tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  07:32:53 AM  Show Profile
Maddie, your cards are so beautiful! I love the one in the middle especially, and having it be a family heirloom is a bonus! Thanks for sharing pictures of your treasures! I love seeing them!

Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  07:55:19 AM  Show Profile
Maddie,I grew up next door to a lady who loved collecting like my Granny.She had calling cards and Dance cards from a relative who traveled all the time. When she died, no one wanted her scrapbooks but (Kitty Menietto), our next door neighbor. At the time I was so mesmerized by them, I was only 10. I got my love of old things from her too. She pased away in the 1970's and her whole estate was auctioned off and I missed it. Her kids thought it was a bunch of Junk! She had a Trunk full of Pics and things when she was stationed at Pearl Harbour.( a real Grass Skirt) she would let us girls play dress up with it! She was in the Navy for 8 years. Her home was a treasure to wander through. All of her family would bring her all the old things and collections when ever a realtive would pass. She had Glass cases of every color of Depression Glass. What I wouldn't have gave to have had all those scrapbooks!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  07:56:44 AM  Show Profile
Sounds great to me Tammy!!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  08:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Tammy,

Your valentine package was such a joy! Thank you very much...you have been a wonderful swap hostess!

Warmly,
Pam

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075
Happy member of the Southwest Henhouse

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  08:38:38 AM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Oh Linda, Your Valentine box is gorgeous! Thank you so much...you have really spoiled me! All sorts of Valentine goodies, including chocolate (!), a valentine's vintage hankie, clip card holders, various "heart" goodies, and of course, vintage valentines. It's all so sweet and you are very thoughtful. I have also enjoyed creating your box and it is going into the mail today. I hope that you enjoy it.

Warmly,
Pam

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075
Happy member of the Southwest Henhouse

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  08:53:30 AM  Show Profile
Oh Connie :) I know how you feel. I missed out on so many treasures, in my younger days, things I wish I would of kept or bought :( I guess it really is true, another persons junk, is someones treasure :)

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  08:59:53 AM  Show Profile
Madeline....love your beautiful cards too!
Just Lovely! Such Keepsakes!

Living Loved,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  09:06:53 AM  Show Profile

My Fun and Charming Valentine From Connie. I put it on the Pretty Red Tissue Paper...but it
made the card kind of blend in. It is adorable in person believe me.

Thanks for the little glitter Hearts too Connnie and your Card too. So, much delight in one
little pkg.

Living Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  09:15:37 AM  Show Profile
Love your card too Peg! Everyone has really gotten some great treasures!

Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  09:22:13 AM  Show Profile
I know these cards are not Valentines, but I just had to share more of my favorites... The first is an absolutely gorgeous set of bathing beauties...I don't know if they are hand painted or just beautifully tinted, but I think I have to frame them somehow. The other two are just funny! What really cracks me up is that they are from 1908 and 1909, and I have noticed that back then they had no rhyme or reason to the occasion....such as the "Don'ts for Wives was sent as an Easter card..LOL

Have a beautiful Monday everyone!

Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  10:04:22 AM  Show Profile
Connie, It breaks my heart that her family would think all of that wonderful stuff to be junk! I'm so sorry you missed out on the estate sale. Just thinking about the pictures from Pearl Harbor gives me a feeling I can't even express. I used to work in a nursing home and when I had free time I would go and talk to the residents. I loved hearing their stories and seeing all of the old pictures. I remember one especially. It was of the lady in her younger years with a beatiful flapper dress on and one of those headbands with the flowers. She was standing next to a really fancy car. I was mesmerized by it.

Anyway, the lady you grew up with sounds fabulous.....with a name like Kitty Menietto how could she not be???

Emily
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  11:21:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Tammy :) Great Cards ! I have seen similar cards in the past. I also know what you mean about cards sent that do not pertain that holiday. I have one Valentine card, sent as a birthday card. The only thing I can think of the person was born in February LOL I just love the graphics & some of the sayings are just quaint.

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  11:29:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Emily, We can only hope that people such as us all, find these treasures & become the keepers for the next generation. I have told my son, to look through all my things carefully. I started leaving little notes, just in case. He said he will ;) I guess to some if you have no interest in something, it is considered junk :( I have come across children's drawings, that were thrown out, I could never, ever do that. I said something one time to a lady about it, she said her kids are all grown & gone, like it just did not matter. How sad it made me, I have them now, do not know who the heck they are but I treasure their drawings :)

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  4:02:13 PM  Show Profile
Tammy...you absolutely must frame the bathing beauties. Those are sublime!
I love them!!!!! What a treasure.

I think the other two cards are vintage thinking alright!!! LOL

living loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  6:34:24 PM  Show Profile
You are so welcome Pam and thanks for letting me know it arrived
and you liked it. I am looking forward to the next "Vintage"
exchange, this one was so much fun.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  8:01:18 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, those are awesome and Emily thank you, Kitty Menietto could take you around the world, sitting on the foot of her bed, listening so hard,so as not to miss a word of her story! Jessica Tandy reminds me so much of her, in fried green tomatoes! She was my next door Neighbor for 17 years and My Mentor, and since they were Italian, when the windows were up........ ahhhhhhh the aroma that filled the air of Spaghetti and lasagna! and she fed us all! She decorated her House for every Holiday and loved them all! She would sit on the floor and play Jacks with me and my best friend Carla, when we were 6 and she was in her early 40's.I can still hear her sing Ole Man River and make us giggle!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  03:18:41 AM  Show Profile
I just love vintage valentines, when we purchased our house in Danvers Ma I found a small box of about 15 valentines, haven't seen them for a while. When I was unpacking here is Maine what did I find but that box. Have put them out on my hutch. Love all the cards on this thread you girls have sent each other.
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  05:55:08 AM  Show Profile
Oh how wonderful, Jill...When my mother died, I cleaned out her things and she had saved my sisters first Valentines and she is 11 years older than me, 68years old. I found those..She didn't want them, so I sent the ones that had been sent to her to the families of the ones she had received...They were so thrilled with them..They got to see their handwriting in the first grade and such...I kept some, but put them up so well and now I cannot find them...Oh they will turn up one day!!!!

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  05:56:11 AM  Show Profile
I love to hear all your stories, Connie, Maddie, Tammy, Emily Anna, and Jill......Smiles, Beth

Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  05:58:53 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, those cards are so fun and Maddie, Your are beautiful also!!! Love old vintage things...The colors and such are just so special..Cannot produce that today!!! Love, Beth

Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  4:34:45 PM  Show Profile
Tammy!!!!!I just got home from being in Virginia and found your package! WOW! You over gave on your vintage valentines! I love them all and I really love the towel which is now on my hoosier. Did I tell you I love bunnies? These two bunny cards are to die for! I also love the postcard and the candy.

Sadly I don't think I have time to take a pic and put it up as I got home last night at midnight and must now get up wicked early and turn around and go back. It is a 14 hour drive. My Mother called me as I was unpacking to tell me the Dr. decided to do surgery on her this Thursday and being the closest child, I'm going back to take care of her and my father. But I wanted to say THANK YOU! My email doesn't work there for some reason and I have little time for my laptop while I am there since they are 84 and 93, they need lots of help!

Thanks again, I really love it all.
Ginny

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  6:07:37 PM  Show Profile
Pam, thank you soooo much! Your vintage valentine package arrived
today with so many special treasures inside. Already sampled the
chocolates and loved the vintage valentine postcard and the adorable
little doggie one. Love the valentine stickers too. The valentine
taffy candy is a favorite of mine as well. What a fun package to
open. The darling heart shaped candy card holder is already in
use and displaying the pretty vintage valentine postcard. Thanks!

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....

Edited by - hummingbirdjoy on Feb 01 2012 6:19:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  6:52:16 PM  Show Profile

Oh, Anne thank you for the Beautiful Everything!!! Not only were the Vintage Valentines Sweet,
but your pretty hand-written note and the Cuff or Mug Warmer (I like it both ways) is absolutely
ADORABLE! In fact I must show a close-up of it also.

That was such a bright spot in my day...after coming home from the hospital with my DH.
Thank You So Much!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 01 2012 6:55:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  08:37:02 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Farmgirls!

I love seeing how much everyone is enjoying this swap and seeing all the beautiful Valentines and other goodies everyone has received!

A couple of things....to Ginny...I'm so glad you enjoyed your Valentines (a little bird told me you liked bunnies...LOL). I'm sending prayers for you and your parents...take good care of yourself!

Peg, you were in the hospital? Are you ok?

Hugs to all, Tammy

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  08:41:37 AM  Show Profile

Here are some pictures of the wonderful gifts I got from my swap partner, Anne! The vintage valentines are so charming....they have been displayed with my collection for all to enjoy!
The handmade cuff is just adorable...I, like Peggy, love it either way...but my friend who was here when I got the package said....how about a votive holder...and voila....I love it!
Thank you soooo much Anne for your gifts and your lovely handmade valentine too!

It's been a GREAT swap!

Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Vintage Valentine Card Swap Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page