Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  1:18:47 PM  Show Profile
Emily,It is hard tell Opie is Spoiled! LOL!! I had to put a Blanket on the Printer for him to lay on. Cats just love to Hang out and see what your up Too!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  9:40:06 PM  Show Profile
You are welcome Tammy and Maddie. I am still in Virginia with my parents and rarely get on here right now but just wanted to let you both know I loved mine from you as well! And Tammy you have been a really wonderful hostess, don't let anyone tell you differently! I wish I could show you my collection as I've been collecting for years and have close to 300. I just love Valentines!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  01:16:15 AM  Show Profile
Connie...don't you just love card holders like that? Your is very cute. I have several too. I
will post a picture later...you can't see the holders for all the cards I have on them at the
moment! LOL Your cat does look rather cozy and comfy all sprawled out, taking a snooze!

Emily...you do make a beautiful package girl. I can tell with you that it is true what they say about "Presentation Being Everything!" I don't think I have ever come close before to crying over having to open a gift because the wrapping was so gorgeous and it was the Mailing Wrap on top of it. Sooooo beautiful! From my Heart to Yours...Thanks for the Joy! And I wondered if you made the heart doilie or bought it. I love it!

Ginny...oh my gosh, are all 300 - Valentine Cards???? Wow...you and Tammy need to get together and compare cards. LOL That sounds like soooooo much fun too doesn't it!

I tell you this has been my best Valentines ever!
Well, maybe except for when the coolest kid in my class in 5th grade (Randy)gave me a Hallmark (adult) Valentine Card and wrote "I Love You Peggy" on it! That might top this! LOL
The sad thing is, my best girlfriend had a mad crush on this kid and so she asked me to rip up his Valentine...if I wanted to stay her friend....and I did it! Can you believe that??? Was I pathetic or what? ~ But years later (I had moved away the next summer)...
he called me my Jr. Yr. of High School and and asked me if he
could come to our City (a good 3 hrs away) and take me out. Now if
that isn't true "Puppy Love" I don't know what is. And of coarse I said, "Yes!!!!" and he was still the cutest boy I'd ever seen in my life.
I always felt like I got revenge on Margo after all was said and done. Hee Hee! Randy drove that 3 hr. drive several more times to take me out...but the long distant relationship just didn't work out.
I just pray that he didn't grow up and marry Margo! LOL

OK girls...I want to hear some Valentine Stories from YOU!!!!

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 08 2012 01:33:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  7:08:16 PM  Show Profile

Wow....this beautiful package came to my front door...Emily your package was a gift before I ever opened it! So cute and clever with the button flowers...even your handwriting is beautiful!

Then I opened my box and knew there would be treasures galore!

So many many beautiful goodies and the two most adorable Valentines. Look at the saying on the one with the little girl...priceless...both are such treasures for my collection!

And...I got darling buttons, lace, velvet ribbon, gorgeous diecuts! charms....I am really going to be inspired now!

Emily you are way too generous! I just love it all!

Love and Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  7:11:29 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I love love love your Valentine story...I'll try to think of one...I met my husband at a Fourth of July party on the beach....he asked for my phone number and then didn't call me for a year!!! Does that count? LOL

Ginny...anytime you want to share some photos of your collection, I would love to see them!

And, to all the WONDERFUL ladies (you know who you all are) who participated, I am up for a vintage Easter card swap if you are!!!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

Edited by - tammyc on Feb 10 2012 7:16:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  11:16:33 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, you must have felt pretty special that a cute boy would contact you several years later and drive 3 hours to see you! I hope he didn't end up with Margo too! lol!

Tammy, it took him a year to call you?? It's funny that he'd hold onto your phone number for so long and then decide to call. What the heck took him so long? lol! I guess it was meant to be because you're still together now!

I don't have any funny valentines stories, but I do remember when I was in middle and high school my dad would send me flowers at school. It kind of embarrased me at the time because while other girls were getting things from their boyfriends, I was getting flowers from my dad. Now I look back and realize how sweet and special it was.

A funny story, that is not a valentine's story, is that I had been talking to a really nice guy when I was in my younger 20s. Eventhough we had only been talking for a little while, I could tell he was a great guy and I felt a connection. Well, I wanted to tell him how much I treasured him as a person and the friendship we had formed so I went to get him a card. I found one that had a beautiful message on it, but it was so stinking long. I read 3/4 of it and the words were perfect for our FRIENDSHIP. I wrote a personal message in it and sent it on its way. A few days later I got a phone call from him and he said "is it true??" I said, "is what true?" He said, "do you really love me?" Huh????? Lol! Where did that come from?? Apparently those words were tucked somewhere in the part I failed to read. I told him what had happened and we both had a good laugh! lol!

I have enjoyed getting to know you ladies and I can't wait to do the Easter swap! I need to find another antique shop to buy cards at though. The one here in town has a decent selection, but I've already been through it a dozen times! I still manage to find ones to buy though! :) Tammy, did you say we are going to be doing a little basket along with the Easter swap? It would be great to know a few of our swap partners likes so we can find a few goodies to put in the basket!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  12:28:12 AM  Show Profile

Connie...my goodness girl...spoil, spoil, spoil me why don't you! I loved your 2nd Valentine pkg.
Did you forget that you already sent me one...or were you just spreading around a little extra
Love??? I won't complain...because I loved both of your Vintage Valentine Pkgs. Thanks for
your Extra Sweetness!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  12:37:01 AM  Show Profile
Tammy and Emily ...loved both of your Stories!!!!

Tammy...how long did it take before he got around to popping the big question
if it took him a year to call you???? LOL

Emily...wow girl, I bet you learned to read all your cards from start to finish, huh? LOL
Your story reminded me of my 30 year old son...who send me a Birthday Card one time for
Mothers Day! I never told him he messed up. My birthday was still 5 months away. So funny!

I am so up for an Easter Card Swap too. This has been a blast! And the Best Part has been all
you Wonderful Sisters...I feel like I really have some very special friends who have enlarged
my heart with their "SPECIALNESS"! Thanks Girls.

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  5:59:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh peggy, so glad you like it! I was just spreading it out!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  04:15:05 AM  Show Profile
A gift from Beth. Not vintage but very pretty and creative!

Art cleans the dust of everyday life from the soul. Picasso
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  07:34:34 AM  Show Profile
Beth is very talented and that is lovely!
How Special!

live loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  07:49:06 AM  Show Profile
What a beautiful gift LindaJo! Beth you are so talented!

Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  7:01:17 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, Thank you again for hosting this swap! You were an incredible swap hostess! So generous and thoughtful! I loved the cards you sent me and the fact that you remembered I like owls from another swap really meant a lot! The little owl you sent has already made her home hanging up in my craft room so she can give me inspiration. The cookies.....well...what cookies? Lol. I shared with my dad and brother and they thank you too! I really enjoyed this swap and look forward to many more!

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  7:18:07 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, Thank you for my Valentine's package! I really love the post card you sent! There is a certain beauty of a ship on the water! I love the Mary Engelbreit (sp.??) card, too. My Aunt Mary (the same aunt who loved owls!) passed away several years ago liked Mary Engelbreit. I've been missing her terribly lately so when I look at these things it reminds me of her! The socks will come in handy. It's fun to have a pair of festive socks, even if it's your little secret. :) Thank you again!

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  7:29:22 PM  Show Profile
Connie, Thank you so much for BOTH Valentine's packages! It's funny, when Tammy posted the thread for the vintage valentine postcards, I was strictly thinking postcards. I didn't really have an interest in the cards. Now, after seeing the beautiful cards I recieved and the the ones the other girls recieved....I'm hooked! They are beautiful! And yes....I love the kitty card. Not as cute as Opie, but still very cute! And I love the way you sign your name! Thank you again!

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  7:32:00 PM  Show Profile
All you ladies made my Valentines very special with the lovely packages! I really enjoyed them!

I tried to post pictures of my cards from Connie and Peggy, but I keep getting an error message. I will try again in a bit!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  11:43:37 PM  Show Profile
Emily...you are welcome! It was a delightfully fun swap. And I am with you, I thought
only of collecting the Postcards until I started getting the great Valentine Cards too.
I'm hooked also. Everyone was sooooooo generous and so enthusiastic (Tammy rubbed off
onto all of us) that it turned out to be the neatest Swap. And I feel like I have gained
some really good friends which is the greatest part of any Swap.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  10:40:12 AM  Show Profile
Emily...you are so welcome! I had a great time choosing them for you. And Peggy, I am hooked on all cards and paper ephemera...if you could only see all my treasures....... I am so glad I was able to inspire my fellow farmgirls and share my love of vintage cards! I too feel like I made some wonderful new farmgirl friends from this swap! Don't worry I've got some more ideas up my sleeve!
Peggy....Portland....this summer!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  4:27:48 PM  Show Profile
Finally! I can upload pictures! Not sure why I kept getting an error message???
The top picture is of the goodies that Peggy sent me. Love, love the boat postcard!

The 2nd picture is of the cards that Connie sent me. Very sweet cards. They definitely don't make 'em like that anymore! Thanks again, Ladies!

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  5:31:16 PM  Show Profile
Emily, That makes me sooo happy you like the cards! I collect mostly 1950-60's cards then Tammy got me hooked on the 1940's too! I love the signed ones and the little notes written inside.

Imagine....#3392

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  5:40:33 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Tammy got me hooked on Vintage Cards as well, so now I have another collection, hurray!
Thank you again Tammy for a fabulous swap, can not wait to do it again next year:-)
Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  6:12:06 PM  Show Profile
I do know, that it is St.patrick's day, but that Tammy got me hooked on Vintage Valentines ,even more so than I was. I had to share this one ,only 5.00 on Ebay. I am going to frame her along with some others, that I cannot bear to pack away till next year!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  6:40:15 PM  Show Profile
Connie...she is so fabulous!!! What a great find! Glad you are going to frame her. She needs
to be out and appreciated and enjoyed.

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  07:54:42 AM  Show Profile
Peg, Thanks! She has real hair!! I have found from my experience, off seson is the best time to buy Hoilday cards, like right now, for Halloween and Christmas. The buyers will almost always take a Best Offer bid! and offer free shipping.

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  07:56:59 AM  Show Profile
What a great find Connie...I need to check out ebay more often. I can't believe she has real hair!!!
And she is so adorable. You have to frame her...

Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Vintage Valentine Card Swap Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page