Lynn B
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Lynn
Derry NH
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  11:44:58 AM  Show Profile
The other day I bought a bottle of Dr Bronner's Almond Oil Pure Castile Soap. I'm confused now...can I use it for both a body soap and a soap to clean the house with? Has anyone else used this?

I love the scent, so warm and yummy!

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  12:15:26 PM  Show Profile
I've only used it in the shower, for a time I was using the peppermint soap--very invigorating. If I remember right the label has a lot of small printing and if you're anything like me, I get bored by the third sentence...I'm wondering if somewhere in the script if it tells how to use it. Now I'm intriqued, too!

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  12:56:56 PM  Show Profile
I used to take it backpacking. It was my soap for me and my soap for when we ended up in a small town and could hit a laundromat. It washed everything! The peppermint was too invigorating for me (to the point where I would actually get cold from it!), but I love the almond.

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  2:07:24 PM  Show Profile
Yep - in my experience, you can use it for cleaning ANYTHING! I've used it all around the house, and I just LOVE the lavender scent, too...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Lynn B
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Lynn
Derry NH
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  06:09:04 AM  Show Profile
I used it to clean the downstairs floors yesterday and it did a great job!

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.
Go to Top of Page

BettyWeeks
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Betty
Cincinnati Ohio
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  06:21:48 AM  Show Profile
This soap sounds too good. Where can I get it?
Thanks, Betty

True Happiness: Something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
Go to Top of Page

Lynn B
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Lynn
Derry NH
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  07:07:22 AM  Show Profile
I was able to find it at my grocery store in the natural foods section. I've been to a couple other lately and they didn't have it, this is the first time I've ever seen it. I wonder if you could find it at a natural foods store or something like that. I'd love to find other places that carry it as well. I was only able to get a small size of it and would love a larger bottle.

there is a website: www.drbronner.com

Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  11:35:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh, how funny. I have never read all that small print either! I have only used it in the shower. It makes the best lather for shaving my legs and I love the peppermint, but it does leave me a little chilly sometimes. Perfect summer soap! I'll have to try it on my floors. The whole house will smell as if it's taken a shower!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

BettyWeeks
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Betty
Cincinnati Ohio
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  3:09:53 PM  Show Profile
Lynn, thanks for the website. I just loved it. I have learned about so many good things since joining this group.
Betty

Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  4:39:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Betty, were did you get that "something to do etc.?" cant tell ya how many times i say that to myself .its one of those AH HA! moments. ya know what i mean? thanks . randi
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  10:24:29 AM  Show Profile
I use Dr. Bronners liquid soap on just about everything...it does a super good job on floors, countertops, walls etc... The only thing I don't love it on is windows..
Remember! It is *very* concentrated and a little bit goes a long way..this will save you alot of money!
Kate

http://theknifemakerswife.blogspot.com/2006/07/knifemakers-wife.html
Go to Top of Page

BettyWeeks
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Betty
Cincinnati Ohio
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  11:37:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi randi,
I got the saying from a card. I think it was a little note at the bottom of an anniversary card. I can spend a lot of time reading cards in stores.

I took to this as it is me: I love to be busy doing something, it is so important to love people and things, and it is so good to have something to hope and work for. I especially relate this to my relationship with God, as he gave me a life to live, let me love Him and all the things he made, and gave me hope of eternal happiness.
Hope you don't think I've responded with too much, but I really do love life and I think the country and farming are heaven on earth.
Betty

Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  1:19:25 PM  Show Profile
I have bought and used the all purpose cleaning (that doesn't include your body) version of Dr. Bronners, but I was unaware that you could use the other kinds for body, housekeeping AND laundry!!!! Thats incredible.

I will add it to my list to start using once we run out of the goats milk soap we bought at the farmers market. (May be a while though because that stuff seems to last forever! In the time it took for my husband to wear down a regular bar of Dove soap, my goatsmilk soap looks barely touched. It floats around in the bath with the kids and I use it in the shower and everything.) So even though it may cost more upfront to go with the natural stuff, I am learning that it more tan makes up for it with the amount of time that it lasts.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Dr Bronners Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page