Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farmgirl Fashion
 How do you wear your cowboy boots?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic How do you wear your cowboy boots? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  5:28:47 PM  Show Profile
Today, I worked outside and had shorts on with my red cowboy boots. My high-maintenance neighbor came over just to ask me why I had boots on. "Because I can", was my answer. She well let me know that the combination of short and boots did not look good. My reply, "Well, don't look". How's that for a neighbor? Tomorrow, I will have my short and boots on again.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Primitive DIVA
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Melissa
Montgomery Texas
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  12:51:57 PM  Show Profile
Working: Jeans IN, Playing: Jeans OUT.....Going out on the town: Skirt or Sun Dress. I only own 4 pair of cowboy boots and have a pinterest board for nothing but my love of cowboy boots!

New Sister #4088
Montgomery, Texas Chapter Leader
I threw off my high heels to move to our dream 10acre Texas homestead. Goats, Chickens, Garden and Orchard and more!My current LOVE is making fermented and cultured foods/beverages.
www.healthylivingwithmelissa.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  5:07:39 PM  Show Profile
Melissa: Me, too!!!!! I love, love, love my cowboy boots. They are my favorite shoes to wear.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  05:15:27 AM  Show Profile
We wear our boots with anything anyway :). Daughter and friends (teenagers) think if jeans are tucked in it needs to be skinny jeans. Funny what we get hung up on.
Go to Top of Page

mamacass
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Cass
Smithville OH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - May 22 2012 :  8:50:03 PM  Show Profile
Honestly, I prefer no shoes at all! But my boots, I wear with anything. My bf calls me Red. I say, if the boot fits, wear it!
Go to Top of Page

Jeanna
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Jeanna
Franklin NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  06:22:11 AM  Show Profile
I either wear mine with jeans--always pants on the outside or with skirts and dresses. I really think boots look good with almost anything as long as they are cleaned up.

Jeanna
Farmgirl Sister #41

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  04:04:46 AM  Show Profile
I would love to wear cowboy boots, but with size 12w feet, it's hard to find anything in my size at all!!

I did read an article about making purses out of old cowboy boots by removing hard heals and adding shoulder straps. Sounds interesting.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  07:53:11 AM  Show Profile
Great thread. I wear mine inside my pant legs. My legs are way too skinny to wear with short dresses. I like the look of mid calf denim skirts with over the calf boots, but don't have any tall ones anymore. The pair I had my daughter sold on ebay when the Duke's of Hazard movie came out. They were custom made in the 70's and she got $90 for them, and they were wore out. I wear a pair of blue fat baby's, and two pair of lace up ropers, one pair in black, and one in red.
On some people, ones with great legs, I like the look of shorts and boots. Where do you live Beachymom? If you are not near a western store, try an online catalog like Sheplers. My daughter wears a size 12 and can find fat baby's. She has blue ones, and orange ones and several other colors. She looks so cute in them, as a little girl she had several pair of knickers and wore red roper's with them nearly everyday. She wears them with skirts, pants, shorts or whaterver she wants. Even sweats, a look I don't like.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Sugar Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Pamela Jean
Sugarloaf Ca
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  5:52:49 PM  Show Profile
I wear mine jeans out and with skirts ans dresses.

Stand for What's Right!

Edited by - Sugar Girl on Jul 04 2012 9:03:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  8:04:51 PM  Show Profile
I am wishing for a pair of boots for my birthday so I can wear them with my prairie skirts!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  9:54:04 PM  Show Profile
I tried those "fat babies" by Ariel and they are really comfortable. I have foot problems (broken from arthritis)but I think these will work. I will wear them with anything I please!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Megan
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Megan
Hudson South Dakota
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  8:28:34 PM  Show Profile
i wear 16inch high tops jeans tucked inside most of the time, if im told that it is a dress up occation then i normally tuck them in. i have to admit that boots are about all i wear for shoes, so they are worn with shorts and dresses. I wore them at my reception to my wedding, but grandma wouldnt hear of me walking down the isle with bright orange boot tops

www.rockriverexoticsandkennel.net
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2012 :  09:11:21 AM  Show Profile
hahaha! where is grandma's sence of humor! lol!

yep, boots are my footwear of choice... I wish I could wear sandles or flip flops more often but up here on our property boots just work better,,,, nothing worse then trudgeing outside in the mud/dirt or soon to be horsey poop in flip flops! lol!

and the fun thing,,, you can adorn your boots to make a fashion statement...with 'boot jewelery'...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Sugar Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Pamela Jean
Sugarloaf Ca
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  9:04:50 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by katmom

hahaha! where is grandma's sence of humor! lol!

yep, boots are my footwear of choice... I wish I could wear sandles or flip flops more often but up here on our property boots just work better,,,, nothing worse then trudgeing outside in the mud/dirt or soon to be horsey poop in flip flops! lol!

and the fun thing,,, you can adorn your boots to make a fashion statement...with 'boot jewelery'...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

love the boot jewelery.

Pam

Stand for What's Right!

Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  5:06:00 PM  Show Profile
I wish I could wear my black with pink cutout boots more often, but living in Florida I don't really get the chance with the heat and humidity. When I do wear them, they're with a skirt or with under my Jeans.

Lorie

http://thevintagegardengirl@blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cozie lady
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Mt Pleasant MI
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  09:31:01 AM  Show Profile
I wear my mostly with my jeans over them. I have been waiting all summer to get back in my boots. Wore them last night! Yee Haw.

amy r
sister #4186
Go to Top of Page

Annette Kath
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Annette
Carlock IL
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  05:33:21 AM  Show Profile
I don't own a pair(yet) but I would wear them with jeans over them and depending on the detailing, would wear them with a skirt!

I really need to get a pair!!!

Annette
Go to Top of Page

NeeNee
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

WhiTTneY
South point Ohio
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  10:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Send NeeNee a Yahoo! Message
Cass, i agress No shoes, it must be a OH thing, thats my home state. Ual talked about wearing cowboy boots with wedding dresses, I when barefoot lol. As for me an my Boots I wear them with jeans out or shirts an dresses.

FaRmGirL SiStEr# 3203
~ The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. ~
~A Bible That is falling apart Probably belong to someone who isnt~
*Being fueled with self-determination can make us strive for great things.*

http://my2.tupperware.com/whittneyc
http://hislilwildflower.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/neeneec/
Go to Top of Page

NeeNee
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

WhiTTneY
South point Ohio
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  10:33:48 PM  Show Profile  Send NeeNee a Yahoo! Message
Kathy, I have big feet also, there no as pretty an girly but i buy mens size boots to fit me an I buy the double H brand cause i have wide feet they work well. you should try them.

FaRmGirL SiStEr# 3203
~ The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. ~
~A Bible That is falling apart Probably belong to someone who isnt~
*Being fueled with self-determination can make us strive for great things.*

http://my2.tupperware.com/whittneyc
http://hislilwildflower.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/neeneec/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic How do you wear your cowboy boots? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page