us from Himself. What parent wants to see his or her child suffer and be victimized by evil - especially by their own choosing? It does matter what we do. We shouldn't ever "test" the Lord by doing what we want and then relying on His mercy - I really feel as if that's a slap in the face. And He is a loving God, but He also is just. Someone explained to me long ago that the reason people back in the Old Testament could not see Him face-to-face was because of His purity. He is so beautiful, so luminous, so powerful, that any evil would simply perish before Him. Thus, we have to be transformed and purified by Christ in order to stand in His presence. Why would we knowingly do anything to sully ourselves or hurt or offend Him? He wants to be close to us more than we could ever imagine. But by sinning, we push Him away, in effect, because He knows we cannot stand before Him if we have sullied ourselves in sin - we would die. Christ fixes all of that, but why would we intentionally do anything to create that situation? I do believe we should try our hardest to avoid ever offending Him. We cannot accomplish perfection in ourselves, of course, but we should do our best. If we slip up and we are repentant, 1 John 1:9 promises, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." He tosses our sin into the sea of forgetfulness - as far as the east is from the west. But tempting Him? That's really dangerous ground to tread. For one, if we truly love Him and know Him, why would we ever want to hurt Him like that - or push Him away? Wouldn't we want to draw closer and just love Him? Plus, really it's so easy to try to "cheat" a little here and there... but what we end up doing is desensitizing ourselves to sin. It gets easier and easier to reason away the things we do, and then before you know it we are so deeply steeped in sin, we have completely lost sight of God. I confess, I've done that. I think we all have on some level. Thankfully, God is right there when we cry out to Him, and welcome us home - just like the father did his prodigal son. But think of all the unnecessary and foolish suffering that young man went through while he was out of his father's life and graces. Such a waste, so sad. And I have to wonder whether someone who brazenly sins despite the knowledge that they have of the sin they commit really and truly even knows Him, loves Him or understands His love for us, you know? The more we meditate on God, and the more we know Him, the less dazzling the things of this world really are. You just don't want to be separate from Him anymore. He becomes Number One, as He should be!

The wages of sin IS death... Death - physical and spiritual - is a result of original sin, from which none of us is exempted. Romans 5:12: "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned--" Romans 5:15: "But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!" I love to read the entire passage from Romans 5:12 through all of Romans 6!!! Such a beautiful message! Christ conquered both physical and spiritual death by His life, death and resurrection. We can obtain spiritual life through Him right now in this earthly realm, and it will last for all eternity. Physical life will return to us in the form of glorified bodies at the resurrection.

To remove our chains means to completely and totally accept His love and salvation - to trust Him; to realize what He has done for us, and what that means for us eternally; and to love Him and follow Him even unto death... "Death" has many meanings - we can "die" to our own will, our own desires, our own plan... or we can even die physically as martyrs for Him. But we have to drink formula before we can eat pablum before we can move to solid foods, just as we must roll over before we can lift our heads and crawl, before we can walk and ultimately run. We just have to start somewhere, and over time, we'll get better at it. The stronger you become in Christ, the easier you find His yoke really is, and the chains simply break away.

Love to you sisters, In Christ -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on May 24 2012 10:00:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  3:24:39 PM  Show Profile
I am reading a book right now called the attributes of God. It is one you must take slow and study deep which is what I love. Some points I had never heard taught that way and I must see if the Word lines up with it,you know what I mean. I am getting from this book how much the church today, myself included, has made God to be so approachable we are not giving him respect,awe,reverence,true worship. He is forgiving but I think we sometimes do our thing knowing we can be forgiven and He will understand and dont make sin that big of a deal when it really is. It is a big deal. Be ye holy for I am holy. The chains of sin are no joking matter and that is what our world has made it and I find I have been guilty of laughing right along with everyone else. I am wanting to be more serious in my worship and my regard to His holiness at this point in my Christian walk. Sin seperates us from that.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  7:13:13 PM  Show Profile
I really got much food to chew on from you both. One thing that struck me in my considerations of the questions are points from you both. I see that too often we take God for granted knowing in the back of our beaner that He loves us so much and will forgive anything. Therefore we may even ignore we have done wrong...just sweeping it under the rug so to speak. It's like a kid doing something wrong, (say taking some money from her purse).. should go to his Mom and tell her what he has done...but it was just a little amount..what does it matter. Mom may or may not know, but in not being honest, not giving the money back, an invisible wall starts to grow, so that there is dishonesty between them. He cheats himself in not really ever getting to know the mercies and love from his mother, and Mom will start seeing a distance frow between them. Does this make sense? Both are cheated in the long run..just as we cheat God when we are not open and honest...do not confess our transgressions and miss out on becoming even more intimate with the Author or the universe and of our souls. That starts the death process. It can be cahnged with true sorrow and wanting to have that relationship back. We just don't realize all the ramifications sin can make on our life.

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  8:28:51 PM  Show Profile
"He cheats himself in not really ever getting to know the mercies and love from his mother, and Mom will start seeing a distance frow between them." I love how you said that, Claudia! You nailed it! I also love how you said "in the back of our beaner..." My grandma always used to tell me, "You've got to use your BEAN, sweetheart. God gave you that bean for a reason!" :) Everything you've said is so true!

And Lea - I have never heard of that book before, but I feel very much like you do about wanting to be more serious. Maybe I'll read it, too. :) Who is the author? I found a few different books online with that title. One of them you can even read online for free! You're right though, we really do have to be careful that the teachings line up with His Word. I just think we also need to remember that being "serious" doesn't mean not having any joy, you know? He doesn't want us walking around all sullen and serious and getting all caught up in the "need to do's" and the "what's wrong with this world's." I can tend to get too caught up in that sometimes. I know that's not what He wants for us. He freed us from bondage and we need to live joyfully and with thanksgiving and by celebrating all the good things - right down to the shiny penny we find on the sidewalk, and the single, blossoming flower we find in the field, you know? Sometimes I really can forget to smell the roses, especially when watching the news... He doesn't want us to live with a "weighty yoke," after all. He said "My yoke is easy, and my burden is light..." I try to remember that when I start feeling all tense inside about things. Sometimes I foolishly (and needlessly) try to bear the burden of HIS yoke... I simply cannot do it in my human frailty. Besides, He told us to "take up your cross and follow me." He never told us to take up HIS cross. We're just not capable, and we would definitely be exhibiting brazen hubris if we tried to so do. But He HAS equipped us to handle the cross we are meant to bear. We just need to trust Him to ensure we endure it. Whenever I consider my weaknesses and shortcomings, I am so, SO grateful that He is my Savior, taking over when I cannot go any farther, you know?

I wonder if the real "death process" we need to go through leads us to complete death to self in order for Him to live fully in us.. I mean, is it that we should live our lives for Him, or, rather, is it that we should die to ourselves completely and let Him live through us... Does that make sense? That we should become less so that He can become greater, instead of us trying to become great FOR Him, we step back and let Him become greater THROUGH us... We work so hard to live for Him, to do His will, to do what HE wants and needs us to do, when all He wants and needs is to work IN and THROUGH us Himself. We can never do it on our own... Rather that it being about "us FOR Him," it's Him THROUGH us!

Thank you, girls - you've given me a lot of "prayer time inspiration." I've got a lot to pray about, think about and to inquire of Him. :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on May 24 2012 8:31:00 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Bible Study "Having a Real Relationship With God" Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page