kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  07:27:38 AM  Show Profile
I was just looking at my kitchen. On the counter I have a bottle of B Complex, some empty syringes, some filled with Banamine. Also some scraps for the chickens and some for the goats. A compost bucket that goes into a cold frame and the chickens get that. Sometimes there is a wire chicken egg basket full of eggs. But not right now. A black rubber water bucket to haul water to the animals when theirs is frozen. Usually some hay and mud that's been tracked in. Dog bowls. I don't think a kitchen in the city would look like this. Maybe the dog stuff. I like my kitchen most of the time. It pretty much stays like this. With some form of animal stuff somewhere in there.

What's your farm kitchen look like?

Kris

Happiness is simple.

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  07:31:03 AM  Show Profile
Oopps, forgot the muddy boots by the door! And the old farm jacket I use to feed in with hay in the pockets and mud splatters.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  08:14:33 AM  Show Profile
Kris: Good description. I don't have a farm kitchen, but what you described made me think back of my Grandmother's kitchen. She kept a broom against the side of the kitchen door. She was always sweeping up the floor in the kitchen.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  09:04:32 AM  Show Profile
I have had bummer kids and lambs in my kitchen, along with bottle pigs, on top of everything you mentioned, and of course dogs, cats and people...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  10:33:12 AM  Show Profile
When we bought this place 7 1/2 years ago, there were 2 brooms here. The good kind with the red handle and the real straw. I still have them. The one I use here is all curled. But very well used and still does a great job. The other one has been used in the milkroom on the concrete floor so is not in as good a shape as the house broom.

I have my bottle babies in the laundry room right off the kitchen. My kitchen is probably only about 10 feet wide and maybe 15 feet long. So not much room in here for more than it's got right now. I raise chicks and bottle kids out there. It's safe from cats and dogs. Never had a bottle pig.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic My Farm Kitchen Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page