Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  2:20:20 PM  Show Profile
Isn's it amazing that the de-cluttering of our cupboards and closets, etc. de-clutters our inner self. I sure noticed it when I did my cleaning out process. Like you Rae, I live way too far out of town to have a rummage sale, so all my stuff goes to Goodwill. Tax deduction at the end of the year!!!! And it goes to a good cause. Even my daughter says she's starting to clean out her place now. Next is to conquer the garage shelves and chest freezer. Cleaned out the freezer and fridge last week and wow what a difference. Couldn't believe the freezer burned stuff I had!
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  3:30:59 PM  Show Profile
Annie - I cleaned out my freezer today too. Ugh... No fun and frustrating. I was so disappointed with all the freezer burn stuff. But it looks a lot better now!

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  06:37:04 AM  Show Profile
I have been so proud of myself lately in making my way through this clutter and piles of paper. I'm to the point of pulling out 'hidden' boxes and bags from the deepest recesses of closets and cubby holes. My husband has not been quiet so sure at times. It gives the appearance at times of my mess increasing instead of decreasing. It seems daunting but I'm keeping my thoughts focused on the ultimate goal of having a decluttered life.
Question: Has anyone hit a wall?
I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned yesterday. Today all I want to do is rest and 'zone out'. I think I need to give myself permission to take a break. At times I think we all do. Right now it's a good reason to take a rest, sip some hot coffee and check in on my MJF sisters.
Blessings!
Andrea
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  08:56:36 AM  Show Profile
It is ok to to take a break, we all need to regroup once in a while I paid off another bill yippeee and continue to go through things. I am not hitting it quite as fast but a little here and there each weekend, adds up in the end.

Good luck to all!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  10:00:18 AM  Show Profile
Andrea - I'm going through an unmotivated phase too. However, I tried to find something this morning and couldn't. I thought I knew where it "should" be - but it wasn't. So it seems I need to get back to it. I hope to get a lot done this weekend.

Another motivator - I have a friend who is a horrible packrat. She's wonderful person but won't throw anything out. She's in her 60s and her house is packed to the rafters - its a fairly good size house and she lives alone - she has A LOT of stuff. Before the holidays, four of my friends got together and the pack-rat friend told all of us that as soon as she retires(in ~ 5 years!) she's going to tackle the clutter and start selling things on ebay. I suggested she do a drawer at at time - you know, start small. She told us she might do a few things while she was off during the holidays. But my other friend, who lives near her, said she hasn't done a thing. I feel bad for her - she won't have anyone at her house and her adult children are frustrated too... So, when I see things piling up or some clutter - I think of my friend and get rid of it!

With that said, I know how easy it is to turn a blind eye toward something when you're busy. I've had a couple busy weeks and I think that's why I'm unmotivated - I'm just tired. So, its really important to do a little bit as often as you can. And Andrea, I know what you mean about it looking worse for a while. That's why its important to get the stuff over to the resale shop or wherever you take it ASAP.

Yes - let's keep chipping away at it...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  12:40:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies. Sounds like we've all sort of hit a wall with all our decluttering and cleaning. Me too. But I let myself take some time off - nothing is going anywhere and will be there tomorrow or whenever I can get to it.
Lorraine, that is so sad about your friend. Just hope that nothing bad happens to her in the mean time. Have seen on that Hoarding show on TV that some people's houses have burned and the people barely got out. Or the person had a medical emergency and the EMT's couldn't get in to the person.
Rae, congratulations. Way to go!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Decluttering Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page