LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  2:27:44 PM  Show Profile
I love the recipe, notebook and christmas ornament ideas. I think AOl has a buddy chat were you can invite different people to a chat room. If you download there aim program we could all get together at an agreed time. Just an idea.
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  8:35:07 PM  Show Profile
Count me in. This sounds like fun.

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2006 :  01:00:37 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Jayne,
I love the book, ornament, and website ideas! I can chat anytime usually in the day for me here, evening/night in the states, or evening/night for me which is morning in the states. But I think our own webpage like Elizabeth mentioned is great so we can post and chat. For other chat possibilities, I am more then willing to get AOL IM or I already have MSN also TalkCity.com for a annual fee u can have your own chat room and chat free of charge 24/7 to everyone but the room owner who pays one fee once a year, just FYI. A recipe exchange would be wonderful as well! Any ideas on things we should send each other for the apron..I was thinking of patches because you can get those anywhere in the world and they often have them with tourist spots or scenery on them from specific places around the world so we could tell all the places we had in our group. I am so excited!! Thank you so much Jayne for this wonderful idea!! I will keep watch to see what other wonderful ideas pop up!!
Hugz to All!!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2006 :  05:25:25 AM  Show Profile
what about setting up a yahoo groups website?those usually have chat capabilities as well as ways to post photos...etc.
If you all would like..since I have created a group through them before..I'd be happy to set up the yahoo website for this group. Just let me know.Plus it's free and no one is out of pocket with creating a website and so forth.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2006 :  5:07:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
We now have 12 members listed. Tina is going to set up a chat group (I don't know what you call it in computer speak), so we can chat without filling up this forum. You can also post photos and other stuff. This is a list of all the members to date:

daffodil dreamer Jayne Australia
Buttercup Talitha
Verbina Randi N.J. USA
LadyCrystal Alicia Rhode Island USA
berries Gloria Texas USA
Nance in France Nancy France
sillyfoulks Elizabeth Illinois USA
ali2583 Alison Alberta Canada
CabinCreek-Kentucky Frannie Kentucky USA
Tina Michelle Tina Florida USA
MullersLaneFarm Cyndi Illinois USA
Linda Houston Linda Louisiana USA

So there is the group so far. At the moment, I was thinking I would start off the notebook - if everyone is happy with the idea, then we can make the posting order the list above (this is just in the order of joining). So I would send to Talitha, Talitha to Randi and Linda would send back to me. Do you want to do the Christmas ornament swap now? If so, just post your preferred Christmas style and colours here, then everyone can look up what their partner would like. You would also need to email your snail mail address to the person who will be sending to you - does that make sense to everyone? Next time we do a swap, we'll change the order around so it is different each time.
I also think Talitha's idea for the apron is a good one. She suggested patches from each person's home area. These are normally easily available and fairly inexpensive, and then everyone can decorate their apron with them as they wish. So anyone who wants to be in the apron swap would need to send the patches to me and I will collate them and send everyone one of each when I send you your Farmgirl Chapter info. If you could all post to let me know about the patches (let's say by the 4th September), then I can post how many need to be sent.
I hope this isn't getting too long and convoluted - I'm sure once it all gets underway, it will be easy!!
And just as an aside, Cyndi, I went onto your homepage and I'm SOOO jealous - you are doing exactly what I have always dreamed of doing (Talitha, have a look if you haven't already!) You must be one happy, happy gal!!!
Best wishes to all and can't wait to hear what you think of everything,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2006 :  6:40:59 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
So exciting!!

Tina thank you for setting that up for us!!

Jayne, I have seen the website...isnt it so neat?
Ok I am interested in everything!! lol I want to do the patches, I would love to do the ornament, of course the notebook! I will keep watching for instructions. You have my snail mail already Jayne, right?? Let me know if you need it again!

Hugz to All!!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2006 :  8:26:20 PM  Show Profile
Talitha,
I have your address - I just need to know how you like to decorate for Christmas so I can send you an ornament with the notebook.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2006 :  8:29:30 PM  Show Profile
Here is the address for the website.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FarFlungFarmgirls/

You will have to sign into yahoo and create your own password and yahoo account but you should be able to all get to the website and see a button called "join this group".

Since I didn't think we wanted the group to be open to everyone out there....I have the group as "restricted" which means that once you sign in ..a quick note gets sent to me for me to 'open the door" to you.

Once that is done you are free to post to the group as much and as often as you wish.

I would suggest that once you have signed in and set up your account on the group that you select to recieve a "daily digest" instead of individual emails..this will keep your email box from becoming overfilled and you can read the posts by members in a newsletter type format.

Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2006 :  8:41:55 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Tina, thanks for getting onto the group setup so quickly. I have been in and set myself up - love the intro page!! Can't wait to chat with you all!!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2006 :  8:44:31 PM  Show Profile
great, glad you could get on the page and get set up easily.
yoohoo!yay!

Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  06:37:55 AM  Show Profile
Okay, I'm all signed up on Yahoo group! Thanks for organizing this girls! I await your approval!

gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  06:47:29 AM  Show Profile
Ok, looks like I'm registered (let us hope)! Thanks so much, Tina; that was terrific of you to take charge and get us ready to go! Nance
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  10:33:43 AM  Show Profile
ya'll are welcome! everyone that logged on last night should be ready to post now.

Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  4:56:35 PM  Show Profile
hi tina i have joined far ..... my yahoo name has always been dolika10 and i kept the same pass but i cant post. what did i do wrong???randi
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  4:58:52 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
can I join your group even thought I am 12 hours mjf

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  5:11:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh, is it too late for me to join in too, I live too far away from my state chapter and this idea is a great one to get all us involved?

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  5:21:35 PM  Show Profile
hey gals!just go to the yahoo group and join. I have been trying to move as fast as I can on the approvals so you all can get to posting.
thanks so much for being patient with me.

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  5:26:20 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I did and you did already quick actually

my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  5:30:23 PM  Show Profile
Junebug please go to the yahoo site and join in. This is for all of us gals that do not have a chapter in our area. So yes, the more the merrier. Jayne..a.k.a. daffodil dreamer has registered the chapter name with the gals at Mary Jane's Farm so she will be getting some chapter information to send out.

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  5:57:18 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Tina,
BIG hugz!!! Thank you so much for doing this for us! I am still not in even though I have done tons to get there...now something with "cookies"..so back to the drawing board! My nick name is "fg_buttercup" so everyone knows...when I finally get in there!!lol

Jayne, I decorate in old time victorian style and colors, pink, wine, white, silver, blue(like an antique royal color) purple, and green but like a hunter variety. I hope this helps!

Randi, if you are participating in the ornament swap, could you please tell me your Christmas docorating style so I can start looking? Thank you!!

Hugz to all and I will join the yahoo group as soon as I can!!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  6:52:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sue and Sunshine,
Welcome to the group!! As you can see, Tina has set up a yahoo group for us. We are also organising a snail mail notebook (for real letter writing), a Christmas ornament swap (this is starting up immediately, going around with the notebook - I'll add your names to the list) and a chapter apron. For the chapter apron, we thought everyone could make or buy their own apron and then each member would send in a patch from their home area for each member. Then everyone can sew the patches to their aprons and have a Far-Flung Farmgirls apron!
I am getting the chapter information in the mail, so if you want to do the apron swap, I will collect all the patches and post them out to each member with their chapter membership.
Let me know if you don't want to participate in any of these activities, so I can work out the list - but for now, I'll add your names and post an updated list - here and on Yahoo. I've said 4th September to let me know if you don't want to be on the Christmas ornament swap.
Welcome and look forward to chatting,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  6:55:40 PM  Show Profile
you all are welcome..I just wanted to be of help where I could..please remember to thank our dear Ms. Jayne a.k.a daffodil dreamer for the idea and for contacting Mary Jane's Farm for the chapter info and registering the name...and for all of the wonderful ideas she has in the works for getting our chapter up and running.

Go to Top of Page

jorlex
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Jennifer
Northwestern IL
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  6:55:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh I've been trying to find others in my area! I love the idea of a web group of gals! Count me in!!!!
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  6:58:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jennifer, Another member joined in while I was adding Sue and Sunshine to my list! See the above post and just let me know what you want to join in on. Glad to have you with us - we now have 15 members!!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  6:59:52 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
sounds good count me in on all accounts. Are we making ornaments for each person or just trading with one other person.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Far away Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page