Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Betty Crocker's Kitchen Gardens book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Betty Crocker's Kitchen Gardens book Next Topic  

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  6:24:24 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone seen this books before? It's awesome! I came across it seconhand. It's written by Mary Mason Campbell and illustrated by Tasha Tudor! It says that it was published in 1971, but it really looks more vintage - like 1940s or 1950s. I love it. I've been fascinated with it and have been reading it along with all my seed and plant catalogs.

Thought I would share. If anyone wants to find a copy, your best bet is the library or a secondhand bookstore.

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  6:56:28 PM  Show Profile
It looks like there are several different issues. The one about herb gardening looks very interesting. I saw a few used copies available on Amazon.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  7:49:13 PM  Show Profile
The material and illustrations look a lot more vintage than 1971, but I couldn't find any info in the book about an earlier publication date. Although, it's hard to teLl with Tasha Tudor because all her work looks wonderfully old-fashioned and vintage (and I mean that in all the best possible ways because I am a huge fan of hers!)

Glad to hear there are some copies on Amazon. It's a great book.

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Betty Crocker's Kitchen Gardens book Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page