True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  3:10:27 PM  Show Profile
http://www.allamericanstore.us/

I'm lucky to have an All American Store close by and this is where we did most of our Christmas shopping last year.

I always support our local store and try to only buy American made but sometimes it's so hard to understand the packaging info as to where exactly it's been made.

Great topic.

hugs,
-missy-

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  08:55:27 AM  Show Profile
I am so into this. I read every label and I buy local as much as possible too. Also in my Etsy shop I always ask folks to support the little guys and not the sweatshops in china.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
http://fiberandflea.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  09:48:36 AM  Show Profile
Buy local if at all possible and from a small business person if possible.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  11:20:38 AM  Show Profile
My guilty indulgence in the spring are these little sweet peppers... Well if I can't buy local I try to stick to USA so I checked where the peppers came from and it was Mexico, no offense to Mexico but I really wanted my produce to at least stay "in country" so I went to the other grocery store and just randomly checked to see if they had sweet peppers too and they did! Best part they came from the US not just "distributed by" they actually were grown in the US and said so on the package! That was the first and last time up to this point that I was able to get US grown little sweet peppers out of season here in WI. I was pretty excited about that :)

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  11:38:01 AM  Show Profile
I recently bought some Libby glasses because they were made in the USA. Much to my dismay - nearly all of them have cracked or broken. I was so disappointed. I won't give up, but dang it.

Just a note regarding our rebuild. We have been checking our builders supplies and nearly everything so far has been made in the USA or Canada. He says he won't "use that crap from China." I knew I picked a good builder.

Lora

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  05:32:39 AM  Show Profile
interesting posts, yeah for the lightbulbs from Cleveland(NE Ohio here) and LIbby Glass(am originally from Toledo area) we have a small store here in Parma that only sells stuff made in the USA, my family were blue collar workers and it upsets me to see jobs go out of the country when so many are hurting for work.
Go to Top of Page

felixfelicis
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Rachel
Denver CO
USA
26 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  11:13:32 AM  Show Profile
It can be next to impossible to find electronics and related things that were made in the US, but this headphone company is getting rave reviews. http://sleek-audio.com/ I read an article about them and when they first started out they manufactured in China like everyone else. However, they had continual quality control difficulties because they were working with one manufacturer but that manufacturer was subcontracting all the little components so not even the company could keep track of where everything was coming from. They decided to bring the manufacturing back to the US to keep an eye on the whole process and since then their products have been getting awards all over. They are expensive so I haven't bought any yet but I plan to. What makes them unique is that the cords are replaceable. I have to replace the cheap headphones every few months because the cords break or the wires inside get disconnected. I'd much rather buy a superior product that comes from a company I approve of and then replace just the one component as needed.

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
-Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic buy USA made Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page