True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  3:40:36 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,

I have three boys (6, 4, & 2) and another on the way (due July 18th). I thrift for most of their clothes, but have a really hard time finding good quality clothes sometimes in smaller sizes. BUT I always see really good looking clothes that are waayyy too big for my boys and think "Man! If only they could wear that."

The other day I was at Goodwill and they had a huge sale and the larger sized (14/16 sizes) boys clothes were once again in really good shape, so I bought almost everything that looked good and was not trendy. I came home and started a teenager pile..lol. Most boys styles stay the same (button up shirts and kahkis) and in all honesty I can wear all of these clothes, so if they hate them then I have a new (maybe a little manly) wardrobe!

The shirts were $2 each and the pants varied, but I never paid more than $6 for a pair AND they all look brand new.

Thought I'd share.

Much love:)

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  06:07:37 AM  Show Profile
Ashley, those prices are so nifty/thrifty. Glad you found them. Having six kids, I know the struggles of putting clothes on them, especially when they are young.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

gattani
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

gattani
jsiur rajasthan
India
1 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  02:44:06 AM  Show Profile  Send gattani an AOL message
Even I had the size problems with my kids, but I made my younger son wear all his brother’s clothes.

Edited by - gattani on May 08 2012 02:46:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  03:55:58 AM  Show Profile
Oh, they for sure wear hand me downs..lol! I don't know how in the world I'd keep them in clothes if not..lol!

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  08:30:35 AM  Show Profile
Thank goodness for thrift shops and ebay for childrens clothing. At least boys styles don't change as much as girls. I remember saving what babysitting money I could to get something "in" for school. It seemed as though the second I bought an outift that was "in", that was suddenly "out". Ugghhh. Thank goodness that I have a son. Tee shirts and jeans are always in, not that I dress him in that all the time.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  9:19:11 PM  Show Profile
Ashley, You are being really smart. You need to grab those bargains when you see them. It means spending money when you don't have to, but you should to realize the savings. Good for you!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page
  Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Kids clothes idea.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page