Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 acid reflux = chest pain?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic acid reflux = chest pain? Next Topic  

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  06:56:40 AM  Show Profile
Any of you who have been dealing with acid reflux...can you describe the "pain in the chest" that comes along with that? I just thought it was a burning sensation. Last night I was having some pain (not burning) on the right side of my chest and my husband said it was because of what I'd eaten (pizza and beer, which isn't my usual!) and it was probably acid reflux. I said I'd dealt with acid reflux before and it had never "hurt" in my chest. It wasn't anything serious, I just noticed it was a different feeling than normal. I googled it this morning and it seems that "chest pain" can come along with acid reflux...any one know more about it? I'm seeming to have more and more issues with acid reflux....is it stress? Am I becoming more sensitive to what I eat? Hubby said when you eat good nutritious food all the time and then decide to have pizza and beer for a break...you're gonna pay!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  10:17:13 AM  Show Profile
When you go to bed keep your head and shoulders proped up. That will help keep the acid down where it belongs at night. My husband and daughter have found that having some type of bread or bagels have helped during the day since it will sort of "soak it up". The best thing is to watch what does it to you and be cautious of how much you have or if you are having problems don't have anything that will trigger more. If you are into taking meds OTC, try zantac or prolosec, both will help avoid the problems if it becomes a regular occurance.

God bless,

Judy
Farmgirl #3666

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  5:13:55 PM  Show Profile
DH has reflux and he has chest pains with it sometimes. I've had some patients (when I worked in the hospital and nursing home) tell me it can feel like a heart attack. Be mindful of what and how much you eat. DH gets the best relief from prilosec OTC. He also takes a food enzyme supplement (he also has pancreatitis) that does help--he notices a huge difference when he doesn't take it. Stress can make it worse as can illness. Papaya is really good for reflux also.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  5:51:26 PM  Show Profile
When my husband was having gall bladder issues it caused him chest pains (a lot) on the right side--

http://troutwife.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/brooktroutwife
Go to Top of Page

Hoosiermom
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Beth
Alexandria IN
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  9:34:49 PM  Show Profile
Acid reflux, chest pain (especially a squeezing pain), bloating, & sometimes back pain...all go with gallbladder problems too. I have to agree with Rachel, a digestive enzyme helps a lot of the symptoms. I notice if I don't take mine too. I notice too, that chocolate will aggrivate my reflux; unfortunately, I am not giving up chocolate!

Beth
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lu Who
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Cynthia
Bates City Missouri
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  3:55:18 PM  Show Profile
I have suffered with severe chest pains for over 15 years. Had my gallbladder removed and still had them. One time I was admitted to the cardiac floor because it felt as if I were having a heart attack. The pain was right behind my right breast, radiating through to my back and even into my right shoulder. They had me on nitro pills too. Finally, after years of suffering and no explanation, they realized I had a spastic esophagus and the pain was horrible spasims. Over time I have discovered via trial and error what helps me through those attacks. I drink ICE COLD water when I feel it coming on. I also give up dairy products and I recently started juicing (green juice) daily. Breaking down all of the processed food and not so healthy food is really difficult on your digestive system. I am learning to put better fuel in my tank. Hope this helps.

Cindy Lu Who

Farmgirl Sister #3871
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic acid reflux = chest pain? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page