knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  04:16:21 AM  Show Profile
Julia, It is true that cancer may have been too strong of a word from your point of view. Although, I do know people who have torn their families lives apart and nearly destroyed their own over doubt (in everything, not just the Lord). So, it can be a serious life issue. Luckily, I can not compare to that, so an infected splinter would probably be a better comparison for me..lol.

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  11:08:58 AM  Show Profile
Question Two: About writing down our prayer requests and answers....

When I was new in my walk with The Master I often wrote down my prayer requests and God's answers. I found it a good lesson in being able to see how God really works in answering prayer and how He does not work on our time-table or our agenda.
I soon learned too that I was treating God almost like Santa Claus or a Gini in a Bottle-giving him my wish list and asking Him to fulfill it for me.
Now as I have walked longer with Him I know that he knows my wants, needs and desires even better than I do. And I have often seen him meet a need or want or desire even when I haven't spoken of it.
And I believe because now, I have learned to ask him what is on His agenda/or to do list for us every day and to not give him mine and ask him to help me check it off item by item. If we are in tune to God's agenda...we will be thrilled by life's little interuptions in our day, because we will see them as divine appointments not a nuesance to our schedule. We will know that a divine appointment was on his agenda and we will be anticipating it and thrilled when it happens.

I have also found that when God is seeminly "silent" as a few of you brought up...that He is merely working behind the scenes on my behalf and I can trust him and be content in that knowledge.

Have you ever prayed about a situation and later realized that God had answered it but just not in the way you thought He would? That happens to me all the time...and I recognized early on that alot of times when I prayed I also had a specific way that I wanted or expected God to answer. (Again) almost pushing my own agenda and will on Him. Shame on me. God wants me to come along side His will and His plans not visa-versa. He is The Master we are the students, we are to learn at His feet, no matter how long it takes...for us to begin to recognize that still small voice from with-in.

When listening for that gentle voice our world around us Thunders for our attention. I won't write down my laundry list of things that vie for our attention in this very noisy world. But only when we are quiet before Him can we hear that small voice from within. That is why God says, "Be still and know that I am God." Even Jesus, continually went away to the Garden, or on a hill overlooking Jeruslem to be alone with His Heavenly Father.

I loved verse four when God talks to Balaam through the
voice of an Ass. I love God's sense of humor don't you? Balaam was acting like a stuborn jack-ass himself...so God spoke to him through a jack-ass. That got His attention I am sure!

And Saul never saw God more clearly than when God struck him blind. That is a lot to think about and meditate on. God not only changed Saul's visual direction but he changed the inner man and made him a mighty man of The Way/The Good News/The Truth/The Word...not a man of RELIGION. He became a man of RELATIONSHIP with Jesus/God/Holy Spirit.
I am a Follower of Jesus but I am not RELIGIOUS in any way shape or form. I detest Religion! I love Jesus!

Jen...I liked what you said about The Word being not only an Instruction Guide but it also being a letter. I do view the Bible as God's love letters to me.

Question 3...Have you ever consciously disobeyed God?

I have to answer yes, just like we all will, because we are all sinners saved by grace. Do I have regrets? Yes and No!

It is hard to regret things that turn out to be your biggest life lessons. The stepping stones of life that lead you first away from The Father's will but then he turns around and uses those very things for good not bad....as He turns you back around towards himself and embraces you in those wonderful waiting arms of forgiveness and love.
I can also tell you this when ever I have flat out disobeyed...I discovered that God used somebody else to accomplish his will. See, he really doesn't need our help in anything...but he allows us to come along and be apart of the Joy and the goodness and the Mercy of His Loving Nature and will. Everytime I do not obey...he merely shows me what I missed out on...and that he chose to use someone else to help him accomplish His agenda. We can never thwart God's Plans and His agenda by our own ego (as Julia stated) or our own stubornness or our own short-sightedness. His will is going to be accomplished...with or without you. It is your choice whether you want to get in on the Joy and Victory Party or not. I have learned that I would much rather be a blessing to others and receive the joy that it brings to my heart and soul than to stamp my foot at God in a bit of a temper-tandrum because I wanted things my way. Not anyone elses. ~ My only regrets are not being a blessing to others and how my wrong choices have had a rippling affect in the lives of others.
When we make a wrong choice it does not just affect our lives...sin is sin because it hurt someone.

Next Question about God speaking to us in visions and dreams...I absolutely know he does. He has given me visions and dreams but not necessarily of future happenings. He gives me the words to my inspirational poetry in my sleep. And I have to get up and put paper to pen and write them down immediately. He has also given some to me in the day. It is of His choosing...but I believe He knows I am quietest in my sleep. LOL He has helped me solve perplexing problems in my sleep and when I awaken I know just how to Handle them God's way.

I also believe that the Heavens and the Earth Declare His Glory. I cannot see a sunrise or sunset without praising the God of all Creation. My youngest son Shane when he was around three...explained it best...when we were in the car for a ride and God gave us a Glorious Sunset. He said, "Moma, look God has prettier color crayons than I do." He recognized the Glory of God in the beauty of His Creation.
Indeed...out of the mouths of babes.

I believe God's fingerprints are everywhere but the saddest I would be is if they were not all over my Heart!

This is a picture of a Morning Glory I grew last Spring...it shouts God. In fact I called it
"God Light". If that doesn't declare his Glory I don't know God very well.

I am loving all your answers, questions and comments. Bible Study thrills my Soul.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 16 2012 11:48:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  11:22:46 AM  Show Profile
The picture of that morning glory blew my mind!! I shall carry that with me all day. Thank you so much for sharing it!!

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  11:30:11 AM  Show Profile
Julia...the beauty of it, wasn't just in that one flower...(and the light didn't come off a camera flash) all the flowers looked just the same way. They amazed everyone who saw them! They amazed me!!! I love when
God speaks like that don't you? He continually WOWS me!

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  1:30:37 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful, Peggy!

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  6:18:43 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn, do you know what I love love love?
I love that as I was reading some responses I was thinking, "I have not seen PeggyAnn's response yet. I hope we're cool. I'm certain we are. I hope she realizes the depth of discussion she brought to this bounty. I hope she knows how many more people she has more than likely brought to the bible..if for no other reason than a budding curiosity." I saw your morning glory but didn't for a moment notice that it was YOURS! I was just completely stunned by it. I thought, "My, that she can see God so clearly here..This is a woman who understands my point of view!" I made my comment and then when I saw the others that followed and realized that it was you, I was absolutely giddy! "God in action..God's umbilical connecting each of to all things!" This humbles me so completely and makes me smile such that my face hurts!

PeggyAnn, to the sacredness of you and the beauty you possess, I bow deeply.

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  05:12:57 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful! Beautiful! Morning!

I think I now understand why I was called to lead this study. Simple answer: I needed to rededicate my life to God.

I was working early this morning on my Bible while the house was quiet on section 5 of this week. In the additional verses section Genesis 41:1-43 is what I was working on. I decided that after I finished the entire section I would go back to Genesis and look something up. Well, I did and I could NOT find what I was looking for, so I just started to leaf through the pages that came before Genesis and this is what I found in BOLD BLUE PRINT. "Heavenly Father, I want to be a real Christian. I realize my sins have seperated me from you. Please forgive me. I believe Jesus Christ paid the penalty for my sins on the cross. Please come into my life, Lord Jesus. I want to follow you and obey you forever. Amen".

I had big tears well up inside and just knew that this was 100% what I needed. Maybe the point of it all for me. The feeling that I have in my heart at this moment is pure happiness and love.

I just wanted to share what I read. Maybe I'm not the only one who needs to read the words I read this morning.

I love you all.

~Ashley
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  06:49:16 AM  Show Profile
Question: What voices are competing for your attention? Find a quiet place to get alone with God. Worship, pray, and listen.

Interesting enough, I was reading my daily devotional yesterday and it was connecting my thought. It brought my thought to how the devil competes for our attention, and how I have been listening recently.

The topic was "Wait for Peace."
(Psalm 85:8)

Here are portions that spoke to me:

"When the enemy, the deceiver, speaks to us, he cannot give peace."

"If peace cannot hold its weight against the guidance you have heard, then don't proceed..."

"Peace is confirmation that you are truly hearing from God and that your timing is right to take action."

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  12:07:46 AM  Show Profile
Ashley...I loved what you shared. Being a Bible Study Teacher to me means that I must keep myself Teachable
at all times. It never means I have all the answers. It means I first study and learn at the feet of Jesus,
so that I can merely pass along the truths that he has given to me first...through personal study and prayer. So, you have learned the first lesson of a good teacher...Be Teachable! Never think that you have arrived...because this side of Heaven...we are ALL students of our Rabbi Jesus (Rabbi means Teacher).

Julia...my friend, you and I seem to be wordy students, don't we? LOL We are probably scaring others off from sharing...I hope not. Ashley...just reign us in if you need to. You're the Leader. I think I understood your comments about my Morning Glory and How I see God in all The Universe/His Creation shouts
His Praise. But please do not bow down to me girlfriend, I am nothing!!! The only righteousness within me
is God's Spirit....the ME part is filthy rags. God says in the word, "Apart from Me you are nothing." Amen to That! And He knows it and I know it. Any good in me...is just like The God Light in my Morning Glory...it is God shining through me.

Kristina...God has been showing me alot about 'Peace' too in my personal daily devotion. When we breathe him in, feast on him and drink from his fountain of wisdom and truth...we know the Perfect Peace that passes all understanding.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  05:18:13 AM  Show Profile
Topic 3 is posted!

~Ashley
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  09:10:45 AM  Show Profile
Sorry that I'm just now posting on last weeks. Scripture is the living word. So many times I've made decisions that I knew were risky and pretty much knew God wouldn't approve of. Not wanting to wait to hear him speck or show me the way. And I feel he has allowed situations that did not go well. At times it was very hard and painful. Yet I feel that I have grown stronger in him and he's provided me with patience and desire to follow his word and to wait for his guidance. I'm going to share a story of just this last weekend. I was attending a baby shower for my DIL and my ex's wife was to be there. I called Linda(praying granny) that morning and ask her to pray for me. This lady was a friend of mine for 23 yrs. and my ex. decided he'd rather be with her. I turned into a hateful person and wished the worst for them both. My hate was so strong that I become terribly ill. I than realized I would have to forgive both of the, for me to grow. And ask forgiveness for the awful feelings I was carrying around with me. Don't get me wrong, it still hurts and I feel anger but I know I have the Lord walking with me. When I know that I will be around them I pray for guidence. The last few days I've thought about how the Lord has answred my prayers. Our time at the shower went well. I know that if I had not believed he'd get me through this, I could of easyly opened my mouth and not been kind. But the miracle of it all is I didn't feel the hate for her. My heart opened up with saddness and sorrow for her.As for the question about writing down what I ask of God~guidance~and how he answered. I just realized I had just done that above. I'm sitting here feelng peace in my heart. How has God spoken to me through his creation. Just the beauty, the season changes preparing for the season ahead. A new born baby, the creation and Birth. Love at first site. The list is on going if only we would open our eyes to see. I know this is a little long, but when I do get started, it seems he just keeps filling me up with more to share. This has been a really good scripture study.

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  10:26:27 AM  Show Profile
Brenda,
You have shared beautifully! I am so very thankful that He is a God of grace, forgiveness, and strength! Every single one of us need to listen to His voice more and less of our own. Yet, It is one of the hardest things that, as humans, we seem able to do?! I know it is that way for me.
I am so thankful for Him, His Word, and the freedom to learn from one another!

Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart

Edited by - prayin granny on Jan 17 2012 10:28:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  12:27:49 PM  Show Profile
Brenda...loved your sharing. God is so gracious, kind and gentle towards His children.
I have often shared that IF we don't forgive someone it is like taking a bottle of poison,
drinking it ourselves and waiting for the other person to die. Who is affected by the
poison ? We are! Nobody else...because hate eates us up from the inside out. You shared
that you had become seriously ill from your hatred...but now dear sister...you have
found that Peace the Passes All Understanding. The ex-friend didn't change, your ex didn't
change, your circumstances didn't change...but because you asked God for guidance...He
changed you from the inside out. Beautiful!!!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 17 2012 5:13:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  1:48:54 PM  Show Profile
Peggy thank you so much for your posting. I know God knows we are all going to do wrongs. And there again and again, for us to call out to him. But when you put it as you did, they haven't changed, I have, for I have peace in my heart and mind. I'm not fooling myself, I'm still going to hurt when I'm around them, but maybe a little less each time. I absolutely love the bible study where we can be who we are and share with each other.

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  4:35:53 PM  Show Profile
Ashley, that is exactly why I needed this study myself. Thank you for sharing. God is calling all of us. Some to come back to Him and others to just come to Him who have never known Him. I am in a Bible study here and we are studying about heaven. Very interesting for sure.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Topic 2: Jan. Bible Study Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page