Mnhorsemom
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Kathy
Battle Lake minnesota
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  08:49:45 AM  Show Profile
I have been doing soap and soy candles for a few years now. I have to agree with every ones cautions when using lye, but don't let it scare you out of trying to make soap. Just be careful, and pay attention to what you are doing. Another good site for soaping info and recipes etc. is www.candletech.com There are several different forums there for soaping, B&B and candles. It's a good idea to read as much as you can so you will have an idea of what to expect when venturing into soaping. Oh, and BTW once you try it be ready to get addicted

Farm House Formulas Battle Lake, MN
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  9:01:53 PM  Show Profile
Kassie:
Do you sell your goat soap? If you do, let me know. I would love to get some from you. What other soaps do you make, if any? I'll check back on this site later to see if you have posted an answer. Sounds awesome to me.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  08:14:36 AM  Show Profile
I get my Lye at Lowe's. They keep it with the drain cleasers and things. Some places can still order it but don't stock it because of the meth production. Ask at your grocery store if they will get you some. I haven't ordered any online because the shipping is crazy on it right now.

Aimee

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/ Motto To Live By
"Life should NOT be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  08:54:24 AM  Show Profile
Aimee's right; Lowe's is the best local place to get it.

Marly: I don't know that Kassie is an active member on this site at this time; I noticed this thread was started by her in 2005. There are several soapmakers on this site, though (including myself ;) )that use goat milk. Off the top of my head, I know therusticcottage is one, and also botanicalbath. Hope that helps!

The Biz www.tvalahandmade.com
The Blog: http://blog.tvalahandmade.com/
The Bits www.happydalehobby.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Try This: Previous Topic Goat milk soap Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page