ali2583 Alison Alberta Canada
CabinCreek-Kentucky Frannie Kentucky USA
Tina Michelle Tina Florida USA
MullersLaneFarm Cyndi Illinois USA
Linda Houston Linda Louisiana USA
sunshine Sunshine Utah USA
junebug Sue Missouri USA
jorlex Jennifer Northwestern IL USA

I will start the snail mail off this week (as soon as I organise my Christmas ornament for Talitha!)
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  7:07:46 PM  Show Profile
on the ornament swap I am going to try and decorate my tree in alot of silver and hopefully blue this year..last year everything was red..but really I'm happy with any thing..
I tend to decorate with alot of snowmen around the house... and my kids have the "kids tree".. a tree that they decorate in any style they want..(a ficus tree in the corner of our living room that is seperate from the big lighted family tree that we all decorate)so really anything works for me.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

jorlex
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Jennifer
Northwestern IL
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  7:08:01 PM  Show Profile
This is such a great idea!
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  7:09:44 PM  Show Profile
Sunshine,
I just posted the updated list. So each person will send to the person below them on the list. I just set up this list in order of joining the group and we will mix it up for any other swaps. So you will send to junebug. I am starting it off by sending the group notebook - just to write a little letter to the group - and an ornament to Talitha. So wait until you get the notebook and your ornament from the person above you on the list and then send the book on with your ornament to junebug. Make sense?
The apron swap on the other hand is one patch for each member. You can either make one or buy one that represents your home area.
Hope this makes sense!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  7:13:03 PM  Show Profile
Is there a deadline on the apron patch swap? and how many do we need to send?

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  7:33:57 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
would every one like one of my miniture hex grandmothers flower garden blocks as my patch

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home

Edited by - sunshine on Aug 27 2006 7:34:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  8:02:58 PM  Show Profile
that sounds great Sunshine.I think I'll make small printed canvas nostalgic Florida squares..something that looks like an old fruit label..for my contribution.

Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  8:03:07 PM  Show Profile
I thought we would worry about the apron swap once the Christmas ornament swap is underway. As it will be one patch for each member, you will currently need 15 (14 to send and one for you to keep to put on your own apron) - that is if everyone wants to join in. Sunshine, anything that represents you is fine - we just thought the patches of home towns as, for anyone who doesn't sew, they are easy to find and fairly inexpensive. I'm probably going to embroider my patch (with something Aussie on it!)
Best wishes,
Jayne

Edited by - daffodil dreamer on Aug 27 2006 8:11:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  8:05:39 PM  Show Profile
no ..no limit that I'm aware of, it just sometimes takes a little bit of time to record the message..not long... it will show up soon.

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  8:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I just wanted to get started ont he patch as that will take me longer than the ornament

my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  8:14:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Tina,
I just went in and deleted that info on my post as I went back to yahoo and it had turned up!! As you said, obviously just took a while.
You decorate with snowmen too?! I LOVE snowmen - that is my main theme. I think it is because it doesn't snow for Christmas here - you wouldn't get any either, would you? Maybe that is the reason behind the love of snowmen!!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  8:17:06 PM  Show Profile
Sounds lovely, Sunshine. I was hoping to collect everyone's patches here and then post them out with the chapter membership to each member. So if we make the deadline two months - does that sound like enough time for anyone making theirs?
Best wishes,Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  8:30:19 PM  Show Profile
you are welcome Jayne..I went and checked the yahoo site, all of the messages are posted now... sometimes it just takes a few minutes to register... but it gets there.

no, I usually don't see snow here..it has been very, very few and far between that North Florida ever sees snow, or snow flurries that never reach the ground...if it does hit the ground..it is only on the ground for a few minutes then is gone...

but snow in Florida is a very rare thing indeed...but it has happened here a few times in my lifetime.

One other thing that most folks do not realize is that oranges are not grown in the northern part of the state unless it is just in someone's backyard..as the northern part of the state does tend to get a bit colder and the trees risk freezing weather..
In South Florida when the weather gets too cold and the groves risk freeze..the grove foremans will usually set tires afire to keep the fruit warm /protected or set the large sprinklers on the fruit to give it an ice coating to keep the fruit at an even temperature.

But anyhow.., yes..I really like the snowmen ..several years ago I found some snowmen ornaments at Wal-Mart with cowboy hats on and one even had a cowboy brand poker in its hand..I usually set those ones up on the top of my stove in my kitchen.So yep..I like the snowmen.

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  9:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
should be good I should be able to fit those in. Funny I never got last years ornaments put away they are sitting on a box in my bedroom sort of forgotten waiting to be sorted and put in their own boxes. A sore spot with my husband. A joke to me keep, I telling him I am waiting for christams to put them away.

Edited by - sunshine on Aug 28 2006 06:09:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  10:14:25 PM  Show Profile
Yes, definitely no point putting them away now - Christmas is almost here!! Over here, there are already decorations in the shops!!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  10:18:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
Once all the members of The Far-Flung Farmgirls are registered on yahoo, should we say that is where all the chatting is done and stop using this forum? I don't want people to miss messages that are posted on one or the other. What do you think?
Also, could everyone perhaps post a message on yahoo letting us know who they are? My user name there is jaynemarti (fairly self-explanatory), but some of the members I can't match up with who they are on MaryJane's. I tried to use daffodil dreamer or some combo of this on yahoo and everything I tried was no good. So I just stuck with my name.
Tina, I didn't think you would get any snow at all there. I would give anything to see even a few flakes!!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  10:56:31 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Jayne,
Did you get my message earlier about my Christmas style?

and everyone else..I am still trying to get into the yahoo group..so dont forget lil me!! My nick name in yahoo is fg_buttercup

Oh and Randi,please tell me your Christmas style..until I can get into the room it will have to be here or if you prefer it can be by e-mail. Thanks!

Hugz to All!!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  06:01:44 AM  Show Profile
Talitha,
If you are already signed in to yahoo you should be able to click on the button on the top right hand side of the website that says "join this group". You have to sign into your yahoo account (your name and password)then when you pull up the page for the farmgirls click on the "join this group" and follow the steps.

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  06:09:57 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
i think this should be great fun

Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  06:26:14 AM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
Okay, I am awaiting exceptence from Yahoo! My screenname is Cafoulks, not hard to figure out as here it is sillyfoulks. I wanted to get everything straight. We have 3 swaps going on correct. The notebook, which is accompanied by the ornament exchange. Nance in France will be sending to me, and I will be sending on to Alison in Canada, and this all gets underway Sept. 4th, correct? But because I am done on the list I will not get or send anything for a little while, right? So Alison, what is your Christmas style or color? As for mine Nance, I am have several trees each with slightly different looks. The main tree is typically, victorian in appereance with golds, silver, creams and burgandies, and sage greed. Another tree is vintage 30's and 40's, with lots of birght colors pink, torquise(sp?) green, and blue. My kitchen is more primitive, and usual very primary, w/true red, green, yellow, and blue. Really anything goes, I find spots for everything.

Then we also have the patch swap for the aprons, 15 plus one for myself. We send these to one person and she will send out. Question, can I make my own patches, I haven't seen anywhere to buy state patches? If I can make them myself I am in.

Elizabeth

http://livingcountrystyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  06:30:02 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
yes you can make them yourself

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  06:51:03 AM  Show Profile
I have sent all of the other gals on this list who have not yet joined in..an email letting them know where to find the website for the chapter.
The only one that I could not get an email out to is Cyndi at Mullers Lane Farm...as she doesn't have the Mary Jane's email capability.
Gals..for those of you wanting to join in
Please visit

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FarFlungFarmgirls/

on the upper right hand side of the page is a blue button that says "join this group" click on that and follow the steps.

Hope to see you all soon.

Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  09:33:38 AM  Show Profile
Greetings, Tina (and gals)! I just tried again and got a "membership pending" status so let me know if I have any other steps to do. My yahoo name is nancyravisenoel. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  3:49:25 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Tina,
I keep doing that and it keeps going back to log in page...believe me I have done everything their trouble shooting told me to..upgraded to highest internet explorer etc...now it is saying my cookie setting wont allow it..but am afraid to lower that so am trying to figure out why Yahoo wont work and everything else I use does..any thoughts?? or am I going to have to lower my protection to chat there? I use MSN, here, and Talkcity, without any problems...so weird!! Anyway let me know if ya think of anything and I will keep battling with my puter and yahoo!!!
Hugz!!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  3:57:44 PM  Show Profile
Talitha,
To enable usage of the yahoo site you will have to enable the cookies for the website. I asked my husband about it and he said that there was no way other than turning on the cookies to get the site to work for you.
Tina

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Far away Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page