Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  04:31:34 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone had a heel spur? I have mine for 4 months now and it's horrible and painful. Any tips beside the shots in the heel that I already had 4x.

:(

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  5:37:13 PM  Show Profile
I've had one for several months now--I don't have any tips, but I do use an insole with a gel heel and that helps some. I refuse to get any shots. It is a nuisance and I wish it would go away. Also, I wear comfortable shoes. Beyond that, I just endure it. But I do feel your pain!
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  5:46:09 PM  Show Profile
Cindy I feel your pain too :(

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  06:35:05 AM  Show Profile
Oh ladies - I've been there too. Ouch! The shots hurt like crazy and did not stop the pain. I started wearing Crocs almost full time. Not an imitation and not one of the new styles. I wore the original style. Within a few weeks, my heels were feeling better so I kept it up. After a few months, my heels were healed - LOL. When I asked my podiatrist about it, he said he has had several patients tell him Crocs helped. Wonder why he didn't mentioned that to me before multiple office visits, shots, splints, and physical therapy exercises? I shared with my friend who is a teacher and suffers with her heels. She switched to wearing Crocs anytime she wasn't working (she has a dress code at work) and her heels greatly improved. That was 3 years ago for me and I've not had a problem again. I wear them with my jeans and as bedroom shoes - anytime I'm at home. My podiatrist also told me that imitation Crocs do not have the same density as the real ones so always choose the real ones. I hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  4:23:23 PM  Show Profile
I had them too but once I started drinking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of ice cold water, they slowly disappeared. It happened so subtlety that I didn't even realize they were gone! They were horribly painful.

I later got a pair of inserts for my gym shoes and always wear shoes or slippers with a light heel to keep my arches up. Between that and the ACV they haven't come back (knock on wood here).

Good luck finding the best way to get rid of yours!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  07:54:22 AM  Show Profile
My husband had a couple of really bad ones a while back, I talked him into taking Hydrangea and as long as he takes it regularly he no longer has any issues with them.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  11:27:01 AM  Show Profile
I used this product http://www.footsmart.com/P-HTP-Heel-Seats-10101.aspx. Tried several different products but this one worked and is easy to move from one pair of shoes to another, tennis shoes, clogs, dress shoes.... Wore them for several months and have not had to use them in several years. My right foot was so bad I wore a brace to bed at night and did stretching exercises several times a day.

Hope you feel better soon.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Heel Spur Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page