Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  7:16:16 PM  Show Profile
Any of you gals had gallbladder stones? Any suggestions for natural remedies? I've had gallbladder pain the last couple days, and I'm going to try olive oil and lemon juice. Heard it works, but you're supposed to fast before you take it... Soo... it's been a long evening... hunger makes me grumpy!

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
Soap Shop:
www.empirerosesoapco.etsy.com
Vintage Shop:
www.jodieliza.etsy.com
www.pinterest.com/jodieliza

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  8:11:24 PM  Show Profile
I had to have mine out the pain was HORRIBLE!!!!But I have heard of home meds that will fix it. Had I know then what I do now would have tried the home remedy's and not had it out.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  8:38:32 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Mine was full of polups and had to come out. It was sooo much better out than in!!!!

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  6:06:13 PM  Show Profile
I had mine removed after I kept getting violently sick and had lots of pain. The doctor said it was very diseased after he took it out. I'm not sure there would have been a natural remedy--maybe before I started getting so sick, but I'm not sorry I had it taken out. Don't miss the little bugger, I guess I have a strong liver.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  1:05:41 PM  Show Profile
I just had mine out, it was too diseased to save. I had no idea I had a problem but had I known I would have changed my diet and did things differently in order to keep it. Every once in a great while I would have a super bad case of indigestion which wasn't indigestion at all instead it was a gallbladder attack! This has been going on for 12 years now ever since I was 14! So anyway I heard apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil helps as well as cod liver oil supposed to help. Since I had the surgery I have been finding out different things about the "why" I had to get my gallbladder out and sometimes its a dietary issue causing the liver to make improper bile causing the gallbladder to get over run with bile and so on and so forth. I even found out that the liver can actually make bile stones... I had to do some research because when I first heard and read about it I was like "no way" and I found a few more scholarly sources to back it up and I was pretty surprised. I went gluten free and I haven't had any more stomach/digestive issues. Even after my surgery I didn't feel good and I had chronic pain there. I sometimes thought I should have kept the gallbladder and dealt with the stones but then I Remember there was no way as my gallbladder was so bad it was on the verge of bursting. Crazyness! Well at any rate after the initial detox of going gluten free I'm doing absolutely fabulous. The best I've felt since before I got my first attack at 14!!! I can't help but wonder if gluten caused my body digestive system issues ultimately leading up to my gallbladder problems. I didn't get tested for celiac because it doesn't matter if I am or am not celiac because I won't go back to non-gluten foods. I feel WAY too good to be tempted now.
I hope you can keep your gallbladder and hopefully the natural remedies work for you!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  4:22:39 PM  Show Profile
had mine out, the pain was so bad, thought I was having a heart attack
Go to Top of Page

Ruby V
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Ruby
Chilliwack BC
Canada
220 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  11:30:33 PM  Show Profile
I had a friend who had gallstones when she was 43. She was afraid of surgery so refused to have her gallbladder removed. Some of the stones were small enough to pass down into the pancreas and she ended up dying from it. I've known two others who had the same thing happened and they almost died from it. Just not worth taking the risk. I had mine removed a week after finding out I had gallstones, that was 15 years ago and I've never regretted it. So please check with your doctor on it and don't delay having your gallbladder removed. Good luck.

Ruby ~ Sister #3597
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13628 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13628 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  6:43:10 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
My hubby had an attack that was brutal! I've never heard that man even wince, but the pain was so bad that "normal" dose of pain killer didn't touch it. He had not had symptoms, or at least anything identified as GB issues, prior to this attack. Surgeon told him it showed some GB disease and had to be taken care of, which was done by laser surgery. He did well through it all (I was the one up all night and stressed out!) It was a necessary thing and he has had no issues since.
I agree, don't wait, see a physician!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  4:15:20 PM  Show Profile
My pain has subsided for about a week now, and so far no major attacks. Just aching, some pangs... I'll go in for an ultrasound in the next couple weeks to see what's up. I'll have it removed right away if that's what it is...before the painful attacks begin. Sounds like it can get downright terrible!

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Soap Shop:
Vintage Shop:
www.jodieliza.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  07:30:12 AM  Show Profile
My mom had issues and once she went gluten free the pain went away.

Laurie

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  5:45:15 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Prairie Princess

Any of you gals had gallbladder stones? Any suggestions for natural remedies? I've had gallbladder pain the last couple days, and I'm going to try olive oil and lemon juice. Heard it works, but you're supposed to fast before you take it... Soo... it's been a long evening... hunger makes me grumpy!

Soap Shop:
Vintage Shop:
www.jodieliza.etsy.com

If your gallbladder isn't too bad, you might try the Royal Gall Bladder Flush recipe that's in Maureen Salaman's book Foods that Heal.
I've never tried it, but she said (Ms. Salaman passed away a few years ago. She was very knowledgeable when it came to natural ways to healing.)that "it gets rid of cholesterol stones and makes one feel like a queen or king." It is a seven-day plan. From Mon-Sat, drink all the apple juice you can contain, along with a regular diet. On Saturday, eat your usual lunch. Three hours later, dissolve two teaspoons full of di-sodium phosphate or Epsom salts in a small amount of hot water. "Ugh! It tastes bad. So I wash it away with a glass of fresh grapefruit juice." Repeat this routine in two hours. For dinner, eat half a grapefruit and drink a glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. Just before going to bed, blend a half cup of warm and unrefined olive oil blended with a half cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Go to bed, lying on your right side with right knee pulled as close to your chest as you can for a half hour. On Sunday morning, take two more teaspoonsful of the di-sodium phosphate or Epsom salts in a small amount of hot water at least an hour before you eat. That morning's bowel movement should contain small, green, irregularly-shaped cholesterol stones the size of kiwi fruit seeds to grape seeds and a few just smaller than cherries. Ms. Salaman said that she used the Royal Flush every three to six months.

THIS INFO COMES FROM THE BOOK FOODS THAT HEAL. I HAVE NOT TRIED IT MYSELF AND I AM NOT A HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL, SO DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. GOOD LUCK!

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  08:11:24 AM  Show Profile
I passed 100 or more stones with a method I found online.
You can google for it, "gallbladder flush Ortho- phosphoric acid" and I think the site I used had the word "Theta" in the title.
3 days were eat lightly, drink one liter unfiltered apple juice with ( I forgot how much) Ortho Phosphoric acid every day. Dinner on the 3rd day, fresh fruit with homemade whipped cream. ( Fruit for digestion, whipped cream to get the gall bladder working). There may have been some epsom salts in there at lunch. That night, I kind of think it was one cup dark green high quality olive oil, with equal amount grapefruit juice. Lie down like in the above post. The next day, espom salts in water. Don't quote me on this, I will try to find the website- but the phosphoric acid and the pectin in the apple juice help soften the stones.
Again, I passed one hundred or more stones with this method.
Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  08:15:33 AM  Show Profile
http://www.thetadnaactivation.com/resources2.html

Here is the link. I hope it works! It worked for me.
Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  03:58:39 AM  Show Profile
According to publications like the Mayo clinic and JEMA it's bunk.

If it makes you feel better, good for you, but it's nothing to mess with if the stones are calcified enough to show up on ultrasound and possibly start to block ducts to make you feel sick.

Look at the whites of your eyes and palor of your skin too. If you have a yellowish tint, it's jaundice, and time to stop messing around.

I'm geting an ultrasound today and going from there.

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

pennyhenny
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  06:12:17 AM  Show Profile
I have to confess I tried all of the flushes and had much success flushing out hundreds of stones BUT I still had to have my GB removed and I'm so glad I did as the pain with GB was severe. My surgeon said my GB was the largest he had seen and that it was effecting my other organs with it's size. I went in for surgery at 8 in the morning and was home by noon. GB disease is in my family even though all of us are very healthy in diet and exercise my doctor said it's all about the genes.

My eldest sister had to have her removed 20+ years ago after the birth of her first child and I had mine removed 6 years ago and boy by looking at our scars you can tell how modern medicine advanced. I only have visible a small round, less than the size of a dime and very light colored scar and my sister has a very long over 10 inches running down her stomach.

hugs,
-missy-

Sisterhood Member#4003

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  03:54:30 AM  Show Profile
So what good are the flushes then if it had to be removed anyway. Did the flush make you feel any better, as in pain free, or did you feel the same?

Excuse my ignorance, but I thought they had to be removed if 1. there were too many stones or 2. a gallbladder was too inflamed from too many stones blocking bile ducts from emptying completely.

If you have ever seen a live dissected gall bladder and liver the tubes are very small.

The ultrasound I got yesterday showed nothing. So that's a good thing, but might mean ulcer...no so good.
Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  7:25:02 PM  Show Profile
I had mine taken out shortly after I had my son...the pain was so bad I ended up in the ER (and I don't go to the ER lightly!)...not sure about home remedies. I guess I'd make sure that is indeed what the issue is. Good Luck!
Go to Top of Page

Ca-Reds
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

kristy
Clearlake Ca
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  05:52:29 AM  Show Profile
Just have to say, i had mine taken out yesterday. Surgery went well, now i am in recovery mode.. Feeling pritty well too! I think this was the best choice for me, as the pain was WAY to much for me. And beings that i have 3 little ones i cannot really be layed up for to long either. I wish you "Good Luck" with which ever road you decide to take. Farm Girls Hugs, Kristy

"Plan ahead, it wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark!"
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  06:57:34 AM  Show Profile
I had mine out a month after having my 3rd baby. I was super sore for about a month to 6 weeks after but I also had a house to run and 3 kids to take care of with one being an infant. I took a sublingual b-12 which I always take post-partum to keep PPD away and I also did some research online and I have been taking a cod liver oil from Green Pastures. The one thing I have noticed now about having my gallbladder out is I personally have a hard time eating bacon, it gives me an achy/painful feeling where the gallbladder used to be. I was told that would probably go away after my body finishes healing up but again that is just me and I have always had a hard time with pork products for some reason. I don't have a problem with gastric dumping syndrome or anything else, in fact I am healthier now than I have been for years as the doctor told me my gallbladder was so bad for someone my age that it must have been going bad for a while now and multiple pregnancies close together probably aggravated it. At any rate I had my surgery December 1st last year and now I just have some soreness at the incision sites but I know those will go away eventually. I've been wanting to start pilates up again but I'm holding off for a few more months to make sure my core has more time to heal it's only been 5 months so I figure if I give it another 2-3 months I will be good to go but for now walks and yoga will do it for me :) Hope you continue to feel better and stay better! :)

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  11:48:46 AM  Show Profile
Ibs'm having mine out Sept 11th. Be so glad because I have a stone and it keeps my liver inflamed . So my doctor said let get it out. He said
they will have one little hole one each side under my ribs a little farthere down aand a 1 to 2 inch incision where my gallbladder is and thats it. It will be day surgery and I can go home the same day. Glad.
The nurse said get here at six. I said you can save on anasteselogy (not spelled right I know) because I dont get up till 7. She was rolling laughter at that.
So keep me in all your prayers please!

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Gallbladder pain? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page