Page: of 3

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  2:22:58 PM  Show Profile
Well I have decided to declutter for the new year. Not only physical stuff but mentally as well. My plan is to 1.Clear the garbage out of of my head, work on my relationship with God. 2. Go through things and get rid of what is not needed. 3. Buy only what is a true need, not a want.
That is the start. Anyone interested in going on the journey with me is welcome, could certainly use support along the way.
Would like to see where I am in 3, 6, etc months from now.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  3:19:20 PM  Show Profile
This site http://www.mysimplerlife.com/2012.htm has a calendar with small decluttering and organizing tasks every day for the year. I'm thinking about giving it a try.

~jess
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  4:33:08 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the site. I love it and am going to try to use it.
Ruthie218
Go to Top of Page

PawPawGirl
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Shellee
Thornville Ohio
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  4:41:37 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the site Jessica! Signed up for email updates too. Wishing all much success in the coming (uncluttered) new year. :)

Embrace Simplicity~Celebrate Comfort~Seek Connectedness

Farmgirl Sister #87

Shellee Rae
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  6:47:57 PM  Show Profile
I am with you. =)

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  8:40:37 PM  Show Profile
I've printed off the full calander and I will be addin Flylady to it. I also printed off a few of her daily organizer pages to try. I'm determined to get control of my house and my life.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  04:29:35 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the tip Jessica, will check out the site. I know a lot of people are doing this now and it is good to know others are in the same boat.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  05:27:14 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for this link as it is just what I need because I had already commited this week to working on it as I am off work. These are just terrific ideas!
Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  05:44:37 AM  Show Profile
I can not stand clutter---am so much happier with less. What did I get for Christmas????? NOTHING..........my son knows me and knows I am not into material things.

Wishing you the very best.......I have 2 tips that I learned recently------to organize your sheets------put each set inside the pillowcase that it belongs with and store in linen closet.

2nd is get the hanger that has the pull outs for slacks and store your
spools of ribbon on each pull out....so much neater.

Beverly Gill

There's no place like home
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  07:00:40 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad the link is useful to so many of you! Knowing that others will be using it, just may be the motivation that I need! lol

~jess
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  08:48:16 AM  Show Profile
This is on my list for the year too - last year I resolved to do this so when garden time came around I could just garden, not move piles of stuff around the house. I was less than successful due to a new job, son starting college and a bunch of other stuff - this year I have to do it though. I'm going to have a garage sale and get rid of all the stuff I've been holding on to for years.....I should say I think the mental decluttering is vital as well, but for me that will be more of an ongoing process:)

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"

Edited by - graciegreeneyes on Dec 27 2011 08:49:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  08:58:26 AM  Show Profile
This is on my list, too. I've already purged a lot of toys of Violet's to take to charity (to be replaced with the crazy amount of loot from Santa and his elves) and now I'm working on the clothing, too.

I'm also ridding myself of decorative stuff that I no longer use, but seem to keep for some reason, and even though it's a bit early, I feel like the Christmas tree needs to come down in my house tonight. I love it, but we're not home that much and I feel like it's suddenly intrusive with all the presents gone and no space to put anything.

I plan on refining space in a huge way this year in my house--my husband has inadvertenly claimed the study as "his" space" so I'm fixing up the bedroom to house a sewing/crafting table that is MY space, and the first time I see him load clothes up on it like a laundry basket, one of his hobby WWII aircrafts gets the knife...;) (kidding. sort of.)

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  2:29:14 PM  Show Profile
This is great! I am printing off that calendar and getting motivated to clean!!! Thanks ladies!
~April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  8:33:21 PM  Show Profile
Great calendar! And think, even if I'm not able to keep up with it every day I'll be soooo much better off just getting a few things done! Every little bit helps and who knows, once I'm able to see progress in one area it might spur me on to get even more done! I just need to remember to be ruthless!

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  05:05:50 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by acairnsmom
Every little bit helps and who knows, once I'm able to see progress in one area it might spur me on to get even more done! I just need to remember to be ruthless!

This was worth quoting just to reinforce it. I think you hit the nail on the head there, every little bit Does help.

~jess
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  11:38:48 AM  Show Profile
Went throught magazines, I will share with some others, and one dresser already. Things are getting lighter!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  1:38:28 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I will be trying simpler life. I started Flylady, but it is driving me crazy.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  1:58:21 PM  Show Profile
Have joined the "movement" too. You might say I'm OCD with this sort of thing, but can always use more help - especially when it comes to DH getting with the plan. He did good tho the past two weeks - purged a ton of old pics from a gazzilion photo albums he had packed from when we moved from Minnepolis to here - eight years ago. So he's on a good track. Really good calender - doing a little bit each day is great way to get things done and not feel overwhelmed about it. Think I'll make a copy for one of my DIL's who really needs some help in this direction.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  2:27:11 PM  Show Profile
Hey Annie good to see you here!! I am excited about it and the need only shopping as well.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Kim L.
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Kimberly
Knoxville TN
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  3:46:28 PM  Show Profile
Count me in! I am going to try the Simpler Life also, FlyLady is great but gets a little overwhelming. I have to remember "one step at a time."

~Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.~
Mother Teresa

Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  5:05:37 PM  Show Profile
If so many of us are going to try to use the My Simpler Life calendar, maybe we should start a thread specifically for it, so we can discuss daily tasks and how we are doing with them?

~jess
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  5:13:06 PM  Show Profile
That may be a good idea! I am not going with it as it isn't quite what I have planned for my journey but those that are the best of luck.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  11:40:46 AM  Show Profile
Howdy, Rae. Glad to see you on here too. Will have a letter off to you soon.
I am so proud of myself - finally !!!!! cleaned out the fridge and am now cleaning out the oven. After all the baking I did for the holiday it sure needed it. It actually needed it before today, but I just kept putting it off. Slowly but surely all my sticky notes are coming off the fridge door as I get things done.
Great idea, Jessica. I know too that I probably won't be able to do everything everday on the calendar, but it will give me a good start and it's a good road map for everyone and a great incentive. Let's go with it.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  12:56:28 PM  Show Profile
Ok today went through a lot of papers and threw away most!!! Just throw them in a pile for later, well enough of that, now will continue to deal with and get rid of. Went through one dresser and one to go. Also did desk drawers so feeling good.

Getting my mind set, need only when buying, not WANT.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  3:23:03 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Put a topic in Clean up to hold the cleaning matters.

I also want to put God back into my daily routine. How are you starting this? I saw a homeschooling Mom's devotional book that I really like and we are going to start doing devotionals or just bible stories at the beginning of our homeschool day.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  3:34:15 PM  Show Profile
Rae - great idea - count me in

Jessica - thanks for the link. I already downloaded the calendar.

This was on my list as well - certain areas are worse than others (my office - ugh...). Also, as I buy new clothes, I'm not always quick about getting rid of the old ones... Anyway, its good to post it and make the commitment. Thanks.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Decluttering Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page