Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What do you wear at bedtime??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What do you wear at bedtime?? Next Topic
Page: of 2

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  8:19:32 PM  Show Profile
I'm sitting here laughing at my night-time apparel-
Heavy white gym socks courtesy of my husband.
Strawberry Shortcake PJ bottoms
Over-sized white cotton T-shirt
Designer Ralph Lauren shin length wool sweater
...and a heavy wool triangle shawl-

What do you wear at bedtime?

...by the way it's currently 14-degrees here in the Great North Woods!

Melody
Farmgirl #525

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  9:24:40 PM  Show Profile
you sound like me...I wear sweat pants...heavy duty sweaters, wool socks & fingerless gloves when its super cold in the house like right now...in the summer hot months it may be only underwear...or my sons old boxers & a huge hubby teeshirt.....have a few fancy cotton nighties but they don't get worn very often....mIchele'.

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  9:26:16 PM  Show Profile
In the winter I sometimes wear pjs but usually much less. We have amazingly snuggly flannel sheets and a thick flannel comforter for winter that I find sticks to my pjs when I roll over which isn't very nice. This summer I found an amazing deal on sheets $40 for normally $120. They too are very nice to the touch. Luckily the deal was so good I bought two sets. So although I do like my pjs and wear various ones around the house for sleeping time they are usually piled on the floor by my bed waiting for me until morning. When I do wear pjs to bed they are usually shorts with a long sleeve shirt nothing fancy and not necessarily matching.

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  06:46:04 AM  Show Profile
Now in the dead of winter I wear Heavy flannel nightgowns and in the summer months I love all cotton nighties!
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  08:28:36 AM  Show Profile
DH and I wear a locked bedroom door and a home made comforter :)

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  09:45:14 AM  Show Profile
Tweetybird outfit(present)my fav. Sometimes bed clothes hurt me, so they come off. Has anybody felt this way. Or am I just wierd! Marlee
Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  10:02:33 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
Dh and I wear just like we came into this world :)

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  11:44:23 AM  Show Profile
My bed wear is what I refer to as my "Rat Clothes", really comfortable old clothes. Don't laugh, please, northern ladies, but if the temp in Louisiana is in the 40s at night, I have to wear fleece to sleep in. I am cold natured. I can hear all of you laughing...
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  1:00:48 PM  Show Profile
An old T-shirt & unmentionables are the usual attire, but if it's chilly, I pull out the flannel jammies!

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
www.jodieliza.etsy.com
www.pinterest.com/jodieliza
Go to Top of Page

sjmjgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

566 Posts

Stephanie
Mt. Vernon Iowa
USA
566 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  1:33:07 PM  Show Profile
Soft,loose fitting cotton nightie & a warm comforter. I sleep very warm, so flannel makes me miserable even in the dead of winter!

Farmgirl Sister # 3810

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  1:53:55 PM  Show Profile
Mainly elizabeth lee designs night gowns, flannel in the winter, cotton in the summer. My husband calls them school marm night gowns. But, he must really like school marms. lol haha

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  2:15:18 PM  Show Profile
My earings and a smile.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  2:17:30 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Used to be just like Jen and Brandee . . . but I gave it up many years ago.
Now it's a nightie tee . . . just like an oversized t-shirt but designed for nightwear.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  2:23:21 PM  Show Profile
I sleep in a big T-shirt. We have flannel sheets and a big comforter - and since menopause, I get too hot if I wear anything else to bed. When I was younger, I wore a tank top under a flannel nightgown, long underwear and wool socks in cold weather. One night my husband told me I looked like I was going camping. LOL...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  2:33:42 PM  Show Profile
Yay Campers!!

Mel
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  3:03:26 PM  Show Profile
When it's cold, I usually wear socks, fuzzy jammie pants (with cupcakes on them) and a Poison sweatshirt. lol

~jess
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  4:30:36 PM  Show Profile
I second Brandee's contribution.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  5:55:55 PM  Show Profile
I forgot to add, for those of you who sleep in the nude. Please keep clothes with in grabbing distance that you can put on fastly and/or grab on your way out in case of a fire. And NOT because of embarrassment. Because we had neighbors about 35 years ago that the ambulances would not take cause they were nude, and their house was on fire. They were laying on the ground in our yard and needed help! My mom had to put our clothes on them to get the ambulance to take them. Then a few years ago I fell in my own home nude, and I bruised a kidney and couldn't move, they wouldn't take me till my husband literally had to dress me too.

So...just beware. This was two different states, around 30 years apart.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  7:21:53 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'm relieved my pruidish self isn't the only undercover vixen. ;)
Thanks for the tip Heather! I do keep something handy nearby though to check on kids, walk to the bathroom or kitchen etc.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  07:03:40 AM  Show Profile
I'm a pj bottom girl and tee shirt. If it's chilly, I'll throw on a cashmere hoody that I keep around since it got a tear in the hem from my dog a few years back. Much to my husband's chagrin, comfort is much more important to me than being sexy whilst asleep ;)

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  09:20:25 AM  Show Profile
Old-fashioned cotton, ankle-length cotton nighties, usually. They have pockets!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  10:16:15 AM  Show Profile
Ala natural. I use to wear yoga style or flannel pants and a cami or tank. I'd add a sweater if it was cold out until I went to bed. A couple years ago I started feeling like I was being strangled whenever I worse anything to bed so ala natural it has to be. I have a very nice down blanket and thick flannel sheets that keeps me plenty warm as well as the man, a couple cats when they chose to grace us with their presence and my jack-a-poo that keeps my feet warm. Of recent I think I'm starting to have hot flashes during the night and I'll throw off the blanket and sometimes the sheet.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  11:02:45 AM  Show Profile
Tammy,you know exactly what I'm talking about. I had posted earlier that my bed clothes hurt me. Now I know I am not the only one who feels that way. So more often than not the clothes end up on the floor by the side of the bed.Thank you Tammy!
I also know about the hot flashes.!
Farmgirl Marlee
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  2:01:27 PM  Show Profile
Depends if hubby is home. Half the time he's working nights and so I have to dress REALLY warm, usually my fuzzy penguin jammies and pair of fuzzy pants. But if he's home, I need a lighter pair of yoga pants and just a tank top or a t-shirt. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes having someone sleeping next to you and how used to get to the temp of them NOT being there, and how it seems way to warm when they are actually sleeping at the same time as you!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  2:10:54 PM  Show Profile
I guess you'd have to call me a hot mama, a big t-shirt is all I can stand to have on. I'm with you Marlene, with this fibromyalgia, I just can't stand clothes touching me. Especially when I'm sleeping.

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6672 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6672 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  2:18:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh, some of you really made me chuckle with what you wear or do not wear to sleep. I use to be a cotton night gown gal in the summer and lots of flannel and fleece in the winter. But, as I have gotten older less is better old t-shirt and my undies as I get so darn hot. Must have something to do with my little Dachshund Heidi who has to sleep right up against my skin at night, and sometimes I have the other two as well, Bella and Holly. Heck no wonder I am hot, but I would not have it any other way:-)
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What do you wear at bedtime?? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page