Page: of 9

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  09:14:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy and Tammy,

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your valentines! And I love that you both found ways to enjoy the cuff. As you can tell, you each got a cuff of the same sweater. I had so much fun needle felting and decorating them (I think I'm addicted to these right now!). I knew you'd both find something fun to do with them.

Peggy, I hope all is okay with you and your husband, I perhaps missed a note somewhere about the hospital, my thoughts are with you.

Farmgirl Hugs!

~Anne

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  12:38:08 PM  Show Profile
Tammy and Anne...my hubby had a minor medical surgery. I just had to be with him though.
For both support and he couldn't drive for 24 hours.

I am going to wear my cuff tonight to my Bible Study Group that I teach and show it off.
It is just so sweet. I loved it as a Votive Warmer too Tammy. Way Cute! Anne my little
DIL is in to making cuffs right now too and I sent her a picture of yours and she loved it!!

This Swap has been toooooo Fuuuuun!!! Thanks Tammy for Hostessing it and getting us all
excited in Collecting Vintage Cards!

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  4:17:55 PM  Show Profile
Anna~

I wanted to thank you so much for the Vintage Valentine Post Card it is so sweet. I truly love the simpler cards of days gone by, they are so special, so thank you. The ones I sent you and Marlee were from my Brother in Laws Mother's Album of old cards and post cards, I was so happy to share a couple of her treasures and mine with you and Marlee.

Farmgirl Swaps are so much fun and I truly enjoy them. I have been a farmgirl for 3 years and have learned that it is about gifts that come from our heart, not about how much money we spend.

So, thank you again Marlee and Anna for yet another special Farmgirl Swap.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  08:36:36 AM  Show Profile
I did not do this swap but I just got a email from one of my special sweet hens who did do this swap & got a nasty email from a hen who did not like her vintage valentine she sent......You know who you are & I am so mad & ashamed someone would hurt one of my dear hens who is kind, loving & the sweetest hen you will ever meet here.......This is not about the valentine so much as the hens giving of each other & you made it ugly by doing this to her...Don't you realize this is about love...that these little gifts to each other are because of love. about wanting to share in your life & to be a good happy part of another hen?....its not about money or value...yes my feathers are very ruffled right now...MaryJane did not create a site for this...she created a site where woman ( or men) could go & feel the love & kindness of others...a safe place where we are all equal....a place were we can come together & share a part of ourselves....So shame on you...one very mad hen...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
theoldbatzfarm.blogger.com
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  09:31:27 AM  Show Profile
As the swap hostess, I am beyond upset that any farmgirl would do something so nasty. This is the first I have heard about it...however just got an email from this sweet farmgirl who is a DEAR friend of mine and one of the kindest, most generous, thoughtful women I have had the pleasure of meeting. I am going to calm down and address this again in a few minutes!

Thank you Michele, for sticking up for our dear friend and for bringing this to my attention!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  10:19:23 AM  Show Profile
Ok....I am back...with a couple of things to say. First of all, a huge thank you to all of my wonderful swap partners and to tho other wonderful farmgirls who participated so happily and with so much love and thoughtfulness. I thought this swap went very well and was very happy about that!
Then, I got an email from a dear farmgirl friend of mine who let me know about the very unkind note that was sent to her regarding the cost of her valentine, etc. I still CANNOT believe there are farmgirls out there who are more concerned about "how much their gift is worth"!!!! How many times do we have to say that it's the THOUGHT and LOVE that matter!!!! This situation was especially heartbreaking to me given that it was my first time as swap hostess and also that this farmgirl has become one of my dear friends and is the loveliest person anyone could be fortunate enough to know! Once again, I just have to say that if you are worried about not "getting" enough, MaryJanes Farmgirls might not be for you!

Best wishes,

Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  10:33:27 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,

So happy to hear that all is well with you and your husband! I think there are more cuffs to make this weekend, hehe.

And I am so sorry to hear about the poor experience someone had with this swap.

~Anne

Edited by - annemary on Feb 03 2012 10:37:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  4:44:36 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, that makes me sad, You did an Awesome Job of Hostess and I loved it!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  4:54:00 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Connie and Anne! I appreciate your kindness! And Peggy, I am glad you and your husband are both ok!

Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  5:26:53 PM  Show Profile

Just way too cute Anne! Everyone loved it!

Wow..I can hardly believe that someone took the Heart right of this wonderful Swap!
What a way to spoil the fun for everyone. Michelle and Tammy...I feel so badly for the
friend that was the recipient of that ghastly note. Come on Farmgirls where's The Love?

This has been one of my favorite swaps! Tammy you did an Awesome Job as Hostess. You Blessed
us all richly with your gifts and swept us up in the enthusiasm....of it all! Thank You!

Praying for healing and forgiveness,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  7:55:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing the picture, Peggy! Soo cute!! I'm just thrilled you are enjoying it. I really wasn't sure how they'd be received as my only sounding board at home (hubby) wasn't the biggest fan (imagine that!). But I thought they would be enjoyed somehow. And I love making things out of materials I already have.

~Anne

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  9:02:38 PM  Show Profile
Anne, the cuffs are wonderful...and husbands are never the best sounding board for our creations! I am enjoying mine so very much...I love anything handmade, and by the way, Peggy it looks divine on your lovely hand!

Peggy, you are so right...there is never a reason to write such a ghastly (perfect word) note! I am just glad there are more wonderful farmgirls and one bad apple can't spoil the whole bunch! That person should be very ashamed of themselves!

Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  03:19:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi All :) I have to say I am upset about all that I have read. I for one enjoyed all my Valentines sent. I have them displayed & smile when I look at them. I love swaps. I do not look at them as a contest of who does this that or the other thing better. I look past that & what I look for is the love & care that was given. Tammy, you have been a wonderful hostess & I am praying for all who are involved in this episode.

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  07:46:28 AM  Show Profile
I can't tell you how pleased I am to see all the support given to my hen thur this...you have all been wonderful & I know she has been reading this & is happy to see the love coming from all of you.....For some reason I have become very protective of this hen & never want to see someone hurt her & you all have made my day knowing she is well loved even if I won't give you her name....I have found many dear hens on this site & if I know something is up I will try my best to protect them whether they want it or not......Some of you may not know me but when I love someone it is very true & like I told the hen I can become a mother bear at times.......I don't have to meet you to grow to love you.....I now have a bond with you so in my heart & mind I will be there for you in good & bad.......anyway thank you all dear sweet hens for your support to this other hen........Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
theoldbatzfarm.blogger.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  09:26:54 AM  Show Profile
Michele...YOU GO GIRL!!! We all need friends like you and we all need to be friends like you!!
That is the very essence of MJF...Farmgirl Friendship at it's Finest! We don't need to know
our farmgirls name to get our feathers ruffled with you. This has been one of my favorite Swaps
ever...and not because of the Vintage Valentine but because of the hearts of the women on it.
They are precious and we have all gotten sooooooo excited over our communications together and
our Hostesses Enthusiasm and Sweetness.

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  09:44:23 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, you took the words right out of my mouth! I couldn't have said it better. Michele, I would be honored to have you "have my back" and I will do the same, as I will for any of my dear farmgirls. Peggy, I cannot thank you enough for your friendship and support. Your kind words about my swap just brightened my day tremendously. It's friends like you that make us keep going and remember our true farmgirl spirit! I have made a lot of wonderful friends through our shared love of vintage cards and times gone by....and that, my dear, was the best part of the swap. I'm feeling the love!

Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  4:19:31 PM  Show Profile
Peggy that cuff is soooooooo Pretty and I love your rings too!! Also I now how our Farm sister feels, I had swaps that I sent things and never received anyhting back, No answer to emails and I assumed it was because they hated what I made. There are so many wonderful Farm girls on here, that it makes no Difference!Beth taught me that!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  12:11:25 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Emily~! Such A Beautiful,Thoughtful Package! The pins are not in pic, cause my cat stole both of them and I got to get the broom and get them out from under the buffet!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  3:33:34 PM  Show Profile
You're welcome, Connie! I am waiting until Valentines to open mine so I will post pictures then. Cats are so naughty, aren't they?? My girl cat, Punkin, likes to steal my hair rubber bands. I used to leave them on my nightstand at night, but when I'd wake up in the morning they would be gone. I thought i'd be clever and put it around my wrist one night. I woke up in the middle of the night to Punkin biting at it and snapping me in the wrist. Lol! Soooo naughty but ya gotta love them! :)

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  4:30:17 PM  Show Profile
Emily My cats steal mine too! Here's my Opie he is spoiled rotten we have 11 Cat Babies!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  4:34:59 PM  Show Profile

Oh My Gosh...look at the most beautiful pkg. I have ever gotten delivered to my door!
Emily, it was so stunning that I didn't even want to open it.
OK, girls more pictures...

Look at those beautiful vintage post cards and all the magnificient tuck-ins.
Girlfriend you out did yourself. I tell you getting a pkg from you and Tammy C
is like finding the pot of gold at the end of the Rainbow.

What a Gorgeous Doilie!!! Love It! I am very much a Doily person too.

Loved the heart-shaped buttons and the lace and bobbins and oh, my!!!!

And I was able to cut around the postage stickers and save enough for a book mark
and a scrap of paper to use in my Multi-media Art.

Thanks From The Bottom Of My Heart Emily...I loved it all and feel soooo spoiled.

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  4:36:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh geez! You can't tell he's spoiled at all! lol! He has a sweet lil face!
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  09:46:47 AM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Patricia,

I just opened your envelope and found the wonderful valentines that you sent. Thank you...they are adorable! Your box is going into the mail today, priority mail. Happy Valentines Day, and thanks for a great swap!

Pam

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075
Happy member of the Southwest Henhouse

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  10:13:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy! Sooo glad you liked it. I love putting packages together. I remembered that you said you like anything hearts so I thought of you right away when I saw that doily at the antique shop :)

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  1:15:40 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, Love the pics!! I felt the same way when I got Emily's package! I found this Flower Card Holder at a junk store this morning on the way to the Post office! I am so loving this Valentine's day this Year!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Vintage Valentine Card Swap Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page