gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  09:44:06 AM  Show Profile
Help I feel like heck what are your best solutions.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

Edited by - gramadinah on Feb 28 2012 10:53:19 AM

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13628 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13628 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  5:25:15 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I'm sorry you're not feeling good Diana! I just saw your thread!

I can tell you that you need some serious FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE "CHICK" Hugs and loving tender care! I just wish you were closer!

When I'm feeling ill I take garlic, echinacea, vitamin C and zinc and Airborne. If I succumb and have aches, sore throat, headache and such I'll take ibuprofen. If I FEEL a sore throat coming on I do the water and hydrogen peroxide gargles too.

Sure wish I could be more helpful!
HENHOUSE HUGS . from the "mother hen"
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  5:01:43 PM  Show Profile
elderberry is awesome.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1501 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1501 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  9:16:42 PM  Show Profile
I hope you feel better soon, Diana! It so happens that I'm drinking hot tea from the ID mug you sent me as I write this.....

Zicam products are my alltime favorite. The zinc tablets shorten duration of a cold if you start taking them at the first sign of symptoms. The congestion relief nose spray brings quick results to stuffy noses. If I am home I will use aromatherpy treatments like facial steams with Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Hyssop etc. For a sore throat I use salt or baking soda and water gargle. (But I'm going to try CJ's idea for peroxide and water next time) When I have a bad cough I grab Mucinex tablets. I know some of these aren't very natural, but unfortunately I have Asthma and can't use most of the common herbs for colds and coughs due to allergies.

Good luck!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  9:25:22 PM  Show Profile
We've been having sickness after sickness it seems like I can't get the bug out of my house! First winter I've been sick in a long time but I also just had surgery 2 months ago... We have been using raw garlic, honey, vitamin c,b and d. (Emergen-C is good) and I get a sublingual b-12 for the vitamin b.... Green tea, yogurt, and there is nothing like good old chicken soup... Also if you happen to take over the counter medicine for a cold stay away from any homeopathic remedies with real peppermint/peppermint oil in it as it will counter the benefits... I found that out the hard way after taking some cold meds, putting peppermint oil in my vaporizer and going to bed. I called my naturopath and voila that is what I found out. Go figure I tried helping myself out and instead sabotaged a good nights sleep :) So I will use one or the other now!Since I'm nursing I've had to watch what I use too for remedies and this time I've stayed away from OTC remedies and peppermint oil altogether. I've had the best luck with the Emergen-C, b-12 and garlic. The garlic really gives me a boost when I need it the most so I take it shortly before lunch and sometimes before dinner but not after dinner or I won't be able to sleep because it seems to give me energy! Best of luck and hope you start feeling better quickly!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  1:06:32 PM  Show Profile
Elderberry syrup, juice or lozenges work for us! I hope you feel better soon.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  12:41:03 PM  Show Profile
After having only one "cold " thus far and reaching for the Zicam and following it to the letter, I'm a firm believer! It works if you start taking it at that first teensy tickle you start to feel at the back of your throat you know isn't allergies.

Everybody around us got the same thing and fared far worse for far longer
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Best cold remedies. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page