True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  06:45:42 AM  Show Profile
Hey All:

I had some "Beautiful Belly Balm" left over from my last pregnancy and I used the last of it. So, I looked online and boy have prices gone up!

So I thought I'd make some for myself. Do any of you have any recipes you'd be willing to share? I just can't afford these crazy prices!

Much love,
Ashley

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  11:05:48 PM  Show Profile
I found this recipe for a friend earlier (well, in November last year). I haven't tried it myself (all my stretch marks are faded & white now....
Hope it helps!

Dr Gillian McKeith's Incredible Edible Anti-Stretch Mark Cream
1/2 avocado (soft, ripened)
6 capsules Vitamin E
4 capsules Vitamin A
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
5 drops liquid zinc or 2 capsules 50 mg zinc powder
1/2 teaspoon blue-green algae powder (optional)
1 teaspoon silica liquid (optional)

Method:
Mash a soft, ripe avocado until it forms a creamy paste. Open the capsules of vitamins E & A, & pour the contents of these vitamins into the avocado cream. Add all the other ingredients & mix into the paste. Mix well together. Rub the cream into all relevant areas. Allow the skin to absorb cream for 30 minutes each day. It won't get rid of stretches that are already there, although it may help to lessen their appearance. It also has an incredible softening &nourishing effect on the skin. Your skin will have access to the nutrients it needs to help lessen the future appearance of stretch marks.

*Note: Add lemon juice to preserve the cream. (I think I'd probably store it in the fridge too!)

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  04:37:58 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Pam! I'll get the few things I need and give it a whirl:)

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page
  Try This: Previous Topic Stretch Mark Rub Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page