True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2012 :  12:14:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Krystal! I really appreciate it!

Edited to add: I see that BioNaturae and Ancient Harvest both make gluten-free pasta. I will have to try it with him!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....

Edited by - GirlwithHook on Jan 18 2012 12:18:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2012 :  6:06:56 PM  Show Profile
Have him watch "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"...excellent documentary! I look at it like this--you can keep doing what you are currently doing and feel like crap and get worse OR you can change (even just 1 thing per week) and slowly start to feel better. I'm having a battle with the MR. about this very thing right now.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  12:03:57 PM  Show Profile
I like your approach! I'm a bit nervous about that one though; he struggles with anorexia, and if I even hint he's gained an ounce he won't eat supper. *headdesk* Men. I think I'll watch it myself, tonight, when he's out and do some information-harvesting! Thanks for the suggestion!

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  4:54:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Alyce, there is gluten free pasta. you can usually find it at the health food store. we did gluten free for several months to see if it would help our M.E./ CFS. didn't help us, but we did find a good source of gluten free things. if there is an oriental market nearby, you can get lots of rice noodles, buckwheat, soba etc, very cheaply. MUCH less that health food stores. also things like wheat free soy sauce and such. might be worth checking out. glad the Lyme was neg. the arthritis could be starting like you say. hope you can overcome that Y chromosome of his and get him to try some things. LoL. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  8:20:42 PM  Show Profile
There actually is a really, really nice Oriental market a bus ride across town (and totally worth the bus fare, I might add). I hadn't even thought of that, thanks!

He is out tonight with some friends I can't stand--but the one tiny positive is that one of them is a strict vegan and also cooks gluten-free. Since Mister doesn't eat meat (enzymatic issues, plus he loves animals), I know he'll at least eat a full dinner for a change.

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  09:57:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Alyce, if he doesn't eat meat, the asian market is a great source of vegetarian foods too. we loved the one we went to in Fla. but up here in the Tn. hills, there isn't one nearby. Hope you did something good for yourself whilst he was out with his buddies. sending good energies your way. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  3:53:25 PM  Show Profile
SO very true!

I did, actually; I ate hot Grape-Nuts for supper and watched some British mysteries on PBS.

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  08:51:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi Alyce, now that sounds like a girls night in. what mysteries did you watch? my family loves Midsomer Murders, Inspector Lewis and such. we do a lot of Netflix round here. take care Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  09:07:00 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
His adrenals might be fatigued from all the stress and stuff. Check out Adrenal Fatigue by Dr. James Wilson.

It has all kinds of weird symptoms. Most doctors discount this. I have felt wonderful after reading this book. You can get it at Amazon.

Good luck!

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  11:53:16 AM  Show Profile
Phyllis, I watched Hercule Poirot followed by the Jeremy Brett version of Sherlock Holmes. I want to get "into" Midsomer Murders, but it seems like I always catch it in mid-storyline! I haven't watched Inspector Lewis, but I'm always looking for a good mystery; where do you suggest I begin?

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  11:54:07 AM  Show Profile
Amy, thank you! I will have to get that book; I've heard of the condition once or twice, but it never crossed my mind here.

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  07:16:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi Alyce, Amy has a good idea about the adrenals. he sure has been through a lot that could put strain on the adrenals.

as for the mysteries, do you have Netflix? it's a good source for British T.V. there is a web site called Acorn, that has the first Midsomer series on sale for around 10 dollars, that's a great price, they also have a Netflix type thing that you can watch online movies.

we love Poirot also. and we love Miss Marple with Geraldine McEwan especially. If you even was Inspector Morse, Insp. Lewis was his junior officer and now has his own series.
can you tell I watch a lot of British T.V. ? LOL. Hope all is well with you today. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  07:44:54 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, I'm starting to think that's the root of a lot of it!

We don't; just couldn't justify it right now since the Mister likes his pay-per-view (he can get a British music show there that I haven't seen listed anywhere else). $10 is an AWESOME price! I will have to check that out, thanks!

*facepalm* I should have thought of that; I never caught Inspector Morse steadily, although I've watched it from time to time. I do watch a fair bit of British television myself when I have time (love me some Doctor Who and the first two seasons of Torchwood). Do you watch Britcoms too?

Hope you're doing well today!

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  12:15:36 PM  Show Profile
when It comes to time, I spend a lot of it sitting around. today is a can't stand up without my heart rate going way up and extreme weakness. so, I have lots of time to watch t.v. and read.; ) I thought the price was excellent. we already purchased the first 6 yrs, working on getting the others. we have Midsomer Murderathons. LOL.

I do love the Britcoms. I haven't seen enough Dr. Who to get hooked, and haven't seen Torchwood. wll have to check it out on Netflix. I like the old britcoms like Are you being served?, Keeping up Appearances, Last of the Summer wine. lots of it is silly and mindless, which seems to fit me lots of the time. LOL.

Hope you and the Mister and having a good day. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  3:29:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh gosh, definitely time to relax! I hope you feel better tomorrow! I have to admit, I kind of envy the downtime (working 60+ hours a week right now).

Don't bother with any Torchwood past the first two seasons IMO; they changed the cast and the entire formula. Are You Being Served? is a favorite of mine, as well as anything with Rowan Atkinson.

Thanks...I've been at work since 7:30 am (it's 5:28 here and I have half an hour to go). The Mister got to stay home and nap. Hmph! *grin* Hope you are feeling better and having a good day!

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  4:14:27 PM  Show Profile
hi Alyce, no worries, it's a chronic illness that does this all the time. I'm used to it, don't like it,but I'm used to it. : ) oh I know about those long weeks. back when I was working home health and hospice, I did those long hours. I enjoyed working, but always looked forward to retirement, this was NOT what I had in mind. LOL. l

thanks for the heads up on Torchwood. we love Rowan Atkinson too, watched a couple of hours of Thin Blue Line last night. LOVE IT!!!!

hope you are home resting up and enjoying some down time. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  1:03:46 PM  Show Profile
Wow...I'll pray and make offerings for you.

Thin Blue Line is my hands-down favorite Britcom of them all! (It's quite possibly my favorite comedy, period.)

Didn't get much time to relax as the Mister is sick again--but at least we finally ate the crab cakes! I've taken everyone's advice and put together a shopping list that I'll be ordering tonight. Thanks so much!

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  3:46:27 PM  Show Profile
Alyce, hope your hubby is feeling better today. It's so hard when the ones you love are sick, especially when you can't fix it. Hope you can find something to help. will be keeping you both in my prayers, and sending positive energies.

Hoping today was a better day. glad to find a fellow Thin Blue Line fan. I laugh myself silly. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  08:21:33 AM  Show Profile
Thank you! He had another relapse; unfortunately, he scheduled a trip and can't get out of it. He's going to be a wreck when he gets home--but at least he'll be coming home to a lot of immune-system boosters!

I hope you're having a better day today! Agreeing on Thin Blue Line. One of the few fond memories I have of my mother is watching that show with her and laughing until we could hardly breathe. (I can still quote some of the scenes verbatim, which should probably worry me more than it does.)

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  10:34:28 AM  Show Profile
oh, so sorry to hear the Mister had another relapse. bless his heart and to have to make a trip on top of it. Hopefully some of the immune boosters will help.

ooh, girl, I can't pretty much quote the whole of Thin Blue Line, so maybe we both better be worried about each other. LOL. hope you are having a good weekend. hugs Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  10:52:39 AM  Show Profile
I hope so, thanks. He took an "odd job" repairing a satellite hook-up for a friend's aunt in another town, and we knew it would have to be an overnight stay because of the weather. The bad news is that this is going to have to be his last job for that family--they have given him pretty frequent work--because he finally realized that his so-called friend has designs on him. He never could figure out why she always hovered over him when he was working. The man is so naive when it comes to women sometimes. *sigh*

I think the best solution for both of us is more British television. *hugs* How is your weekend going?

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  11:29:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Alyce, bless his heart, doesn't know a predatory female when he sees one. LOL. hope he made it home safe. ; )

sorry it took me so long to answer, had a few really bad days, couldn't think straight to post. I know, whine, whine. LOL.

like your more British t.v. plan. ; p hugs Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  11:32:40 AM  Show Profile
Oh, the man is so naive sometimes I wonder how he made it to 38. *grin* He made it home safe, but I think a bit uncomfortable. Apparently she out-and-out propositioned him.

Whine away if you need it! I'm all ears. :) I figured you were busy or something; you've been in my prayers. How are you feeling today?

*HUG*

Go to Top of Page

amarquardt
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Amy
Lindenhurst Illinois
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  8:15:00 PM  Show Profile
B complex, Vitamin D and Omega-3's are a great basic line of defense.

Amy
http://www.farnorthfarmgirls.blogspot.com
http://www.marquardthealthcoaching.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  08:36:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Amy, thanks for sharing the info. I'm working on regulating our immune system as our illness has just been found to be a possible autoimmune illness.

Alyce, I'm doing ok. just fed up with this illness. with all three of us dealing with it, we have days that no one feels up to doing anything, makes life a challenge. Hope your day and Mister's is going good.

blessings to all Phyllis
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Wiped out immune system Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page