Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Pink escaped, but she is back now and....more
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Pink escaped, but she is back now and....more Next Topic  

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  11:16:41 AM  Show Profile
Pink escaped this morning. She has been very very afraid this past week of all the fireworks they were already shooting here. She was trembling, hiding in a far away spot in the shed etc. Even slept with me last night...ON MY BED which she never ever does otherwise. So I didn't mind.
I looked everywhere but couldn't find her, called out...nothing. HAD to deliver the mail but along the way I kept my eyes open if I spotted her. Nothing, I had left my backdoor ajar so she could get inside if she wanted to. When I got home...no Pinky :( Called every half hour....nothing. Went to someones house for a New Years drink this afternoon, when I got home...still no Pink.

This eve after calling her I got out my flashlight and spotted her, UNDER my very old folded and broken umbrella in the garden. She was cowered in the back against the wall, all tiny and trembly, SO afraid of all the noise. I tried to coach her inside to no avail.....tried again and IN she ran like a lightning rod!! PPFF I am so happy. Now she is in the shed again, cowered in the far corner but at least she is inside....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are SO many very very loud bangs of heavy fireworks I don't like it, in fact... I hate it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My brother and brother in law called at six o'clock my time, they are 6 hrs ahead of us so they are already in the New Year. SO good to hear their voices
It is a little after 8 PM here, so 4 hrs to go and here we will be in 2012. I am alone, watching tv with a few snacks, later will have me a glass of wine and some oliebollen lol

Wanted to wish you ALL a very happy New Year and all the best for 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Farmgirl sister # 2410

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  11:33:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh my! Thank goodness you found her, Marian!!! Thank goodness! You must've been frantic!

When is it New Year's there? I am not quite up on the time zones... Happy New Year!

Here, our goofey neighbors set off cannons, shoot guns into the air, and bang pots at midnight... I don't mind the pots so much - the kids have so much fun with that. But I do sympathize with the fireworks. Hopefully it will be all over soon! :)

Have a blessed New Year! Still praying that the "possibilities" you're hoping for all come through soon!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  12:01:36 PM  Show Profile
is pink a dog? cat?
it is so frightening when our babies get out and we worry! i have had dogs deathly afraid of fireworks and storms so i know taht issue.

thank goodness she is home and ok!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  12:14:42 PM  Show Profile
Margo, Pinky is a tabby cat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  12:27:14 PM  Show Profile
Marian, so glad Pinky is back! Poor lil girl must be so scared! One of my cats is afraid of lightning. Every time a storm comes, he hides under a step stool I have in the pantry. When I go to check on him, I can see his eyes (1 gold and 1 green) peeking out at me from between the steps. lol! I feel bad for him, but it's pretty cute.
It's always scary when a beloved pet gets lose....especially a cat because they usually don't come when they are called! Glad you got to talk to your brother and brother-in-law! What a way to start the new year...talking to loved ones!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  3:53:36 PM  Show Profile
Marian - glad you found Pinky. That's an awful feeling... We're having a quiet night here too. Happy New Years!

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  08:48:19 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my! That would be alarming!

Our dog, Bramble, was out of her bed, barking and jumping on our bed at midnight with the racket of fireworks here! I just stroked her as she lay beside me and eventually the racket stopped and she was okay!

CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  09:18:34 AM  Show Profile
Poor Pinky...I don't like fireworks either, so I can sympathize with her. I'm glad she came back safely.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Pink escaped, but she is back now and....more Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page