Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 finally moving forward with my cancer treatment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic finally moving forward with my cancer treatment Next Topic  

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  09:27:16 AM  Show Profile
today i met with the medical oncologist (MO) again. he has now scheduled me for a test on my heart to see what it can take (called a MUGA). and we were able to move up the CAT scans to this week by me driving to a different facility.
so--thursday this week i have a 915am appt for the CAT scans in one city then back to my city to the hospital for 1 pm MUGA. next week on tuesday i have a mammo (mine was done in michigan and they want their own film here), wednesday i go to "chemo school", thursday i meet with a PCP to get established and the plan is to start chemo on monday the 13th at 8:15 am.it'll just be a lil past 8 weeks from diagnosis so in the grand scheme it's within reason but it seems like a long time.....

i'm still planning to get my hair cut super short and hope to send my own hair to a place called hatswithhair.com to get "underhair"--it will be a cloth piece to cover my dome with my own hair hanging from it to wear under hats and scarves to resemble.....get this.... my own hair! it's costly (well i think it is!!!!) and if i had normal ins i could get a scrip--i doubt medicaid will pay for it so i am hoping to secure a grant from the Ladies' Aux of the VFW.the holdup there is getting the application from my leader!

having a time frame to work with allows me the luxury of having my son help me move some heavy stuff to storage this weekend and to finish arranging things here in the new apt.

i'm trying to help my sweetie man get acclimated to driving around here and he is really taxing my nerves -it's like the back of my hand as i lived here for 35 years even tho some places are new and they have added one way streets and lights where they weren't before...his age (72) is starting to bring some dementia i think-or it may just be the stresses....

i am having some difficulty sleeping and yesterday was just simply in a funk all day....doc prescribed ativan for me today and i got it filled-just in case....tho i really want to "save" them for when treatments start...

today the sun is shining and it's 50* so that is helping me!
when i got my scrip filled, i bought a big cork bulletin board for cards and such-i think it needs some lace and trim tho!!!!!!!i have to find my stash!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  12:39:03 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear that things are getting rolling for you, but goodness they sure give you a full plate, don't they? Busy!! You are in my prayers today and in the days to come. The underhair thing sounds neat - never heard of that before. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13627 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13627 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  12:45:47 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Margo, for the update . . . and the journey gets rolling. We are here for you!
I am here for you!
I am praying!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  4:41:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Margo-
Happy to see that things are rolling along for you. You have my continued prayers and well wishes. I agree- that under hair thingy sounds really cool- I've never heard of it before either. Have paitence with your man- I am sure that the stress of EVERYTHING has a little to do with his confusions etc. Its alot to grasp in such a short amount of time, and of course everyone has their own way of dealing with things.
As CJ has said- we are here for you, so if you need us just holler!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  6:12:14 PM  Show Profile
Margo, I will keep you in my prayers through your journey. If you need cards, let us know, I'll send some. Do keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  6:51:18 PM  Show Profile
marly i love cards and notes and stuff! i love snail mail!!!
today i bought a big bulletin board to hang just for the cards and notes that i have rec'd since my diagnosis...i'm going to pretty it up and hang it on the wall so that it is the first thing i see as i walk toward the desk and the front door!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  7:28:11 PM  Show Profile
I am so happy you have so much support, Margo. That's what farmgirls are for! :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  07:26:18 AM  Show Profile
sending you a big huge giant hug and love and a prayer. i used to sit in chemo for 6 hours a day. for me it was 4 times a week. for 8 years. it got old. not for chemo but for my iron. i found bringing things to keep me busy helps a lot. they would give me the same pre-meds as chemo. folks. so a little nap some visiting and some busy work helps pass the time some. we would all trade goodies. so will be thinking of you and sending love your way my friend sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  12:47:02 PM  Show Profile
Lots of prayers for you hon!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  5:08:14 PM  Show Profile
Margo, my prayers and thoughts are with you during your journey. You have a great support system and the right attitude!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  7:30:15 PM  Show Profile
Will add you to my prayer list! :)

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  5:02:27 PM  Show Profile
Honey,
Your in my thoughts and prayers. Please send me your address I have something for you.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  07:37:45 AM  Show Profile
Margo, about the ativan...I know someone else who had it prescribed a few months ago while going through a stressful medical issue. It's working out really well for him. No side affects noticed, and dependency isn't an issue unless you seriously abuse the stuff. My friend takes it occasionally (like a couple times a week) when he's having a really bad day and wants to be sure he gets his night's sleep. Based on his experience, I'd say go ahead and use it whenever you think of it not just for "emergency". I don't think it was very expensive either. I know he has money worries, being out of work, and hasn't said anything about it.
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  4:50:26 PM  Show Profile
amie; thx for chiming in! my ativan is covered by the medicaid insurance that i qualified for with cancer so it is not a worry. i have taken them a few times when i knew that i would need an exceptionally long time to wind down to get to sleep (mainly on "steroid" days! i still have to be cautious but i am using them as needed.

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13627 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13627 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  5:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Margo,
Been thinking of you and praying . . . wondering how things are going with you. If you get a chance the Henhouse "Chicks" would probably like to hear news in the Henhouse.
Take care!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  09:44:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Margo can you email me your address so I can send you a little trinket. I also had cancer and it's now 8 yrs and I'm doing fine. Going for my annual PET Scan/CT on March 13th. I will pray for you with everyone else.

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  06:05:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Margo I mailed out your package today. I hope it will make you smile a while.

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic finally moving forward with my cancer treatment Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page