Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  4:49:59 PM  Show Profile
Anna and Marlene, I was just wondering if you received my Vintage Valentine's I sent you, I sent it in the same envelope with your homemade valentines. Just wondering.
Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  5:55:43 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, you are so right about Farm mail coming at just the right time!! I adore it!!! Tammy ,those cards are as the kids say, "The BOMB". I love everyones cards! they are all so special!!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  07:28:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh Tammy all those cards are just Fabulous how wonderful that you own such a beautiful vintage collection. Would love to see them all, guess I will just have to come and visit you one day. I have always wanted to visit the San Francisco area, loved San Diego , who knows I may surprise you one day.
This has been a wonderful, fun swap too and I thank you so much Tammy for being a kind and gracious Hostess.

Have a beautiful, fun weekend everyone, I will be working on the last of my Valentines for the Homemade Valentine Swap.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  6:43:56 PM  Show Profile
I got sweet cards from Tammy Today! I consider her the Queen of Vintage cards! Here's some of my Collection, I love this table, it is the one I had the Sears catalog in at Christmas. Tammy sent the adorable Teacher Card with the Kittns and the Little Lamb so Precious, some of these were my family's, and some from junk stores and Antique Stores.
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  7:28:39 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad everyone is enjoying their swaps! I know I am! This is a photo of the absolutely adorable card I got from Connie yesterday....so charming...I just love her! xoxo

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  7:32:17 PM  Show Profile
Thought I would share a few photos of some of my vintage valentine collection. You can see my treasures from Connie, Ginny and Maddie enjoying their new home with me :)
Peg, I would love to host another vintage card swap...just name the theme...maybe Easter....or maybe just a cool vintage card with any theme.....thoughts, ladies?

Hugs to all, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  9:27:35 PM  Show Profile
Tammy,

I received you fun package this afternoon. Thank you so much for the four valentines day cards and all the yummy extras (the chocolate is almost gone already!). It was such a fun package to receive. Thank you for a wonderful swap!

~Anne

Go to Top of Page

whispering pines
True Blue Farmgirl

428 Posts

patricia
sedro woolley wa
USA
428 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  9:31:36 PM  Show Profile
Linda, thank you so much for the lovely package. It was
such a surprise, I loved the chocolate, cards, card holders
and all the goodies.

"It's not what I do, but how I do it!"~Mae West~
Go to Top of Page

whispering pines
True Blue Farmgirl

428 Posts

patricia
sedro woolley wa
USA
428 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  9:34:26 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, such a treat to recieve a
package form you. The treats are sweet
and I love the cards...Thank you!

"It's not what I do, but how I do it!"~Mae West~
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  09:50:10 AM  Show Profile
OOOOOOOOO Tammy,I love your colletion!! I had some of my Candy Heart boxes from the 60's and 70's and we lost a box when we moved 26 years ago to the country and they were in that one,it was left on the u-haul and by the time I missed it, they said no one turned it in. It was full of just Mementos!(love letters from high School) (I think my Hubby left it on purpose! LOL!) Thank God it was not my Grandmother's Depression Glass!!! They do not make the candy Heart boxes like that anymore!They were so Romantic! I would love to do any kind of Vintage Card Swap! Oh,I am so Happy you like your card! your collection is very Unique!I soooo love seeing everyone's Cards!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  10:07:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi Tammy :) Thank You for sharing your collection, it looks awesome ;) I know I sent you an email but again Thank You for my cards & goodies & for hosting this swap :)

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  10:10:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi :) Here is my card from Ginny. This card is truly touching, as my son is in the military. Thank You Ginny :)

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  10:19:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi :) Almost forgot I am in for another card swap, when you have one :)

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  12:12:35 PM  Show Profile
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/DSCN1453.JPG[/IMG These were my granny's,The one by itself was from her mother to all her children in 1925, the 2 framed together were from my Aunts when they were kids, to my Granny. the one on the left is 1940's, when my Aunt Sue was in school, and the one on the right is early 1960's ,when my Aunt Judy was in Elementary School. I had them framed 20 years ago, but have had them since I was about 20, My granny knew how much I loved old things and knew I would apprecite them, She was a pack Rat!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  12:13:52 PM  Show Profile
oops! Here is the other pic! I love checking back to see all the pics!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  12:26:21 PM  Show Profile
I am loving all the pix too. I have to post a picture later! But need to go back to bed
for awhile (pain from my Fibro).

I also, collect Valentine Boxes and Tins.

Tammy Easter or any vintage Card Swap...would be great! I kind of like the Theemed ones myself.
But I will do anyone that our hosted by you girlfriend.

living loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  12:39:17 PM  Show Profile

To Anne and Patricia....you are most welcome for the Valentines! I have loved putting this together and I love seeing all the wonderful pictures

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  12:45:16 PM  Show Profile
Connie...your collections are phenomenal! And, you have all the stories to go with the cards...I love that!

I so wish I could visit each and every one of you and see all the treasures! And Peg, you collect Valentine candy boxes too!!! I have always wanted to try my hand at altering a Valentine candy box....maybe next year :)

Peg, I hope you feel better soon! Sending lots of hugs and good wishes your way!

How about an Easter card swap ladies? That will give us a little breathing room...or how about a vintage birthday card swap (I have many, many fun birthday cards)...what are your thoughts?
Oh, I also ran an idea by Debbie (Blessed in Colorado) about an "Easter Basket" swap...filling a little basket with Easter goodies...she liked the idea...any takers?

Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  1:59:02 PM  Show Profile
You are so welcome Patricia, I had fun putting that box together.
Really enjoying the wonderful pics of everyone's favorite vintage
valentines and the stories that go with them. This was so much
fun.
Tammy, I also like the idea of a little Easter Basket with goodies
in it and maybe 1 Vintage Easter Card or Postcard in the basket to keep up the
theme here. The vintage birthday card is a fun idea as well.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....

Edited by - hummingbirdjoy on Jan 29 2012 2:00:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  2:06:43 PM  Show Profile
Linda, that is just what I was thinking a cute little Easter Basket with vintage type goodies and a fun vintage Easter card in the basket!!!! I'll be posting it soon as Easter is April 8th! Then maybe a birthday card swap for one of the slow months (is there such a thing?)

Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  6:47:58 PM  Show Profile
Tammy,

Thank you also for the towel, I love it, soo cute! I just got it out of the dryer and realized I didn't thank you!

Tammy and Peggy, your packages are in my mailbox waiting to be picked up.

~Anne

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  7:49:54 PM  Show Profile
Wow, you ladies have beautiful card collections! And the ones being sent are beautiful!

I wasn't going to do any more swaps after all my valentines ones were done, but I pretty much can't resist another card swap. Love the easter basket idea!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  7:55:38 PM  Show Profile
I think it will be fun Emily....and we've a couple months to plan!

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  03:47:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi All, I want to share a few of my favorite Valentines, some are calling cards & the one in the middle comes from Germany from the the 1920's, a family heirloom. It is laying down for the picture but when standing the pink honeycomb opens up below the swan. The detail is so much nicer in person :)

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  07:24:26 AM  Show Profile
Madeline, those are beautiful! I like them all, but I especially love the calling cards! The family heirloom is gorgeous in the picture so I can just imagine how lovely it is in person!

Emily
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Vintage Valentine Card Swap Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page