Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What do you wear at bedtime??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What do you wear at bedtime?? Next Topic
Page: of 2

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  6:55:20 PM  Show Profile
in the summer, panties and maybe a tanktop, in the winter, panties and a tanktop, I have to be cool, with no restiction, or I will toss and turn all night long...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1145 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1145 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  6:55:39 PM  Show Profile
Lol! I wear the most hideous clothes to bed. My father-in-law gave us a big stack of some men's XL shirts a couple of years ago. So, that's what I wear with yoga pants. Whatever I wear absolutely can have ZERO itch factor, or it will bring out the eczema in me. I'd love to get a cotton nightgown, but I'm too frugal right now. I'm sure my DH would love to see me in anything but his dad's giant shirts! haha

Funny story...I used to have one of those monstrous sleep shirts in hot pink. One time when me and the DH were dating, he came over to bring me something and I had it on. He said, "Oh! It's so...so...BIG." I never wore that sucker again! LOL

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Ruby V
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Ruby
Chilliwack BC
Canada
220 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  12:29:02 AM  Show Profile
What an interesting topic! For 43 years I wore full length nightgown, underwear, and a sleep bra to bed. Then I married hubby and he managed to convince me to sleep nude, as he did. It's been 13 years and now I can't stand to wear anything to bed. {laughing} When we visit mom and stay with her, I wear a nightgown and it drives me nuts, all tangled up in my legs {laughing}.

Good to know about the ambulance refusing to treat nude people. I'm not sure why that would be. I've heard of them cutting clothes off people to treat injuries. Wonder what their hang-up is on nude people {laughing}.

Ruby ~ Sister #3597
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  10:15:44 AM  Show Profile
REFUSAL to treat someone because of the lack of clothing, I thought that was an insane rule, so I called my local firestation and asked the emt/paramedics about that, they said they have NEVER heard of that, and they would NEVER do that, they have to cut clothes off all the time...anyway, they also said it must be volunteers, who have some kind of very weird/odd rules...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  11:42:01 AM  Show Profile
Well, we live in an old farm house.
In the dead of winter, it's pretty cold in here.
Typically, flannel pj's.
It's not uncommon to see the kids watching TV, in flannels, wrapped up in afghans, wearing crocheted wrist warmers and slippers (including the men), and crocheted hats - ha ha ha ha!

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  12:05:55 PM  Show Profile
Tina I know that people have to often have clothes cut off, that is what was crazy to me about it too. But, it happened here in Kansas to my neighbors. And then to me in NYC. Neither of the times was it "volunteers" as it was ambulances, refusing to put us in ambulances naked. It was shocking to me both times. However, I would still beware to others, cause I wouldn't want that to happen to others. Especially the way my neighbors were, they had severe smoke inhalation, and were hospitalized for a very long time. Yet, no treatment on the ambulance till my mom put clothes on them. It was strange for sure! Again both times I know for sure it was not volunteers.

I also wanted to add, I think fireman are a little nicer. So the fireman may treat you. I would though call your local ambulance services and double check with them. They are the transporters.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com

Edited by - MagnoliaWhisper on Jan 24 2012 12:08:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  2:30:08 PM  Show Profile
Heather, here where I live, we are treated and transported by the Paramedics/EMTs/firemen, so that rule of no clothes, no transport is really weird, and I would think that if the delay causes further medical problems or death, they would be getting sued also. Please don't get me wrong, I was not saying you were wrong, it just blew me away...I hope those rules get changed and no one suffers until then...

Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  4:41:24 PM  Show Profile
depends on the weather...but now I am wearing sweat pants and a sweat shirt with a t-shirt underneath, and socks with my house crocs(kmart brand). In the spring and summer I wear cotton draw string shorts and a wife beater...We only have 2 window air units. So it gets a little warm...
deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

avlfarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Cameron
Asheville NC
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  6:26:39 PM  Show Profile
flannel pj pants and my favorite t-shirt with a paul frank smiling monkey face on front...needless to say, I'm a single mom--might be different if there were a little somethin' somethin' beside me. ;)

It's what you do that makes your soul. ~Barbara Kingsolver
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  07:09:25 AM  Show Profile
Depends on whether the Mister is home or at his mother's house. If he's gone--flannel pjs in winter, old cotton nightshirt in summer. If he's home, satin pjs year-round. In winter, I usually have to wrap my shawl over them before bed/when I get out of bed!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  08:22:05 AM  Show Profile
Fuzzy socks and a smile usually sometimes a big t-shirt

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  08:58:10 AM  Show Profile
Nite gowns , Long ones in winter , shorter ones to knee in summer time. Can't stand anything against my legs when I am sleeping. My room as cold as my husband can stand it. Menopause crazy nite sweats get me every time. Some times I stripp during the nite if I get to hot. T-shirts and undies would be fine with me but I have boys so nite gowns it is.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  11:59:48 AM  Show Profile
Looks like we have 4 groups, covered from head to foot with wool or flannel; nude; nighties; and last the shorts and t-shirt variety. I fall in the latter. I sometimes think I should get some real night wear but the shorts and T's are so darn comfy. And like a lot of you they are the stained, holey ones that I wouldn't think of wearing in public.

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

Nana Shirl
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Shirley
Kit Carson Colorado
USA
352 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  11:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Nana Shirl a Yahoo! Message
I wear my pearls my mama gave me.....she said I could wear them with anything .....or......nothing!:)

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  12:39:46 AM  Show Profile
I'm with all you au naturel gals! Nothing to get tangled up in. And like lots of you, I learned this habit from my dh! Funny how they can influence us like that ...
Marianne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What do you wear at bedtime?? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page