Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Transdermal Magnesium Therapy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Transdermal Magnesium Therapy Next Topic  

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  10:23:24 AM  Show Profile
I am not sure if any of you Chickens have read about this, but I have started it and all I can say is WOW! It has made a huge difference in how I feel in a very short (two weeks) period of time.

I had read about the issues that so many american women are magnesium deficient, and how many health issues this deficiency can cause in the book "The Magnesium Miracle" by Dr. Carolyn Dean MD ND. In it she outlines how magnesium is such an important element to our basic health. For example, did you know that it is imperative to have the correct amount of magnesium present in your system for your body to break down calcium so it can get to your bones, resulting in bone loss? I started with nightly Epsom Salt baths, then ordered the spray Mag Oil from Ancient Minerals. I have been using in for two weeks. I am sleeping better, and feeling better.

It is just amazing to me, that something so simple, that has been known for years, is not more widely published! I highly recommend this book, and for all you Chickens who are suffering, to ask you rDoctor about this. There are blood tests than can be done to determine the level of deficiency.

From the web site: http://drcarolyndean.com/magnesium_miracle/

Magnesium Deficiency Triggers or Causes
The Following Conditions:
*Anxiety and Panic attacks- Magnesium (Mg) normally keeps adrenal stress hormones under control.
* Asthma- Both histamine production and bronchial spasms increase with Mg deficiency.
* Blood clots- Mg has an important role to play in preventing blood clots and keeping the blood thin-much like aspirin but without the side effects.
* Bowel disease- Mg deficiency slows down the bowel causing constipation, which could lead to toxicity and malabsorption of nutrients, as well as colitis.
* Cystitis- Bladder spasms are worsened by Mg deficiency.
* Depression-Serotonin, which elevates moods, is dependent on Mg. A Mg-deficient brain is also more susceptible to allergens, foreign substances that can cause symptoms similar to mental illness.
* Detoxification- Mg is crucial for the removal of toxic substances and heavy metals such as aluminum and lead.
* Diabetes- Mg enhances insulin secretion, facilitating sugar metabolism. Without Mg insulin is not able to transfer glucose into cells. Glucose and insulin build up in the blood causing various types of tissue damage.
* Fatigue- Mg-deficient patients commonly experience fatigue because dozens of enzyme systems are under-functioning. An early symptom of Mg deficiency is frequently fatigue.
* Heart disease- Mg deficiency is common in people with heart disease. Mg is administered in hospitals for acute myocardial infarction and cardiac arrhythmia. Like any other muscle, the heart muscle requires Mg. Mg is also used to treat angina, or chest pain.
* Hypertension- With insufficient Mg, spasm of blood vessels and high cholesterol occur, both of which lead to blood pressure problems.
* Hypoglycemia- Mg keeps insulin under control; without Mg episodes of low blood sugar can result.
Insomnia- Sleep-regulating melatonin production is disturbed without sufficient Mg.
* Kidney Disease- Mg deficiency contributes to atherosclerotic kidney failure. Mg deficiency creates abnormal lipid levels and worsening blood sugar control in kidney transplant patients.
* Liver Disease leading to liver failure- Mg deficiency commonly occurs during liver transplantation.
* Migraine- Serotonin balance is Mg-dependent. Deficiency of serotonin can result in migraine headaches and depression.
* Musculoskeletal conditions- Fibrositis, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, eye twitches, cramps and chronic neck and back pain may be caused by Mg deficiency and can be relieved with Mg supplements.
* Nerve problems- Mg alleviates peripheral nerve disturbances throughout the whole body, such as migraines, muscle contractions, gastrointestinal spasms, and calf, foot and toe cramps. It is also used in treating central nervous symptoms of vertigo and confusion.
* Obstetrics and Gynecology- Mg prevents Premenstrual Syndrome; prevents dysmenorrhea (cramping pain during menses); is important in the treatment of infertility; and alleviates premature contractions, preeclampsia, and eclampsia in pregnancy. Intravenous Mg is given in obstetrical wards for pregnancy-induced hypertension and to lessen the risk of cerebral palsy and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). Mg should be a required supplement for pregnant mothers.
* Osteoporosis- Use of calcium with Vitamin D to enhance calcium absorption without a balancing amount of Mg causes further Mg deficiency, which triggers a cascade of events leading to bone loss.
* Raynaud’s Syndrome- Mg helps relax the spastic blood vessels that cause pain and numbness of the fingers.
* Tooth decay- Mg deficiency causes an unhealthy balance of phosphorus and calcium in saliva, which damages teeth. Material excerpted from Dean, Carolyn. The Miracle of Magnesium (2003 Ballantine Books: New York, NY), 2003

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  11:49:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is really interesting. Thanks for the link!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  10:21:44 AM  Show Profile
Very Interesting, and worth looking into and reading more about. Thank you for the link.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  5:20:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Margaret, Thanks for the book title. I'll be ordering that one. I'm a recent discoverer of magnesium and its importance for me. I have heart palpitations and have had for years. But it had gotten so much worse that I was ready to go to a doctor(those who know me would find this earth shattering news.). Then I bought a bottle of magnesium supplements at Walgreen's. The tablets are about aspirin sized. I started taking just one a day and after a few weeks, my heart palpitations disappeared! Sleeping through the night! No more dizziness during the day! Wow! I recently 'fell off the wagon' and got out of the habit of taking the pills and after a few weeks, my symptoms are back. I'll be starting my magnesium tomorrow morning. It's amazing that such a simple thing that has been known by the medical community for so long is not more out in the open.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'

Edited by - Miss Bee Haven on Feb 07 2012 05:32:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  9:12:29 PM  Show Profile
Janice, That is so awesome that magnesium is working for you! I decided to go the transdermal route after reading that much of the magnesium that we take internally does not actually get used by the body. It is hard to regulate the amounts also. But if it is working for you...awesome!!!!

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page

amarquardt
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Amy
Lindenhurst Illinois
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  9:13:22 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the great information. Magesium is so important for absorption of other nutrients and many of us are lacking. I notice a huge difference when I am taking magnesium and when I am not. My favorite way is to take brewer's yeast because it is leveled out with so many other vitamins and minerals that I feel I am getting a good balance.

Amy
http://www.farnorthfarmgirls.blogspot.com
http://www.marquardthealthcoaching.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Transdermal Magnesium Therapy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page