Page: of 3

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  4:25:44 PM  Show Profile
I am working hard on starting my day with a devotional and Bible reading as well as a devotional at night. If I can get in the habit it will continue and be good. Also find my day just seems to go better!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  6:00:39 PM  Show Profile
Rae,

I recently found this blog and am going to work on her challenge to be a godly woman.

http://www.oursimplecountrylife.com/2011/12/hearts-4-home-link-up-23.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OurSimpleCountryLife+%28Our+Simple+Country+Life%29

If you scroll down a bit, she has a weekly checklist striving towards being a Proverbs 31 and Titus 2 woman.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  01:58:43 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Sharon, I just book marked the page so I can read in more depth later today. I know with God's help I can accomplish what I have set out to do! (as well as the support of some kind farmgirls on the way)

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  3:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Put it in my favorites too. Thanks for sharing.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  04:19:22 AM  Show Profile
Well so far 3 dressers done and one to go!!! Got some major garbage going here as well as donations to Sonshine Closet. Feeling good to get a jump start on the mess.

A very blessed New Year to you all!!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  07:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Have a most blessed New Year's too.

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  05:03:27 AM  Show Profile
Hello all! Well I continue on my journey. Went grocery shopping yesterday with my gift cards from Christmas, yes that is what I wanted. I am proud of my self no nonsense stuff, just stuff that we NEED. That can be tough sometimes in Walmart but we are good now again for a long time, soaps, toothpaste the whole bit kind of shopping.
How is everyone else doing??

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  07:57:41 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Found a nice small grocery store that is just basically across the street. Prices are good, meat looks better, and the veggies are grown in the USA. Kroger and Walmart are full of veggies that aren't grown here.

I am going to be trying crockpot meals, casserole, and freezer cooking.

I put out a cardboard box for my daughter. I told her put all the little pieces from the closet in the box. I also put out a plastic bin for lil pet ships, and a stacker of two bins for Playmoble. So we are going to make a place for everything instead of all thrown in a big bin in the closet. I am going to be putting a to donate bin by the front door.

We will be bringing more boxes in from my SIL's house. That is where alot of my stuff still is. I am trying not to let that clutter my apartment. We have a storage locker. It is about the size of a shed. I hate the 72.00 a month we have to pay for it. But I can store my fiestaware and other stuff that I don't want to clog up the apartment with right now. I don't know how long we will be in the apartment, so I guess it is the best solution right now. Please I know that my depression glass and such are ok because it is climate controlled.

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9392 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9392 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  09:51:57 AM  Show Profile
I too am working on de-cluttering this year. I have a huge start but more needs to go. I want my square footage back and to be neat and tidy so I can see what I have and need. Thanks for all the links everyone has shared.

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  3:12:04 PM  Show Profile
Have got three boxes going in the spare bedroom of "stuff" I'm going to donate - books, candles, tons of picture frames from DH's decluttering of his photo albums a couple of weeks ago. But there will be more. Held onto a lot of my mother's stuff when we cleaned out her house when she passed and think I'm ready to let go and donate them too - not all, but will keep a couple things. Then it's onto my craft closet. I know I keep saying this, but it's on my list for 2012 as is the cupboards in the kitchen. Trying to do just one little thing per day or putting one thing in my donation box every day. It's working. I'm feeling more and more de-cluttered every day. Yippy!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  3:16:46 PM  Show Profile
We also got a gift card from a friend for Christmas this year and I plan on using it to get meat at the local grocery store. Every little bit helps no matter how much it is. We got a box of Omaha steaks, etc. from DH's kids for Christmas which really helps with the grocery budget too.
Hey, Rae! Good to see you.
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  3:41:08 PM  Show Profile
I'm doing fairly well too. I have a box started to donate after going through my dresser and closet. I've been leaning on DH to go through his stuff too. I'm still amazed at how much stuff we have and never use. It feels good to get it out of the house. Thanks for starting this Rae.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  12:47:16 PM  Show Profile
Hello all!! Well have a tiny bit more space in the house! Also working on the not spending and keep focus on paying bills, so far so good. Feels good to see the balances going down and not constantly up.

How is everyone doing?

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2012 :  4:02:49 PM  Show Profile
Finally went through my craft closet and I'm so happy with myself. Have four bags of yarn and stuff to donate to Goodwill next week and had three bags of garbage - that on top of the other stuff I've got in boxes. Probably could do more, but will see how things go and can always do it later. This was a big accomplishment for me. Next on my de-cluttering list is the spare room closet.
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  3:41:17 PM  Show Profile
The first box went already and I've got another one almost ready to go to St. Vincent's... It feels good. I'm still working at it - but definitely making progress.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  1:25:58 PM  Show Profile
Went through some more totes and containers in my craft closet and got rid of even more stuff. I had gotten needlepoint kits, etc. to do and have never opened them up. To Goodwill they go. Also some other things that I've had stuffed away for years and have never used, so why not donate them so someone else could get some use out it them. The closet is looking so much better now. Only problem I now have is that my spare bedroom is stuffed with all the donate items in bags and boxes! Definetly have to make a run to Goodwill next week.
Sounds like everyone is doing a smashing good job on the decluttering. Keep up the good work ladies.
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  08:12:36 AM  Show Profile
This is also on my list of things to do this coming year!!! So glad you started this topic! I started the Power of a Praying Wife book and study guide and have been trying to purge through things. I LOVE the decluttering calendar and although it's already mid January I'm going to start up on it. That will help me keep things in perspective so I don't over do it, which I often do with 3 kids under 3, surgery I'm still trying to recover from! Thanks for sharing, I'm on the decluttering wagon with you all!!!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  08:35:31 AM  Show Profile
Jessica, that site looks great! Thank you for sharing it. Rae, I applaud you for starting this thread. We can all relate!
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  6:48:39 PM  Show Profile
Hey All!
Thank you so much for starting this thread!
My house is a MESS! Boxes and clutter everywhere. It's what my husband and I get for buying a house with no attic and no basement. Add homeschooling 3 kids and well, you get the idea .....
I need the sister support to keep me accountable on getting this place cleaned up and squared away.
I haven't the time to check out the websites but will check them out for the scheduling sheets.
Idea: Post your top five organizing tips.....
because I don't have any!
((Hugs to Everyone))
Andrea
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  03:06:20 AM  Show Profile
Andrea we went from a 4 bedroom house to a one room cabin so I understand what you are going through! We were going to build but decided to put the money into our farm instead and as all of you know that isn't cheap when you start with 0.

I started with dressers first as that made room for stuff not able to fit there. Once you have things to get rid of do it! Don't wait get it out ASAP. We have a used store in town next to me I donate to if I don't have anyone I know that can use the stuff. Otherwise Goodwills and Salvation Army are good places to drop as well.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  4:10:41 PM  Show Profile
Andrea - I would suggest doing a little bit each day - and like Rae mentioned, start with something small. If you try to do a whole room, you'll get overwhelmed. Also, I always keep a box to use as a central place to collect all the excess stuff - its amazing how quickly it fills up. And yes - I agree with Rae again - get it out of the house right away. Put it in your car and next time you're running errands - make sure you make it to the Goodwill or whatever you have close.

I'm still doing well and went through more kitchen cabinets. They are looking so much nicer - and its such a treat to not have to dig through so much clutter to find the one thing I'm looking for... With that said, there's still lots to do. I have to go through my bookcases next. Yikes...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  5:14:32 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Lorraine!
I hauled off several boxes of books this past week to our local resale store. I was so pleased with myself that I didn't come home with more than a Nancy Drew book for our DD. I'm starting to declutter the closets & all the clothes; boxes, and boxes of clothes! Here in Knoxville we have several large resale events so I've signed up to sale all the excess clothing the 1st weekend of March. I'm hoping to make enough $$ to put back toward paint & other house improvements. It's slow going at times but I'm seeing some progress. I'm doing as much as I can so I can have freed up time this Spring for the garden.
How is everyone else's progress going?
Andrea
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  7:36:19 PM  Show Profile
I decided to have a rummage sale this year and whatever doesn't sell I will donate to places that can use whatever is left whether it be the pregnancy center, rainbow house or homeless shelter and whatever I have left that doesn't fit into those categories I'll put on free cycle or take it to good will. So far so good this year! I've gotten a lot done so far and while I, personally can't tell, other people can :) I feel good about it thought, simplifying and decluttering my environment feels so good! I'm hoping to do well for the rummage sale later this spring once I'm done decluttering everything that way what I make can go into getting some crafting supplies and some repurposing projects!!!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  03:03:39 AM  Show Profile
One womans declutter anothers gold mine I live too far out for a rummage sale but great ideas! Nice to get a little in return if you can and invest in something else!

The battle of the "too much" continues here but it continues. Also on the $ end almost have another bill paid off, goal is no later than March so.....

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9392 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9392 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  7:46:15 PM  Show Profile
Been doing very well with the box idea. I find many things I didn't think I would part with going in the box and so far I have not missed one thing that I have gotten rid of. Looking forward to having a lighter,cleaner home.

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Decluttering Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly